Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 18107644 times)

Vince, Robert763 and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #20400 on: November 29, 2018, 03:36:23 pm »
mnem
   *Having a biscuit with my morning coffee...*
Holy shit balls, if thats your biscuit, I'd hate to see or eat your pizza  :-DD

"In my defense, I WAS left unsupervised."  :-DD

This is sortof my "Last Hurrah!" before going back on the Keto diet; trying to eat up all the naughty carbs leftover from Thanksgiving so they don't just lie there, mocking me.  :P

mnem
Oh jeeez... there's half an apple pie still... *twitch... twitcha-twitch...*

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:38:45 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #20401 on: November 29, 2018, 03:44:32 pm »
Floppy biscuits aren't biscuits.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #20402 on: November 29, 2018, 03:45:32 pm »
Here we go. Much unholiness. One tiny little HF CW transmitter. Only 7B53 parts apart from one 7030KHz crystal! Excuse my crappy CW, using a paddle as straight key here  :palm:

https://youtu.be/d_xTJ27WYYM

And that's it.
:-//

Didn't sound a bit like 'Help me Tek SOS' !  :-DD
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20403 on: November 29, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »

Aaaand that's dinner decided tonight!

Keeping it TEA, hell yes:

This is also incidentally probably why Jim Williams died of a stroke  :(

Didn't sound a bit like 'Help me Tek SOS' !  :-DD

Hahaha  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20404 on: November 29, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »
Floppy biscuits aren't biscuits.

Fill 'em with enough ham & swiss cheese, and they aren't floppy at all...  :-DD

mnem
*The voice of experience*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #20405 on: November 29, 2018, 05:12:11 pm »
Fill 'em with enough ham & swiss cheese, and they aren't floppy at all...  :-DD

mnem
*The voice of experience*

;D

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20406 on: November 29, 2018, 05:31:36 pm »
 :-DD

mnem
*Impairing productivity since nineteen-mumblety-mumble*

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #20407 on: November 29, 2018, 06:14:56 pm »
I bought an HP 3325B function generator from the same seller I got those frequency counters from.  :-DD mnem I'll have the pr0n up once it comes  :-/O

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #20408 on: November 29, 2018, 06:21:59 pm »
Pepperoni pizza is my absolutely most favorite pig out food that is not on my diabetic food plan. I will consume until one of two things happen: it's either gone or I get sick.  :-DD

Parts to complete the 190VDC calibrator according to USPS were supposed to arrive today. I knew that was too optimistic and it arrived at my local PO mid-day. Will deliver tomorrow. USPS is always wrong with their delivery projections where I find that usually UPS is dead on.
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20409 on: November 29, 2018, 06:40:06 pm »
Yeah me too. Best stuff on the planet. Unfortunately while not diabetic I have lactose intolerance so it’s my kryptonite as well.

Got a large box of shite off eBay for £12 today. That’s my only purchase. It is chock full of IFT cans, old denco coils and pot cores though so should be fun.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #20410 on: November 29, 2018, 08:11:18 pm »
mnem
   *Having a biscuit with my morning coffee...*
Holy shit balls, if thats your biscuit, I'd hate to see or eat your pizza  :-DD

"In my defense, I WAS left unsupervised."  :-DD

This is sortof my "Last Hurrah!" before going back on the Keto diet; trying to eat up all the naughty carbs leftover from Thanksgiving so they don't just lie there, mocking me.  :P

mnem
Oh jeeez... there's half an apple pie still... *twitch... twitcha-twitch...*

You are making me twitch also.  I am permanently off pizza, actually cheese in general.  I've suffered suffer chronic constipation for years which landed me in the hospital in August with a small bowel obstruction that the Dr was able to cure without very invasive surgery.  Now on medicine for the issue and large quantities of fiber supplement to keep things moving smooth as silk.  I definitely don't want a fecking tube up my nose, through my sinuses and into my stomach again.  I can live vicariously through you but am still twitching.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20411 on: November 29, 2018, 09:01:13 pm »
I just had a very strange thing happen to me here, sitting in my chair watching a YouTube channel on my PC and it was all about Electrostatic speakers and how low the distortion is on the bass, not heavy bass but ultra low distortion on what bass there was coming from the speaker and when the programme came to a very quiet section I was alway of a hiss and crackling sound on my left. I thought so much for the low distortion, if I could hear this noise that the producer of the programme couldn't.

When the program finished, the noise was still there so I thought that maybe one of my speakers was playing up, but I couldn't pin it down to a speaker. I then thought that maybe a bloody X2 cap was burning in the amplifier so I turned it off, sound continued, next on left and powered was the printer/scanner so I turned that off, sound was still there. Next along was a great A1 plotter but that has been switched off for a long, none the less I investigated and sure enough the sound seemed to be coming from control box at the end of it. I examined closer and there is shelf next to the plotter and I did a double take, it seemed that it was foaming WTF, and sure enough it was covered in foam. I dived in to this bloody foam and discovered that an aerosol can of wood polish had been knocked over, with the cap still on and it was fecking leaking  :wtf: :scared:

Its in the the fecking dustbin now, still leaking its contents  :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20412 on: November 29, 2018, 09:19:58 pm »
Take it outside and vent the place. When I was a teenager I was round a friend’s house and he sparked up a cigarette. Hear a car outside about two minutes later and shit a brick thinking it was his parents back. So he dumps an entire can of deodorant into the room and jabs the cigarette out. Looked out of the window and saw it was his neighbours. I was pissing myself laughing at the time, almost literally so I went to open the bedroom door and he lit up another cigarette.

FUM!

Well it turns out the fuel air mix was just about right. No damage or anything but it closed the door with a slam and neither of us could hear anything for about five minutes. Went up about ten degrees as well  :-DD

Could be worse with solvents and propellant.

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20413 on: November 29, 2018, 09:36:01 pm »
One of the clever not-chemists at college realized that you could ignite the spray out of a Lysol disinfectant can with a match and use it as a blowtorch.  Not only was he lucky that it didn't flash back on him, but we later found out that burning that particular combination of chemicals creates a residue of something very poisonous in its wake.  It's a wonder there weren't deaths on a weekly basis at that school.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #20414 on: November 29, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »

I bought some aerosol label remover; if I mixed it with  vaseline, I would have had orange scented napalm.

After using it, I spotted bubbles around the seal.......
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20415 on: November 29, 2018, 10:24:05 pm »
Could have been a bit of a problem there  :scared:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20416 on: November 29, 2018, 10:29:52 pm »

I bought some aerosol label remover; if I mixed it with  vaseline, I would have had orange scented napalm.

After using it, I spotted bubbles around the seal.......
'Today we will learn how to defend yourself if someone is attacking you with something smelling of oranges!'
Sounds familiar?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20417 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:05 pm »
Pepperoni pizza is my absolutely most favorite pig out food that is not on my diabetic food plan. I will consume until one of two things happen: it's either gone or I get sick.  :-DD

Parts to complete the 190VDC calibrator according to USPS were supposed to arrive today. I knew that was too optimistic and it arrived at my local PO mid-day. Will deliver tomorrow. USPS is always wrong with their delivery projections where I find that usually UPS is dead on.

Yeah, except when they send your shipment back to the vendor at 09:24AM, then lie to you directly when you inquire about your delivery, saying it is for sure going to be delivered that day... TWICE... then try to tell you in a THIRD conversation that you supposedly REFUSED DELIVERY when you sat less than 5 steps away from the door WAITING ALL FUCKING DAY for said delivery, and you KNOW from reviewing security cam video that they NEVER ever even came down your street.  :rant:

This is NOT the first time fucking batshit crazy bullshit like this has happened to me with UPS,  either. They are the SHITHOLE of delivery services, at least here in Tejas. As much as I gripe about the USPS, they're STILL more dependable than UPS.

Seriously... FUCK UPS. With a Shovel.

mnem
Sideways.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:53:39 pm by mnementh »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20418 on: November 29, 2018, 11:53:25 pm »
The irony is that UPS here is better than Royal Fail and Parcel Farce (our local ex state run outfits)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #20419 on: November 30, 2018, 12:00:34 am »
The irony is that UPS here is better than Royal Fail and Parcel Farce (our local ex state run outfits)

Privatisation is awesome  |O Worse service, more expensive, failing infrastructure ....... Maybe not in every case but generally it fails to deliver good outcomes to the users and is no more than a short term cash injection to the government in question.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #20420 on: November 30, 2018, 12:04:14 am »
UPS is actually great in my area. They have a local customer center where the drivers open up after finishing their routes at 4 pm, and so if you missed a signature required delivery, you can go down there at 4 and pick it up. You can call them, too. They also know where my house is. FedEx on the other hand is convinced the crap heap next door is my house.   |O Good luck calling FedEx. You get the national call center who doesn't have the foggiest about what the local guys are doing.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20421 on: November 30, 2018, 12:07:26 am »

Privatisation is awesome  |O Worse service, more expensive, failing infrastructure ....... Maybe not in every case but generally it fails to deliver good outcomes to the users and is no more than a short term cash injection to the government in question.

I don't know about that. Everything they have privatised here works better than it did in public hands and is actually accountable to someone.

Royal Mail was dire before. I mean really dire. It's less dire now. It's still not good though.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20422 on: November 30, 2018, 12:07:44 am »

That just about sums it all up, its about raising money and another way of attempting curry favour when it comes to general election times to ensure that a certain party wins because certain groups of people earn dividends from shares in these privatised companies because paying dividends becomes far more important then delivering a really good customer experience :palm:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:15:42 am by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20423 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:44 am »

I don't know about that. Everything they have privatised here works better than it did in public hands and is actually accountable to someone.

Royal Mail was dire before. I mean really dire. It's less dire now. It's still not good though.
It sounds like your local office was a bad one then, mine was a really good service with a twice daily delivery and often post was on the doormat at or before 9.00am. These days it is often mid to late afternoon before we see a post person (because we also post ladies now as well), and sometimes we don't get a delivery at all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:13:04 am by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #20424 on: November 30, 2018, 12:31:57 am »

UPS, Royal Mail and Parcel Force are all good here. It might help that I am on good terms with all the posties.

Now Yodel and Hermes are a different matter. The operatives (?employees?) are squeezed too hard by the private owners that are too focussed on delivering "shareholder value" rather than their customers.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf