Author Topic: Tektronix TDS2002B display replacement with a TDS2012 display, it's possible?  (Read 3072 times)

Offline CharlieDTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi everyone.

I need a display replacement for my Tek TDS2002B scope and I have an offer nearby of a TDS2012 (With no B) display, its is possible to use the display of one model in the other? Is fully compatible between models of diferent revisions? If anyone has done this before please leave your toughts.

It is impossible for me to try and see if it works, and then return if not, that's why I ask here beforehand, and the price is cheap, but not that cheap.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
What's wrong with your existing display ?
Is it physically broken or just blank/black ?

Have you tried the torch trick to ascertain if only the backlight is gone ?
In the past I had a Tek that the backlight inverter stopped working due to the RC controlling the inverter switching went ouuta limits.... well the C, 220nF IIRC drifted to pF territory and the poor transistors couldn't keep up.
Cheap fix and then flicked.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline CharlieDTopic starter

• Contributor
What's wrong with your existing display ?

The display has a bad polarizer filter, and If I have the oportunity of change the display (cheeply) I'll go for it, and then with one good display I'll maybe change the polarizer and keep that display for parts or sell it.

But I don't know if the displays of diferents revisions are interchangeable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf