Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17433246 times)

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #24650 on: February 07, 2019, 03:01:51 am »
@inverted have you figured out how much you want for those bird wattmeters and accessories?

Has anyone seen MartinM around? He expressed interest in a Tek plugin I saw at the local surplus store, and I ended up getting a steal of a deal on it (compared to ebay pricing), but I haven't heard back from him.

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24651 on: February 07, 2019, 03:13:42 am »
@inverted have you figured out how much you want for those bird wattmeters and accessories?

Has anyone seen MartinM around? He expressed interest in a Tek plugin I saw at the local surplus store, and I ended up getting a steal of a deal on it (compared to ebay pricing), but I haven't heard back from him.

I told you they were your's and figured you throw me an offer. Don't make me give you a price because you probably wont like it...lol

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #24652 on: February 07, 2019, 03:31:08 am »
Box_of_Valves: going to the for sale thread as well
Is there enough of the right ones to possible help Pete ?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/oscilloscope-used-in-thunderbirds-episode/msg2063803/#msg2063803
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24653 on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:27 am »
Box_of_Valves: going to the for sale thread as well
Is there enough of the right ones to possible help Pete ?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/oscilloscope-used-in-thunderbirds-episode/msg2063803/#msg2063803

Ill post them on their thread and let them do the homework, thanks mate. :-+ (done)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:47:08 am by Inverted18650 »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24654 on: February 07, 2019, 04:02:23 am »
On my front
Before I walked up and touched anything, I was checking out the data on the STAT tab and the unit barely moved, 4uV deviation for the time that I was out of the room (about 6 mins) and no other changes. That tells me this unit wants to act right but needs a little love....challenge accepted!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:02:44 am by Inverted18650 »

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24655 on: February 07, 2019, 04:06:00 am »
I have taken over the breakfast area and most of the living room and all of the foyer with this gear. SWMBO gets flowers everyday as a thank you for letting me be so amazingly chaotic (but its an organized chaos, I know exactly where everything is...lol).

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #24656 on: February 07, 2019, 04:08:06 am »

Nah, give us more details! I got a few virgin nixies to use here and a TTL clock would be awesome (I already got a few nixie clocks with microcontrollers, and never a scavenged tube!)

Would look nice next to my 3x (three!) nixie frequency counters...

He may kill you!

Nah, nixies are safe with me. I only use NOS bare nixies for my clocks.
The reason I have three frequency counters is because I can't bring myself to scavenge them, so they get restored instead. :D
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker, Inverted18650

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #24657 on: February 07, 2019, 04:45:53 am »
In Other News... Bang-em-good banged me good.

KSGER Stainless Steel FX-9501 T12 Soldering Iron Handle; $38 from Banggood

"Item NOT As described, defective, not even correct brand. Very disappointed. Please refund immediately."

1 - Arrived with messed up cable visible from outside. This does not bode well.  :-\
2 - Cable strain relief messed up; this is what I found after unwrapping. Will need to be completely rewired correctly so cable is affixed inside. grrr.  >:(
3 - Can't even get a cartridge into it any further than this. I almost broke the tip trying to get it past old, hard oversized o-ring inside. Just the tip, man.  >:D
4 - Some off-brand product, NOT KSGER.  :wtf:
5 - NOT Stainless steel. Magnetic, rusty, just plain cheap chromed steel tube. Utterly unmitigated piece of shit. Nice & skinny grip, though.

Very disappointing. No idea where they got this piece of shit, but this borders on bait & switch. We'll see what they offer. If they demand a video, I'll tell them to go suck a duck and have PayPal handle it.

mnem
Banggood, whatcha doin' widdat duuuuuck?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:47:49 am by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24658 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:59 am »
Next to "piece of shit" in the dictionary is a picture of that soldering iron.  ::) :palm:
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24659 on: February 07, 2019, 05:04:34 am »
What the fuck ? BANGED GOOD was spot on. Bait and switch like the damn globe trotters...they gotcha..unreal
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:06:49 am by Inverted18650 »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #24660 on: February 07, 2019, 05:06:33 am »
"Reamed good" would be a more appropriate name.  :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #24661 on: February 07, 2019, 05:09:25 am »
Just posted this pic in the "What did you buy today" thread, but here it is anyway... Just arrived today.
Tek 577-177 curve tracer. I just couldn't say no when I saw it on Yahoo Auctions. Paid less than $250 inc. shipping for it too.

A bit of time on the healing bench to get it all back to spec, then I'll measure up the sockets in the test fixture to make a bunch of test jigs.  :-/O
(Are there any measurements from Tek for these test sockets anywhere?)

Amazing deal, TO! Congrats.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24662 on: February 07, 2019, 05:19:34 am »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Local-Pickup-from-Erie-PA-LOT-OF-THREE-Fluke-8375A-Digital-Multimeters/362546242891?hash=item546970a54b:g:-dgAAOSwWrdbnwni:rk:6:pf:0

tempting......BUT.....local pickup only.

5 hours and over 300 miles one way according to google maps.  thats a long way to go for nixie meters i don't need.

i don't want them......i don't want them......i don't want them.

(damn....do not have any fluke nixie meters....maybe i do want them?  what would neo do?)

'I don't Need' - What the  :-DD

If the weather was better it would be a great few days tour around the Lake and even a side trip to Niagara with the bonus of Nixie pickup on the way  :)

I'm totes feeling both sides of that argument. If it's any consolation, once I'm in Toronto I might be able to help...

OTOH... Bitseeker, I think we absoulutely need to add WWND? to the first page...   :-DD

mnem
*Cackles and runs away*

Of course that must be added to the Glossary. How else will new members decipher the meme? Added!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24663 on: February 07, 2019, 05:23:15 am »
Id put it on the bench now but thzts the unit that threw my back out Sunday so I am scared of it...lol. For real. I hit the floor like someone popped in me in the chin and was K.O'ed. I crawled to the couch, or as close as I could get to it and just laid there on the floor until my wife came out and found me. She got my muscles relaxers and pain pills and i stayed put for about 20 more mins before she could help me up and get me into bed. So yeah I am scared of it...so what..no HP gear ever kicked your ass. LIAR's all of you.

OW! Take care of yourself man.

Yeah, wow, ow! The back is no joke. Get better soon!

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24664 on: February 07, 2019, 05:44:13 am »
Someone here had some older RF type connectors/caps that would fit these standards I have lying around, but I completely forgot who and I just wonder if I can still get them. If not that fine, Ill buy them right now I just need them to be here pretty quick like. I am motivated to get this Keithley setup for some real work and getting all the adapters, parts, pieces, coax, time now.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #24665 on: February 07, 2019, 06:12:50 am »
Someone here had some older RF type connectors/caps that would fit these standards I have lying around, but I completely forgot who and I just wonder if I can still get them. If not that fine, Ill buy them right now I just need them to be here pretty quick like. I am motivated to get this Keithley setup for some real work and getting all the adapters, parts, pieces, coax, time now.

Just need your address as per an email from a few days ago ;) They are sitting in front of me Type 874 - BNC adapters x 2 next to Neomys Sapiens baggy of bits it has taken him a while to get back to me about too.

Bloody hard work giving stuff away when the recipients don't give you what is needed  :-DD
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:15:01 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24666 on: February 07, 2019, 06:13:59 am »
I was about to click buy now, damn right on mate , PM on the way

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24667 on: February 07, 2019, 06:49:25 am »
Are you Aussies at work now? Its nearly 0100 here. I just bought the set with the opposite BNC ends. I really hope you can send me those as well brotha.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:00:12 am by Inverted18650 »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24668 on: February 07, 2019, 07:01:06 am »
6pm THURSDAY and 29 degrees in the Shack so 'work' is on a go slow as I make a G+T to sip on  ;D

You now have 15 hours to get me what I need so the connectors will make tomorrows post or they won't go until Monday ;)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24669 on: February 07, 2019, 07:11:33 am »
6pm THURSDAY and 29 degrees in the Shack so 'work' is on a go slow as I make a G+T to sip on  ;D

You now have 15 hours to get me what I need so the connectors will make tomorrows post or they won't go until Monday ;)

Dude dont tease me, for real, I am biting my finger nails here... |O
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:17:07 am by Inverted18650 »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24670 on: February 07, 2019, 07:18:32 am »
Manly Pink Triple G&T while doing some sketching and figuring out of TEA related 'stuff'.

Chilled TEA  8)

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24671 on: February 07, 2019, 07:26:52 am »
Huge thanks again, you were CLUTCH for me mate! Next rounds on me.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #24672 on: February 07, 2019, 07:50:25 am »
Next to "piece of shit" in the dictionary is a picture of that soldering iron.  ::) :palm:

You know I COULD make it a lot better. But I ain't touchin' it til I get my money back.
What the fuck ? BANGED GOOD was spot on. Bait and switch like the damn globe trotters...they gotcha..unreal

It's no big deal; wasted time more than anything. They have customer service; you just have to jump through their hoops. Most of the time, you don't even have to send it back.

Worst case, let PayPal take it out of their hide. I've only ever had to do that once.  :phew:

Though I do remember one deal... bought a 10W LED Bicycle headlight that arrived defective, got a 2W flashlight as replacement. Then got a brand new in box, 20 years old Shindaiwa Cassette Walkman... then finally got the right bicycle headlight, and working. That whole thing was downright comical.  :-DD

...I'm totes feeling both sides of that argument. If it's any consolation, once I'm in Toronto I might be able to help...

OTOH... Bitseeker, I think we absoulutely need to add WWND? to the first page...   :-DD

mnem
*Cackles and runs away*
Of course that must be added to the Glossary. How else will new members decipher the meme? Added!

Congratulations, neo! You are now offcially an INTERNET MEME!!!    :-DD

A'aight... Got my threads read, got sleepy-bye pill in me, and got 120mm PWM fan ordered to hack into the big copper sink.

Gnight all, seeyazz on the morrow.

mnem
sleep, bitchezz!!!
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24673 on: February 07, 2019, 08:14:50 am »
Holy crap that soldering iron handle was shit.

I can’t complain about a pink G&T. Partial to a cider and black here  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24674 on: February 07, 2019, 09:19:35 am »
What a crappy handle that ism Banggood won't keep you waiting long in my experience. Personally I still think that the 9501 handle is about as good as they get, I love mine  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf