Author Topic: Best Scope Under US$1000  (Read 6879 times)

Offline mbalmer

• Contributor
Re: Best Scope Under US$1000
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2022, 08:56:22 pm »
I think it makes little sense to declare what is "best", as there is no such thing, only more or less appropriate for a given situation.
It would probably be more interesting to show the widest variety of what's available within that budget.
e.g. highest bandwidth 2-channel, most channels (analogue+digital), most protocol decoding, portable , PC-based, biggest screen etc.

That all comes out in the wash in the spreadsheet.
The BEST title gets the clicks  ;D

Well, then if the best title gets the clicks, just title it "OSCILLOSCOPE DEATHMATCH 2022" and put lots of 🔥 emojis in the title. That'll get the kids a-clickin'.

Seriously, though, I would be looking for things based on feature list. 2-channel, 4-channel, DSO, MSO, memory depth, in-built decoding, etc.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Best Scope Under US$1000
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2022, 09:43:14 pm »
Go ahead and make a $1k scope shootout video, but also fill it with demos of scopes above and below the price point so we can be educated on additional concepts/features we may not be focused on.
Some scopes have a feature on paper, but when you enable it the scope slows down drastically, for example.

To be clear, this wouldn't be a physical shootout, it would be on a spreadsheet like I did with the 1GHz scope shootout.
Duh. It should have some hands on so people can see the difference in how various oscilloscopes operate.  ;D
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf