Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17889950 times)

Vgkid, med6753 and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #25425 on: February 16, 2019, 09:26:24 am »
This morning, I poured a heaping glorpful of this into a pint of hot milk. Yes, I drank it. I am ashamed.  :-[

mnem
You should be.  ::) Instant coffee??  :palm: My parents used to drink Nescafe instant. Total swill. Fresh brewed or get the fuck out of here.  :-DD
Not only instant, but the cheap off-brand pallet-store instant that's all in Spanish.  :palm:

Fine; since it offends you so much, you can right one great wrong in the world: Hike your happy ass over here and brew a pot; I'll happily drink some when I'm done wiping my daughter's poopy ass and dressing her for school.  :-DD

mnem
*Coffee chronicles Part 7b*

I am very familiar with Goya products although not their instant coffee. My little black book contains considerable entries with the few years I spent with a fiery and high maintenance Puerto Rican Princesa. Nearly killed me.  :scared:  And yes, the stereotype is true. They know how to use knives.  :o

But since you are playing Mr Mom you must have time to stop and properly brew the coffee.  :-DD   
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #25426 on: February 16, 2019, 09:29:07 am »
:-DD
Like the Canadian guy that tutored a log building course I spent a week at in '82, he couldn't stomach the instant stuff we were used to and had to have a perc'ed brew on the stove all day long.
Man, a bloody spoon stood up in the stuff it was so strong !  :o

How I know when my infamous split-pea soup is done. Seriously.  :-+

I prefer my coffee perc'd; or worse yet, ranch style (boil the grounds in the water, filter it through yer teeth). But there are mornings when I need my fix of caffeine to be able to brew a pot. ;)

mnem
Life is all about trade-offs. I think i'm going to go trade verticalness for horizontalness.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #25427 on: February 16, 2019, 09:30:10 am »
No Glamping just camping with a sense of style. Fresh Pita Bread Cheese and home made dip from the same trip  ;)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25428 on: February 16, 2019, 09:31:46 am »

That sucks. And what happens after you guys go Brexit?  :-//

Then ordering from the continent will be about the same! :-//

Yep, if it goes ahead we're screwed, because some people cannot let go of the past and move on, others of course are going make a fortune from it, namely those in power I guess because I cannot think of a single reason why else have they not scuppered plans to exit  :palm:

To be honest I’ve made a load of cash out of it because I raised my daily rate by 25%. No one argues a bit on the justification for that. But at the same time I didn’t vote for it because in the long run it’s bloody stupid.

If it wasn’t for the kids at school I would move to Europe, probably Netherlands, and hand my passport in. Ironically my eldest is actually in Austria at the moment. I’m going to Amsterdam (business unfortunately) next month. We all like to get away from this bloody place. Might be all that German blood in us calling us home.

What pisses me off the most is all of those muppets out there who insist that the EU needs us more than we need them? They seem to think that the UK is the biggest market for them to trade in  :wtf: Uk has a population of 66 Million and after exit the EU, they will still have a population of 46 Million  :-// :palm: With brians and logic like that how the feck did ever rise to the heights of being the worlds financial centre  :horse:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25429 on: February 16, 2019, 09:33:48 am »
@mnem
Sadly we don't have Kobalt over here....I think but will have a hunt.

We got cordless 1/2" impact, skill saws and some air impacts, in fact I could possibly challenge the tool dwagon ...especially if it came to chainsaws and twactors, even a crawler the young fella bought to go with his 2 diggers...then there's welders and a lathe, we got all sorts of shit and dread the day we might have to pack it up as you're trying to do. Nah, bugger that, gunna die here....easier.

Sounds like our barn/toolshed growing up on the farm. If you can't buy it, you make it.

mnem
Texas took the best 20 years of my life. I'll be damned if it'll get my corpse too.
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #25430 on: February 16, 2019, 09:37:18 am »
I think i'm going to go trade verticalness for horizontalness.
Me too, it's 10.30 or so pm and gotta be on my game to beat the kids at trap shooting tomorrow.  :horse:
@mnem

We got cordless 1/2" impact, skill saws and some air impacts, in fact I could possibly challenge the tool dwagon ...especially if it came to chainsaws and twactors, even a crawler the young fella bought to go with his 2 diggers...then there's welders and a lathe, we got all sorts of shit and dread the day we might have to pack it up as you're trying to do. Nah, bugger that, gunna die here....easier.

Sounds like our barn/toolshed growing up on the farm. If you can't buy it, you make it.

mnem
Texas took the best 20 years of my life. I'll be damned if it'll get my corpse too.
Yep that and the Scots blood running in my veins.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25431 on: February 16, 2019, 09:37:42 am »
@mnem

Kobalt is the in store brand name of tools for Lowe's Home Center....which I doubt you have Kiwi land. Don't know who actually makes their tools.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25432 on: February 16, 2019, 09:42:30 am »
:-DD
Like the Canadian guy that tutored a log building course I spent a week at in '82, he couldn't stomach the instant stuff we were used to and had to have a perc'ed brew on the stove all day long.
Man, a bloody spoon stood up in the stuff it was so strong !  :o

How I know when my infamous split-pea soup is done. Seriously.  :-+

I prefer my coffee perc'd; or worse yet, ranch style (boil the grounds in the water, filter it through yer teeth). But there are mornings when I need my fix of caffeine to be able to brew a pot. ;)

mnem
Life is all about trade-offs. I think i'm going to go trade verticalness for horizontalness.
Theres a another trade off for ya, filtering coffee with ya teeth and visits to the dentist. Speaking of which you reminded me to postpone my trip to the dentist planned for this coming Thursday til next month. I need to go to RAF Marham and capture a few more Tornadoes before the cease flying at the end of the month in favour of the J35's  :palm:

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #25433 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:38 am »
@mnem

Kobalt is the in store brand name of tools for Lowe's Home Center....which I doubt you have Kiwi land. Don't know who actually makes their tools.
Nah we don't, 'bout the best we have is Aussie Bunnings but not a store close and handy.  :(

If I can possibly shoehorn some 18650's into those battery packs I'm willing to give it a try.
Going horizonta...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:45:18 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #25434 on: February 16, 2019, 09:45:21 am »

Theres a another trade off for ya, filtering coffee with ya teeth and visits to the dentist. Speaking of which you reminded me to postpone my trip to the dentist planned for this coming Thursday til next month. I need to go to RAF Marham and capture a few more Tornadoes before the cease flying at the end of the month in favour of the J35's  :palm:

Was watching this video of the Mach Loop this morning  8) Lovely twin viewing peaks. Tornado's at about 2 minutes  ;)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:18:57 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25435 on: February 16, 2019, 09:48:00 am »
Oh shit... It's almost 4am. |O  What the fuck is wrong with me, up until "oh shit" in the morning, yammering with all you freaks.  :-DD

mnem
*Knocks self unconscious with a clock mallet*

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25436 on: February 16, 2019, 09:49:26 am »

That sucks. And what happens after you guys go Brexit?  :-//

Then ordering from the continent will be about the same! :-//

Yep, if it goes ahead we're screwed, because some people cannot let go of the past and move on, others of course are going make a fortune from it, namely those in power I guess because I cannot think of a single reason why else have they not scuppered plans to exit  :palm:

To be honest I’ve made a load of cash out of it because I raised my daily rate by 25%. No one argues a bit on the justification for that. But at the same time I didn’t vote for it because in the long run it’s bloody stupid.

If it wasn’t for the kids at school I would move to Europe, probably Netherlands, and hand my passport in. Ironically my eldest is actually in Austria at the moment. I’m going to Amsterdam (business unfortunately) next month. We all like to get away from this bloody place. Might be all that German blood in us calling us home.

What pisses me off the most is all of those muppets out there who insist that the EU needs us more than we need them? They seem to think that the UK is the biggest market for them to trade in  :wtf: Uk has a population of 66 Million and after exit the EU, they will still have a population of 46 Million  :-// :palm: With brians and logic like that how the feck did ever rise to the heights of being the worlds financial centre  :horse:

Those brains are all in London and the surrounding areas and we voted to stay in EU.

The issue is with towns. Towns containing people living in a 1940s we won the war monoculture still. Alas they are all too young and stupid to remember why we had a war and are quite happy to act it out again with us being the bad guys.

Fun fact for those who don’t know. The Uk started the EU!!  :palm:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:51:37 am by bd139 »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25437 on: February 16, 2019, 09:56:01 am »

Fun fact for those who don’t know. The Uk started the EU!!  :palm:
Really, never knew that, got any references to that at all, there's a few people on FaceBook I really want to piss of with all their british bulldog claptrap.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25438 on: February 16, 2019, 10:12:08 am »
Takes a lot of digging into European history. Basically as a result of the UN being created and the European continent being sliced up, this allowed the original euro trade blocs to be created. The UK provided security, bankrolled most of those (this is actually one of the reasons we had a post war recession!) and provided diplomatic support to make sure that they went in a direction friendly to us. Also we drafted ECHR. Then we cruised in when everyone was getting on nicely, tried to assert dominance and started being a wanker so now decided to leave because the party were just ashamed at us.

Basically we drafted, funded and shaped it at a political level but didn’t join in the fun until much later. And idiots think it was a bad thing. The funny bit is that we will only be leaving some of it. Just enough to bury all the funding and trade advantages. Bye bye Cornwall and Wales.

Alas it may be for something more political. Putin is getting a bit problematic on the east and I don’t think the UK gov want to get involved in that one. Plus they have some dirt on our political elite I reckon. 

Patrick Stewart did a skit on the ECHR which shows the mentality very well:

https://youtu.be/ptfmAY6M6aA

I suggest you just quit Facebook though.

Really everyone is afraid of the “United States of Europe” as we will end up being Texas (no offence to mnem there ;) )

Im not afraid of that. I don’t mind spending euros here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:18:50 am by bd139 »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25439 on: February 16, 2019, 10:27:54 am »
We have our version of Mach Loop in Death Valley...

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25440 on: February 16, 2019, 12:04:11 pm »
That's where they train in flying while avoiding radar detection for use in real war zones should they ever be called upon to do so. Looks great fun and I'd love to take photos in that scenario but I reckon by the time I climbed up those mountains I'd be dead  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #25441 on: February 16, 2019, 01:13:40 pm »
Busted leads while measuring things inside fast connectors. Hand made grind on the tip :P
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25442 on: February 16, 2019, 01:38:58 pm »
We have our version of Mach Loop in Death Valley...

This popped into my head after watching that.

https://youtu.be/siwpn14IE7E

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25443 on: February 16, 2019, 02:00:14 pm »
There's going to be Top Gun 2 released next Summer (2020).

The F14 was retired by the Navy in 2006. We sold a bunch of them to the Shah of Iran back in the 1970's and Iran still has them in front line service. 

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25444 on: February 16, 2019, 03:00:27 pm »
Fox One.

I like the F14, very similar in lots way to the F15 which we have one of the largest deployments of over here at RAF Lakenheath, and I often go there to see them and just listen to those engines roar on take off with full reheat on. Makes the whole area vibrate including the ground. That's just what I remember the Vulcan doing when it was in active service unlike how it was flown by the vulcan to the trust before it took its last flight. :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25445 on: February 16, 2019, 03:24:31 pm »
I've never been up close to an F15 nor seen one take off. But I have seen them flying at low altitude.

You know what the ultimate Mach Loop or Death Valley pass would be? A BONE (B-1B) in full reheat. They're designed for that sort of ground hugging flying and I'm surprised they don't practice at either site.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25446 on: February 16, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »
I've never been up close to an F15 nor seen one take off. But I have seen them flying at low altitude.

You know what the ultimate Mach Loop or Death Valley pass would be? A BONE (B-1B) in full reheat. They're designed for that sort of ground hugging flying and I'm surprised they don't practice at either site.
We don't have any B-1B operating over here in UK so highly unlikely to see them in the Mach Loop.

Here you go I've fixed part of it for ya, here's some F15's taking off from Lakenheath as filmed from the viewing bay. I normally watch from the other side and slightly more in line with runway so the noise is more intensified from there.

Who let Murphy in?

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #25447 on: February 16, 2019, 05:33:38 pm »
Fox One.

I like the F14, very similar in lots way to the F15 which we have one of the largest deployments of over here at RAF Lakenheath, and I often go there to see them and just listen to those engines roar on take off with full reheat on. Makes the whole area vibrate including the ground. That's just what I remember the Vulcan doing when it was in active service unlike how it was flown by the vulcan to the trust before it took its last flight. :palm:

They had a Vulcan at the East Fortune Air Museum along with quite a few others a few years ago, I don't know if it's still there or not. I used to see it from the road going to and from work each day when I was still working and I can remember thinking just how HUGE it was. I'm sure the road was around a half mile or there about from where the Vulcan was parked up and it looked awesome from there so how it would look close up I can only imagine.
It really was a very cool plane to see, i'm glad I've seen it.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Online med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #25448 on: February 16, 2019, 05:44:28 pm »
Interesting fact about the F-15. it has 100 air-to-air victories and no F-15 has ever been shot down in combat. The Israelis have the most victories and the only documented pure "gun only" kill. All others were missile shots.

TEA related, sort of. I am an admitted neat freak. I hate senseless clutter and I hate dirt. That extends to my vehicles as well as my living space. I keep the vehicles clean (weather permitting) outside as well as inside and maintained. I regularly receive complements from complete strangers when I drive the old 2004 Civic. They can't believe it's 15 years old and has 191K miles.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that when I show pictures of the benches they are neat. Yep, unless I got something ripped apart that's the way they are. After all, they are in my living room....not in separate "back room". And how do I keep all that crap from looking like the dust bowl? With these. Once a week. Takes about 15-20 minutes to do the whole place. They work great and much more effective than other duster I've ever used. I don't know if they are available in other countries but if they are I suggest you check them out.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25449 on: February 16, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »
When I went on a base tour around Lakenheath they told me about that as well, it truly is an awesome machine and I have no idea why the RAF never purchased any of them. The only other aircraft that I think can claim such a success rate, I think is the Harrier, they had a load lost from crashes but I don't think any have been lost due to enemy engagements. In the Falklands war, the Argentinians hated them even though they subsonic, whenever they came up against one, they lost.

Yes, your bench is always lovely and clear, neat and tidy, just the complete opposite to mine  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf