Author Topic: help repairing Agilent 8133A  (Read 402 times)

Offline XtremexpTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
help repairing Agilent 8133A
« on: September 28, 2023, 07:23:48 pm »
Hello all,

I received Agilent 8133A that I really want to make use of it. It works some sort of but It has some issues. I hope someone in this forum has gone thorough it and help me to resolve these issues.

Issue #1:
The self test fails with error E008 Frequency counter error. I can see that the pulse output on channel 1 even though this error shows up. I observed that this error only shows in some frequency band. eg. 400MHz, 500 Mhz. in some frequency bands, this error does not shows up. even though it shows error, I can see correct frequency output in channel 1.

Issue #2
This unit has option 002 (channel 2). the OUTPUT seems dead, I can see some pulses, odd shaped waveform present but nowhere close to square pulse. but negative OUTPUT terminal seems work fine. I am loosing differential capability.

That's all issues I can see now. I am using sampling scope with SD-26 head to see these outputs. more issue may be discovered later.

Thanks all for reading this.

Xtremexp

Offline XtremexpTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: help repairing Agilent 8133A
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 04:13:52 pm »
A bit an  update on the issues,

regarding issue #2, The output pulse seems to be come to look like square after device is kept running for about 5 minute (outputs enabled) so it seems that it is related to temperature issue.
But similar to issue#1, some frequencies (400Mhz to 700MHz) seems to have alot of jitter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf