Author Topic: MASTECH MS8218 versions  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mskobierTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
MASTECH MS8218 versions
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:34:57 pm »
All,
     As I posted before, I purchased a MASTECH MS8218 from an -bay seller that arrived broken. I did eventually get a refund. I ended up purchasing another through Amazon for a much reduced price. Both models are marked MASTECH MS8218. During the course of events, it has come to my attention that there is at least two different versions of the MS8218. The two versions I am aware of are as follows. The one that has been reviewed here and other places has an optical port and RS232 interface to the matching computer program. The second one has a USB port and interfaces to the computer through an USB port. However, that is not where the differences end. The first one I purchased had a USB interface, used captured screws to hold the battery cover in place, and different fuses with fuse covers that isolate the fuses from the battery compartment. The original one has the little plastic keepers that hold the back cover in place, and fuses that are exposed when the battery cover is open. Other than that, they are identical. The earlier version I ordered through Amazon which is the one I currently have, has been checked out and appears to be fully functional and accurate.

I also checked the MASTECH web page. That company does not even list a MS8218 in their line up of DMM's. I do not know if it is an obsolete model or what. Just that it is not listed as one of the models they manufacture.

Mitch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf