Author Topic: Tektronix AFG1022 Arb Function Generator 25MHZ  (Read 17536 times)

Offline Alfons

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix AFG1022 Arb Function Generator 25MHZ
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 05:14:27 pm »
Look again closely: Tektronix AFG1022 and Owon 1022F. I can see there is no difference, even the menus are the same. And the Owon also has a front USB input, is not in the picture. Owon is there a little confusing with the images and data. I have the smaller 1012F here and this is down to the lower frequency identical to the AF1022F

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:19:28 pm by Alfons »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 05:23:36 pm »
 :wtf: Tektronix rebadges Owon???  |O
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »
Another sad day in the realm of test equipment...
VE7FM

Offline Alfons

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »
Outwardly the Owon is to even better processed as the Tektronix. The display of Owon is as high contrast as in the picture from Tektronix, not as sallow as in the picture of Owon. In Germany the Owon 1012F is to get for 250 €, for the money a great device. The Owon-Software for the device is not particularly productive, but still present. Drivers for LabViwe are also available.

Offline OldSchoolTechCorner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 06:45:07 pm »
Looking at the Tek it is really hard to believe they designed it. I smell Siglent or Rigol under that front cover...

It looks to be made by Owon

Online joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 02:41:59 am »
Always tek is more expensive that others, but better quality, compare oscilloscopes.

That was the case maybe 15 years ago but is no longer true. Tek was the leading manufacturer in analog oscilloscopes, but their digital scopes were mostly pretty mediocre, and these days Tek is way behind Agilent/Keysight, LeCroy or R&S in quality, support and even more so in technology. With few exceptions these days with Tek you're paying mostly for the name.

For entry level scopes go Rigol (if you can live with some of the quirks) or Agilent/Keysight or Hameg/R&S, and for mid-range or high-end scopes go for LeCroy (which is pretty much the leader in digital scopes).

For AWGs, if you want a decent entry level one go for Rigol or Siglent, and if you want something more advanced go for Agilent/Keysight (if you want highend then I'd also consider Tek).

Really?   I had to get a new one a few years ago and the Tektronix (Sony) was still the best thing I could find.   No one had anything that was even close.   I'll check into it.

Online joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »
I looked at what Keysight has now and they are just starting to get to the GS/s.   About 20X slower than the last Tektronix (Sony) I looked at last time.     When we purchased the Tektronix it had just came out.   Documentation was poor.  I actually pulled down instruments help files, put them into a PDF and sent them to Teltronix.   It was the first time Tektronix had used Ethernet in an ARB and it was very poor.  I could move data faster using GPIB than Ethernet!    TekVISA, don't get me started...  Then the trigger was pretty unstable.   They ended up providing me with details about the trigger and I was able to tame it by driving the ARB with a synchronous clock from the target device.   I think the minimum input clock was in the order of 5GHz and I ended up running it around 6.   After this, the trigger would be off by a sample or two but it was rare.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf