Author Topic: some interesting Axiomet modular probes  (Read 749 times)

Offline paulbtTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
some interesting Axiomet modular probes
« on: February 18, 2022, 04:12:49 pm »
Hi, forum colleagues!

I just want to share with you a pleasant surprise that I had after ordering some cheap modular probes that I intended to use with a pair of diy long&flexible cables with 4mm bananas at both ends.

I'm into hobby electronics since 2015, but I've never seen something similar anywhere: the tip is protected with spring-loaded transparent shrouds, the body is made of thick plastic which feels rather heavy and on the inside there is a fuse socket for 6x32mm. Please check the photos attached.

Very useful for electrical work, or if you want some bulkier probes to fit in your hands, or to use it as on-wire fuse holder, or maybe if you regularly burn your mA fuse and your dmm needs total dismantling to change it -> then place a quicker and/or lower current fuse in the probe body.

With 2A fuses installed, they add ~0.1 ohms to the total resistance of the 2x wires with 4mm bananas shorted together.

Anyways, I will use them for some electrical work around my house. They fit nice into schuko wall sockets.

This post is just info only, if you find it interesting or useful, hit the "say thanks" button on the top right corner.

Keep on  :-/O :-DMM !

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  Leonardo Da Vinci

The following users thanked this post: spostma

Offline Hydron

• Super Contributor
Re: some interesting Axiomet modular probes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 10:21:30 am »
Be careful with fused probes - never use them for safety checks; what if the fuse has blown and you measure 0V on a live circuit m

Offline modoran

• Regular Contributor
Re: some interesting Axiomet modular probes
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 04:40:28 pm »
You should never buy anything from companies which does not manufacture or design anything, just rebrand from others.  It is better to buy from honest chinese sellers than from them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf