Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17689891 times)

duckduck and 68 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #9125 on: April 03, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »
I'm not aware of any advantages of being married :)
Cooking, cleaning etc🤣

From mobile device so predictive text might have struck again [emoji83]

Yeah, seems that's all I do anymore...   :-DD

mnem
*Back to hoeing out my cave*
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9126 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:38 pm »
Cooking, cleaning etc🤣

From mobile device so predictive text might have struck again [emoji83]

mnem
Where have all the real men like me gone to then, put you foot down like I do after I've done the shopping, hoovering and steaming floors  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9127 on: April 03, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »
The shopping turns up by itself, the roomba does the hoovering and the floor. We're powerless thanks to technology  :-DD

Only thing I've got left is cleaning the oven and that's broken!

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9128 on: April 03, 2018, 04:25:41 pm »
Quote from: Specmaster
Quote from: mnementh

mnem
Where have all the real men like me gone to then, put you foot down like I do after I've done the shopping, hoovering and steaming floors  :-DD
Oh, we have a fair and even distribution of work in my household... my wife does the laundry and some of the dishes; I cook and clean everything else.  :-DD

mnem
Unless her mother's coming to visit; then it's "ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!" and even the baby grrl is pushing a damp cloth...
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9129 on: April 03, 2018, 06:22:34 pm »
If my mother in law comes i grease the front steps specially  :-DD

Offline bitseekerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #9130 on: April 03, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »

To always be there to boost your confidence in your skills and share in the joy of your latest acquisition:

Me: "Check out the great deal I just scored on this since it doesn't power on!"
Her: "Are you sure you can fix it?"
Me: :palm:

:-DD
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9131 on: April 03, 2018, 06:43:32 pm »
What could be better than a kit, that will be used to make an 'analogue' volt meter (bar graph display) to peak old circuits, it will involve a bit of design (read= op amps for simpletons ie me) and a long NIXIE TUBE or two!
 The Arduino part can be easily omitted. None of this new fangled digital muck.
Thanks to Pete of PV electronics in UK. :-+ (no association other than happy customer)

I hope you'll be making a video of that, Rob. Looks like a fun thing to see in action.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9132 on: April 03, 2018, 07:14:40 pm »

To always be there to boost your confidence in your skills and share in the joy of your latest acquisition:

Me: "Check out the great deal I just scored on this since it doesn't power on!"
Her: "Are you sure you can fix it?"
Me: :palm:

:-DD

That one doesn't wash after the HP54602. Despite making up the purchase price in part sales already. The 9 previous successfully repaired scopes never factor into those discussions...

Just got outbid on a Tek 453A :(

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9133 on: April 03, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »
That one doesn't wash after the HP54602. Despite making up the purchase price in part sales already. The 9 previous successfully repaired scopes never factor into those discussions...

I suggest switching things up. Sell the misses on eBay and get yourself a harem of oscilloscopes. Less moaning, less haircuts, more TEA.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9134 on: April 03, 2018, 07:31:55 pm »
SOLD!  :-DD

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9135 on: April 03, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »

I suggest switching things up. Sell the misses on eBay and get yourself a harem of oscilloscopes. Less moaning, less haircuts, more TEA.

But... if I did that, there'd be NOTHING between me and the kids on Sunday morning!  :scared:

In Other News:

[EDIT]

Common sense (otherwise known as the part of me that likes to sleep in his nice comfy bed) dictated that as my need for their "particular set of skills" is no longer a daily thing, I should move my 2465 and its cousins to the scope cart "I've been gonna weld up" for mumbleteen years now... for now they sit forlornly in the bottom of the closet around the corner where I've stowed most of my bins...  :o

[/EDIT]

Y'all should be proud of me; I managed to survive in that delusional state for almost 24 hours. But now she's right back where she belongs; in the spotlight at the Left Hand of Darkness. Now just to plumb up all the electrons to everything...

mnem
"There, there now darlin'... I didn't mean to leave you in that cold, dark closet ALL NIGHT LONG... we're back together now and nothing will EVER tear us apart..."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:31:44 am by mnementh »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9136 on: April 03, 2018, 09:42:29 pm »
That is just too neat and tidy. You're making us look bad, mnem. ;D

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9137 on: April 03, 2018, 10:16:06 pm »
Yes it's so bad I actually tidied up my corner!

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9138 on: April 03, 2018, 11:37:16 pm »
A tidy desk and work place / bench is not healthy, it shows too much spare time on hand  :-DD

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/messy-desks-genius-sign-work-environment-creative-interesting-university-minnesota-a7834786.html
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #9139 on: April 03, 2018, 11:42:44 pm »
The Joys of singledom what's mine is mine and I gets what I want's and if I need the other it costs less $ than you married/attached lot  :-DD

Must get back to TEA in the next few days. Beans Roasted for the next week or so and some parts have arrived for the 1/2 dozen projects on the go at present  :palm:

Lol, I tried the single life for about 5 years after wife 1.0 left, wasn't my thing so I upgraded to a much newer model for wife 2.0. No complaints so far 10 years in.  :-+

Offline djos

• Supporter
« Reply #9140 on: April 03, 2018, 11:46:15 pm »

But... if I did that, there'd be NOTHING between me and the kids on Sunday morning!  :scared:

In Other News:

Y'all should be proud of me; I managed to survive in that delusional state for almost 24 hours. But now she's right back where she belongs; in the spotlight at the Left Hand of Darkness. Now just to plumb up all the electrons to everything...

mnem
"There, there now darlin'... I didn't mean to leave you in that cold, dark closet ALL NIGHT LONG... we're back together now and nothing will EVER tear us apart..."

Oh very nice!  :-+

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9141 on: April 03, 2018, 11:47:35 pm »

In Other News:

mnem
Where is all the TEA goodness then, its way to disciplined to be good, wheres the duplication of meters, function gens, counters, scopes etc etc. Far to clinical to be a true TEA member whats happened, did you bang you're head?  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #9142 on: April 03, 2018, 11:53:01 pm »
A tidy desk and work place / bench is not healthy, it shows too much spare time on hand  :-DD

I aim for somewhere slightly below Bob Pease level 6 chaos  ;D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9143 on: April 04, 2018, 12:25:37 am »

In Other News:

mnem
Where is all the TEA goodness then, its way to disciplined to be good, wheres the duplication of meters, function gens, counters, scopes etc etc. Far to clinical to be a true TEA member whats happened, did you bang you're head?  :-DD

Gewd laird, man; 'ow much more TEA kin it be?

This was in followup to my earlier post, where I dared suggest the possibility of putting my most prized boat anchor in of all places, THE CLOSET:

Common sense (otherwise known as the part of me that likes to sleep in his nice comfy bed) dictated that as my need for their "particular set of skills" is no longer a daily thing, I should move my 2465 and its cousins to the scope cart "I've been gonna weld up" for mumbleteen years now... for now they sit forlornly in the bottom of the closet around the corner where I've stowed most of my bins...  :o

Seriously...  :wtf:

It's easy to have a nice neat bench when only half your tools are out and no power to anything; it's not like I can actually WORK here yet...  :-DD

mnem
"I floop the pig!" ~ Finn - Adventure Time
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:28:33 am by mnementh »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9144 on: April 04, 2018, 02:56:49 am »

It's easy to have a nice neat bench when only half your tools are out and no power to anything; it's not like I can actually WORK here yet...  :-DD

Ah, OK. Feeling better now. ;D

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #9145 on: April 04, 2018, 03:42:50 am »
Warning to would be TEA thieves found ths little thing hiding under the rubbish bin. Not telling which bit of gear it is now in >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #9146 on: April 04, 2018, 04:44:19 am »
If my mother in law comes i grease the front steps specially  :-DD

I'm blaming you ^^^^ for the following...

True story: Many years ago a local radio station had a competition - "What 3 things would you take if you were stuck on a desert island?"  My answer: A stack of TV dinners to feed myself, some loaves of bread to feed the birds - and my mother-in-law ... to feed the fish.

I won.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9147 on: April 04, 2018, 08:09:11 am »
Warning to would be TEA thieves found ths little thing hiding under the rubbish bin. Not telling which bit of gear it is now in >:D
Haha judging by the size of the beast, once he#s in, he'd never come out alive unless you opened it up so, leave the kit unopened, if it fails, toss it, deterrent neutralised  :-DD 
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9148 on: April 04, 2018, 04:39:08 pm »
Haha judging by the size of the beast, once he#s in, he'd never come out alive unless you opened it up so, leave the kit unopened, if it fails, toss it, deterrent neutralised  :-DD
'Size does not matter' is for once not a lie when you meet this fellow. The fact that Australians take note of it should be a hint.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9149 on: April 04, 2018, 04:57:39 pm »
Added to list of reasons not to buy test gear from Oz: Hidden death spiders!

Oven finally sorted. Chucked it in the hole earlier. Didn't hire a sparky this time as they're all shit. Electricity is safer in my hands than theirs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf