Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17491256 times)

Runco990 and 114 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #40400 on: October 03, 2019, 02:14:12 am »
No one needs one of dem useless fancy 3D printers or stinking custom cable racks just use a space where they are built in or use a stick. Redneck options Rule   >:D
Oowww! That chafing of insulation! One day, a significant voltage will bite into your finger from exactly those chafed areas!

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40401 on: October 03, 2019, 02:19:56 am »

Would you all take this flaming  :rant:   :rant:  :rant: war to a PM discussion? Seriously, you all are in, I dunno, like   :horse:   :horse:   :horse: :horse:  territory at this point. Yes, that is four dead horses.  It ain't fun for the rest of us. Even popcorn doesn't help, which is very very very depressing, because popcorn, at least of the buttered sort, cures everything.

Have I been emphatic enough to get your attention?    ;D
Although, if you hit them hard enough and in the same direction, the dead horsies will, technically, move.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, worsthorse, klab

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #40402 on: October 03, 2019, 02:22:02 am »
No one needs one of dem useless fancy 3D printers or stinking custom cable racks just use a space where they are built in or use a stick. Redneck options Rule   >:D
Oowww! That chafing of insulation! One day, a significant voltage will bite into your finger from exactly those chafed areas!

Well if you owned a 3D printer you could design and make a set to show me what I am doing wrong  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40403 on: October 03, 2019, 06:17:34 am »
AAAAHH! TEA has opened my eyes!  :scared:
Before, I would have thought those test leads to be sufficient! :o

(ok, I admit that there is a second wall, but I can't show it now because I have stuff from work hanging there)

Not that I would be sugguesting anyone needed to print some more cable hangers  :-DD

Rough draft. 203mm sections (ender sized) designed to be printed wall side down to the bed with tough no sag fingers edven with heavy cables. Wire gap is 7mm so it should take most including shielded? Shouldn't need all six screws outer lower and inner upper should do it. Thoughts suggestions before Neomys runs off to add a printer?  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #40404 on: October 03, 2019, 06:18:05 am »
<attached images of 1962 saturated Weston cell case>

My thermometers (40uV/C) from 1949, near but not at 20C:

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Martin.M, Zucca, mnementh, Kosmic

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40405 on: October 03, 2019, 06:22:44 am »
WARNING!!! BLUNT TALK AHEAD!!!

No, you pontificated from a place of ignorance while I systematically deconstructed why you were wrong, and then you continued to ignore the clear and obvious proof that you were wrong, repeating the same ignorant BS in different words over and over again, because you refuse to see beyond last year’s technology when next year’s is already in production.

I refuse to engage in ANOTHER such battle of willful ignorance in my place of refuge.

In short, pound off.

mnem
*no mood to suffer fools*
Learn to eat some crow.  :palm: Being wrong on occasion is a good thing as you'll learn something but when you get hung up on your pride and respond with belligerence it's all for naught. Look up some real world practical examples or the benchmarks posted in that previous discussion. You don't even have to admit out loud you've been wrong, but at least admit it to yourself.

Regrettably for all concerned, there does appear to be a pattern emerging.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40406 on: October 03, 2019, 06:23:57 am »
WARNING!!! BLUNT TALK AHEAD!!!

No, you pontificated from a place of ignorance while I systematically deconstructed why you were wrong, and then you continued to ignore the clear and obvious proof that you were wrong, repeating the same ignorant BS in different words over and over again, because you refuse to see beyond last year’s technology when next year’s is already in production.

I refuse to engage in ANOTHER such battle of willful ignorance in my place of refuge.

In short, pound off.

mnem
*no mood to suffer fools*
Learn to eat some crow.  :palm: Being wrong on occasion is a good thing as you'll learn something but when you get hung up on your pride and respond with belligerence it's all for naught. Look up some real world practical examples or the benchmarks posted in that previous discussion. You don't even have to admit out loud you've been wrong, but at least admit it to yourself.

Regrettably for all concerned, there does appear to be a pattern emerging.

The pattern forming is you want to continue what shouldn't. Pull your head in!

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40407 on: October 03, 2019, 06:28:36 am »
Yup. Its so very coincidental that I read him the riot act a couple days ago then you come in here needling me about a subject you just knew I couldn’t ignore.

Jeezus... what are we, 12 year olds at recess here?

Still not interested.

mnem
 :palm:

You don't get to read the riot act to anyone. The moderators do that.

I, and others it seems, are beginning to feel that there are 12 year olds at recess here.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40408 on: October 03, 2019, 06:34:03 am »

Would you all take this flaming  :rant:   :rant:  :rant: war to a PM discussion? Seriously, you all are in, I dunno, like   :horse:   :horse:   :horse: :horse:  territory at this point. Yes, that is four dead horses.  It ain't fun for the rest of us. Even popcorn doesn't help, which is very very very depressing, because popcorn, at least of the buttered sort, cures everything.

Have I been emphatic enough to get your attention?    ;D

to which the response was

Love to. I’ve been asking them to just effing leave me alone for the better part of a day now.

mnem
 :palm:

Can we all please grant mnementh his wish.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40409 on: October 03, 2019, 06:35:43 am »
Whats wrong @tggzzz blocked me or just ignoring my like a school boy bully?  :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #40410 on: October 03, 2019, 06:43:31 am »
The pattern forming is you want to continue what shouldn't. Pull your head in!
I do apologize for all the ruckus. I too am here for a relaxing chat with peers and some mental stimulation. It's just that I've grown tired of tiptoeing around a frail ego and getting jumped because I happen to bump into it. All the noise seems to be part of the method as it drowns out the original discussion and causes people to move on. Pulling your head in is the targeted effect so things won't get better. I'm fed up with it and know for a fact others are too.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #40411 on: October 03, 2019, 06:46:45 am »

That's not the same message that was there before but if that includes having a civil discussion by all means.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:50:55 am by Mr. Scram »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #40412 on: October 03, 2019, 06:51:36 am »
Then go and find another sandbox to play in.

Everyone is entitled to their points of view right or wrong, sure question it once and if common ground can’t be found moving on is the polite thing to do. Wanna keep stirring the pot, then expect some poo coming your way.
It’s just how the world works.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40413 on: October 03, 2019, 06:52:56 am »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40414 on: October 03, 2019, 06:53:51 am »
What seems to have started this may have been me calling out @tggzzz 's complete lack of practical knowledge re 3D printing when again BS was typed with no basis for the opinion as he has done multiple times before on the subject he has never to my knowledge used himself other than had work done by others?

My attack was on the opinion and yet it was taken as an attack on the person and still ZERO acknowledgement of deficient in knowledge or that the opinion he expressed was in anyway invalid just more waffle to try and muddy the point.

Rational and robust discussion should never get to this point and the last posts of @tggzzz do exactly ZERO to abate this hence 'pull your head in'. Retorts like that will only keep this rubbish going.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #40415 on: October 03, 2019, 07:00:16 am »
Then go and find another sandbox to play in.

Everyone is entitled to their points of view right or wrong, sure question it once and if common ground can’t be found moving on is the polite thing to do. Wanna keep stirring the pot, then expect some poo coming your way.
It’s just how the world works.
Bullying people out of the sandbox with belligerent behavior is not acceptable.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #40416 on: October 03, 2019, 07:01:35 am »
It’s not even worth revisiting others comments when and why, we each have some view of each other and choose to state/share it but views of any sort in this thread can only inflame feelings that could result in this great thread getting locked.
Do we want that, hell NO !

Let’s get back to TE and general chat about it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: BravoV, Addicted2AnalogTek, bd139, grbk

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #40417 on: October 03, 2019, 07:02:34 am »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40418 on: October 03, 2019, 07:27:32 am »
Got this on the printer so my silicone cables don't get chaffed  ;)

Takes about 22m of filament with 4 layers all round and 25% infill. In the zip file if anyone else wants to give it a go too.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Neomys Sapiens, bd139

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40419 on: October 03, 2019, 07:39:27 am »

That's not the same message that was there before but if that includes having a civil discussion by all means.

I'm not aware of what was in the previous version of that message. (Until you pointed that out, I didn't even notice the "edited at..." text)

I would like to see the discussion return to being civilised - before this thread comes on the moderators' radar.

Somewhere, a few months ago, this thread did come to Dave's (and Simon's?) attention for reasons I forget. My response to him was something to the effect that the thread welcomed newcomers and was self-policing; while it did veer off topic, the denizens guided it back, and I didn't feel there was need for him to pay it any attention. I couldn't make that statement at the moment.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #40420 on: October 03, 2019, 07:57:55 am »
I'm not aware of what was in the previous version of that message. (Until you pointed that out, I didn't even notice the "edited at..." text)

I would like to see the discussion return to being civilised - before this thread comes on the moderators' radar.

Somewhere, a few months ago, this thread did come to Dave's (and Simon's?) attention for reasons I forget. My response to him was something to the effect that the thread welcomed newcomers and was self-policing; while it did veer off topic, the denizens guided it back, and I didn't feel there was need for him to pay it any attention. I couldn't make that statement at the moment.
I just hope the underlying problem can also be considered fixed as it'll inevitably happen again otherwise.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40421 on: October 03, 2019, 08:06:54 am »
Seriously after the tirades over recent posts and now wants to play the model angel of sanity.  :palm:

@tggzzz seriously you were the one who stepped well out of line when you went the 'traitorous political rant' @mnementh and to this time seem to think your last post should absolve you of that personal and out of order attack?

And if I am blocked by this child who can't see the error of his ways and the double standards then I apologize to the others but the two faced behavior is laughable to think we will just swallow it as gospel!

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40422 on: October 03, 2019, 08:14:37 am »

I just hope the underlying problem can also be considered fixed as it'll inevitably happen again otherwise.

Just so; time will tell.

On several occasions I have deliberately bitten my tongue fingers rather than reply to posts that I regard as "unfortunate" and incorrect. An hour or so ago that resulted in:

Whats wrong @tggzzz blocked me or just ignoring my like a school boy bully?  :-DD

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #40423 on: October 03, 2019, 08:34:11 am »
Guys, could we all please just each take a deep breath and chill for a bit?

Look!  Nixies!!

Gaze at the pretty neon glow and breathe serenely.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Brumby, BU508A, med6753, mnementh, Mortymore, bd139, URI, InductorbackEMF, Kosmic, grbk

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40424 on: October 03, 2019, 08:36:31 am »
Seriously after the tirades over recent posts and now wants to play the model angel of sanity.  :palm:

@tggzzz seriously you were the one who stepped well out of line when you went the 'traitorous political rant' @mnementh and to this time seem to think your last post should absolve you of that personal and out of order attack?

For reference, this is the post beanflying is referring to https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg2716540/?topicseen#msg2716540

Note the context, and that the word "traitorous" refers to statements by Brexiteers - not anyone on this forum. Plus the final sentence was a plea to recognise differences of opinion, and not spoil the tenor of the forum. Oh well.

And if I am blocked by this child who can't see the error of his ways and the double standards then I apologize to the others but the two faced behavior is laughable to think we will just swallow it as gospel!

We note that is an ad hominem attack. In my opinion it is both incorrect and rude, and I'm sorry to see such statements on this forum.

As I alluded to before, I'm going to try to channel HAL's response:

Back to TEA, I hope.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:38:29 am by tggzzz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf