Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 16481412 times)

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #91900 on: June 04, 2021, 02:48:35 am »
I'm glad everything got tooya, buddy. Enjoy. Those are the same ones I have, but I had to try & return two others before I found a make/model up here that was half-decent. I figured you could benefit from the "no headaches" of not having to suffer the "steep learning curve" of what to look for in these cheap Chinese calipers to make sure you got a good one.  :-+

Really surprised on the blue feet not fitting, tho; they are 2 pieces (they just fit each other a bit closer) printed from the same STL file as the black ones, and I test-fitted them on the same 3D printed "standoff" model (it's that little weird post-thing that was in with the feet) that I used to make sure the black ones would fit. :o   Do me a favor, if you would... put them up against one of the black ones if you would. The only thing I can think of is maybe I got one of the ones from the reject bag in with the "good" ones by accident.  :-//

Welcome to Calipers Club!!!  :-DD

mnem
*dwagon-wingnut*

Length is OK. They just need to be drilled out slightly internally to fit flush.

An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #91901 on: June 04, 2021, 02:50:07 am »
It's a miracle.  :o After a total rebuild/recap of the PSU plus removal/reinstall of the A Sweep/Trigger board with it's at least 3 dozen interconnects the Type 454 powered up with no issues.  :phew: :phew:

What miracle?   You've had enough practice!!

Very good work, but no miracle.

Now, if you get to the point where a simple laying-on of hands does the trick, we'll re-evaluate the claim.  :-DD

I may need to acquire that divine skill when I resume working on the Type 547 late next week.  :o
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Brumby, mnementh, ch_scr

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #91902 on: June 04, 2021, 03:42:35 am »
I'm glad everything got tooya, buddy. Enjoy. Those are the same ones I have, but I had to try & return two others before I found a make/model up here that was half-decent. I figured you could benefit from the "no headaches" of not having to suffer the "steep learning curve" of what to look for in these cheap Chinese calipers to make sure you got a good one.  :-+

Really surprised on the blue feet not fitting, tho; they are 2 pieces (they just fit each other a bit closer) printed from the same STL file as the black ones, and I test-fitted them on the same 3D printed "standoff" model (it's that little weird post-thing that was in with the feet) that I used to make sure the black ones would fit. :o   Do me a favor, if you would... put them up against one of the black ones if you would. The only thing I can think of is maybe I got one of the ones from the reject bag in with the "good" ones by accident.  :-//

Welcome to Calipers Club!!!  :-DD

mnem
*dwagon-wingnut*

Length is OK. They just need to be drilled out slightly internally to fit flush.

Ahhh... okay. Yeah, they did fit a bit snug on the standoff model too. I was running that filament too hot because wrong printer profile  :palm: ; it didn't want to cooperate, so some blobbing probably causing issue. There was a prominent lip on the bottom inner edge of the hole of all of them that I had to deburr in post-processing. Later prints I reset to defaults in the slicer and it printed awesome. I don't mind if you'd rather use the black ones; they turned out much nicer. :-+

Cheers,

mnem
"If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." ~ Mr. Universe
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:46:55 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #91903 on: June 04, 2021, 11:39:52 am »
Looking for a Keysight N6700 mainframe now after getting a new N6736b 100v module in its original packaging free of charge " on the house"

If you find a source and they happen to have two, let me know. Or if you could do with a few N6733B's...

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #91904 on: June 04, 2021, 11:51:25 am »
Today arrival:
- some boring RG316 cable
- some GWInstek Kelvin clips

And a nice parcel from getDigital  ^-^

Translation from the t-shirt from the right:
"It's not getting better, it's just getting more."
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline tonyalbus

• Frequent Contributor
  • To better understand, you need to open it ;-)
    • My Channel
« Reply #91905 on: June 04, 2021, 12:08:32 pm »
What was i thinking.... |O
I prob. will be sorry..  |O
i am sure i should not have done it  |O
i was so sure it was all fine before this..  |O
i will be sorry.

it arrived.. my second GPSDO  :-DD

and some other goodies just before the new import tax rule here goes actif.(22 euro limit wil go to 0)
not bad this guy(Ali store) could ship a FA-3 and WBSG-2 for 16 dollars on paper and the GPSDO for 18. :)))

Electronics enthusiast, TEA and Radio Amateur (PE1ONS)
Marconi  - TTi - Thandar - Thurmbly - HP - Fluke - Philips - Siglent - Owon - TEK - Anritsu - Keithley - AVO - BG7TBL
https://www.youtube.com/TonyAlbus

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, 1Ghz, mnementh, Specmaster, ch_scr, FransW, Kosmic, cyclin_al

Offline 25 CPS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91906 on: June 04, 2021, 03:37:49 pm »
While we're talking about voltmeters, I ordered several of these plugin wall socket units back on February 18 so I could take one apart, destructively if necessary, to make sure they're safe and then have several others left to have as an at-a-glance check of the voltage present on my workbench and one or two other strategic locations:

These should've been here by now.  Even with the Suez Canal getting blocked up.  Even on a two person rowboat with one person paddling forward and the other backward.  These should've arrived by now.  May 25 is 15 days away.  If they aren't here by then, I'll be filing a claim with eBay on May 26 and then ordering from somewhere else.  This is ridiculous.

9:00 PM local time on May 25 and nothing's shown up.  Worse, eBay's timed out on leaving negative feedback or opening up the complaint process from what I can see.  Is there any way to get that re-opened?  I'm only out $28 and change but I'm unhappy with the principle of it for one and the other is, I'd like to leave a negative feedback rating on the seller as a warning to other people not to buy from them.

This past 12 months has been a real bust with eBay for me.  The HP mugs got smashed in shipment last summer, a calendar I ordered eventually got cancelled because the seller was a business that was in a shambles and it took them a while to realize they were actually out of stock, and these plug in voltmeters vanished into the ether.  I've been on eBay since 1998 and never had a problem until the HP mugs got destroyed in transit last summer and it's been headaches since then.

I never did get to the eBay resolution centre about this, perhaps just as well since look what arrived with the flyers in today’s mail:

Talk about the literal slow boat from China.  I ordered these on February 18 and they entered shipment on the 22nd, finally arriving this morning.  The packing was minimal too so I opened up the most beat up box of the four to do a quick test on the worst case scenario right away in the kitchen after grabbing the nearest DMM which happened to be my U1272A.

Unlike the HP mugs, it survived the trip and it works and agrees with my Agilent U1272A.  I watched it for a bit and the plug-in meter seems to round down to the lowest whole volt consistently instead of rounding up when there's > 0.5 of a partial volt on the Agilent.  The plug-in meter and the Agilent typically agreed the whole time I watched them side by side with an occasional brief one volt difference when one meter would update before the other in response to line voltage fluctuations which is bouncing around a little bit right now.  I still have my windows open and I can hear air conditioners cycling at the other houses so I'm not surprised.  Hopefully this bodes well for the other three meters in the package that I haven't opened them up yet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 05:13:14 pm by 25 CPS »

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
« Reply #91907 on: June 04, 2021, 04:09:42 pm »
if one of the German colleagues in in dire need of an electronic load for reasonably low bucks, please drop me a note.

Picked up from Reichelt today,
https://www.reichelt.de/elektronische-last-150-w-0-30-a-usb-rs232-lan-kel102-p276067.html?&trstct=pos_11&nbc=1

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91908 on: June 04, 2021, 04:36:03 pm »

@25CPS: Be glad you got it at all. :o

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91909 on: June 04, 2021, 04:54:19 pm »
if one of the German colleagues in in dire need of an electronic load for reasonably low bucks, please drop me a note.

Picked up from Reichelt today,
https://www.reichelt.de/elektronische-last-150-w-0-30-a-usb-rs232-lan-kel102-p276067.html?&trstct=pos_11&nbc=1

Not in dire need and not in Germany but still interested. However, does it come with the correct line cable?  :-//

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91910 on: June 04, 2021, 05:36:09 pm »
that is the Ethernet port ...

let me check. I saw it sitting there for 130 Pesos and stuffed it into my car.
This is from their returns shelf. I could have a quick visual inspection if you want - I don't have any test leads in my appartment (they are at my work place which is 500 km away).
If you want me to do that I can oblige.
I would need to check shipping cost, but sending it to France would not be a big deal.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91911 on: June 04, 2021, 05:51:45 pm »

I know, but the label 'Line' is a bit surprising ;)

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91912 on: June 04, 2021, 05:54:23 pm »
I would need to check shipping cost, but sending it to France would not be a big deal.

Holland, if that is ok with you? Let's see if someone from Germany bites, that was your original offer and I don't want to be a a snatcher here.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91913 on: June 04, 2021, 06:07:58 pm »
My apologies. Holland it is, then
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:45:12 pm by Saskia »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91914 on: June 04, 2021, 07:25:29 pm »

This is from their returns shelf. I could have a quick visual inspection if you want - I don't have any test leads in my appartment (they are at my work place which is 500 km away).
I am deeply concerned about Saskia now. What does she mean by that? You have test leads in your pockets, in your car, and of course in every place that you even temporarely inhabit.
Or have the aliens already reprogrammed her and use her former ID only to pander cheap wares?
I think we might have to expel her if she doesn't prove to be accompanied by at least one multimeter INCLUDING TEST LEADS at any time!

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, AVGresponding

Online ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91915 on: June 04, 2021, 07:34:34 pm »

I am deeply concerned about Saskia now. What does she mean by that? You have test leads in your pockets, in your car, and of course in every place that you even temporarely inhabit.
Or have the aliens already reprogrammed her and use her former ID only to pander cheap wares?
I think we might have to expel her if she doesn't prove to be accompanied by at least one multimeter INCLUDING TEST LEADS at any time!
You mean it's like being without calipers?  >:D

The following users thanked this post: mnementh, Specmaster, Neomys Sapiens, cyclin_al, AVGresponding

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91916 on: June 04, 2021, 08:07:57 pm »

Might have a few too many by the end of tomorrow.  :-DD

David

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91917 on: June 04, 2021, 08:49:04 pm »

Random FUN bit of 3DP around the house...

Started these a few days ago, after printing med's 454 feet. Purpose is to recycle these reclaimed bed-slats into quickie-deploy goals for RC Rocket League with the boy. :-+   3DP nerd details over here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/3d-printing/3d-printer-yet/msg3582373/#msg3582373

mnem
I know... I have a strange definition of "fun". :o

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91918 on: June 04, 2021, 08:50:01 pm »
I do have a Fluke DMM and an Agilent DMM sitting here, both with the leads. Those are not appropriate for this electronic load, though, as it will not take 4mm bananas.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #91919 on: June 04, 2021, 09:06:10 pm »

My rucksack follows me everywhere and in this rucksack I'm having a little bag, containing this nice Aneng 8008. Including test leads.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91920 on: June 04, 2021, 09:06:46 pm »
...I think we might have to expel her if she doesn't prove to be accompanied by at least one multimeter INCLUDING TEST LEADS at any time!
Might have a few too many by the end of tomorrow.  :-DD   

David

I know he's speaking English... I just cannot seem to comprehend...

mnem
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 09:08:55 pm by mnementh »

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Online ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91921 on: June 04, 2021, 09:08:11 pm »
Repaired a Sony SRS-X88 today. It's a newfangled "sound box" with bluetooth and usb and (w)lan and usb and on and on. Surprisingly small, heavy, expensive and nice sounding. Picked it up on the way to my parents from ebay-kleinanzeigen for 50€. Previous owner dropped it on its back, crushing the dc-in jack. He had already taken it apart, but managed to not loose the screws  :phew: The dc-in jack's the speciality type, as pictured below. Was fully prepared to replace it with the "standard" type and to change the angled input plug as well, loosing it's angledness in the process. To my delight, after rummaging around the junk box, I found the right kind of jack on an old epson scanner pcb! Seems like it's good as new now. My parents seem to like it already  :-+

The following users thanked this post: BU508A, mnementh, cyclin_al, AVGresponding, Saskia

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91922 on: June 04, 2021, 09:27:11 pm »
Jeebus... $400 MSRP on that little brick. fukkin' thing better give you a hummer in the morning when it wakes you up... :-DD

mnem
*toddles off to do something constructive*

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91923 on: June 04, 2021, 09:31:59 pm »
nicely done. I have this Fluke 101 that is the go anywhere thingie.
But as I said, don't have any with u style screw on connectors here.

Just opened the box.
Test leads, power cord, USB and serial cables as well as documentation are all there.
Actually the device looks new with just minor blemishes to the box due to a DPD failed delivery attempt.

I have the 300W load at home, don't need the 150W load but thought I'd grab it for one of you folks.

So, any takers ?

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91924 on: June 04, 2021, 09:34:42 pm »
found a Sony TA-E 88B preamp. Will inspect tomorrow and pick it up if it is in working condition.

1 KPesos, quite a lot for a preamp built in 1979. But that was when Sony built absolutely top notch stuff, and this is one of their absolute creme de la creme.

If I spot Zucca (where is he anyway) I need to tease him a bit.

The following users thanked this post: mnementh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf