Author Topic: Tektronix 2465B oscilloscope teardown  (Read 706904 times)

Offline JSC

Re: Tektronix 2465B oscilloscope teardown
« Reply #1875 on: July 03, 2024, 04:51:07 pm »
I like the 1502. In fact, I like it better than the "improved" 1503 with the LCD screen. The trace was sharper and quicker responding.

A coworker of mine flew RC controlled aircraft. He had a hi-tech Ni-Cad battery charger that could resurrect a bad TEK battery pak about 2/3s of the time by subjecting it repeated charge-discharge cycles. Took about a week each.

I never knew about the 1 ma drain. I always thought the main problem was the age of the batteries and the high temperature. The only places I ever used a 1502 were in Ft. Bliss, TX (gets sort of warmish), Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain (really warmish).

John

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #1876 on: July 03, 2024, 04:59:42 pm »
I like the 1502. In fact, I like it better than the "improved" 1503 with the LCD screen. The trace was sharper and quicker responding.

A coworker of mine flew RC controlled aircraft. He had a hi-tech Ni-Cad battery charger that could resurrect a bad TEK battery pak about 2/3s of the time by subjecting it repeated charge-discharge cycles. Took about a week each.

I never knew about the 1 ma drain. I always thought the main problem was the age of the batteries and the high temperature. The only places I ever used a 1502 were in Ft. Bliss, TX (gets sort of warmish), Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain (really warmish).

The manuals state "recharge every month", but don't explain why that is necessary :(

The chart recorder is permanently connected to the battery, and is responsible for a lot of the current drain. I can't remember what happens with the XY-output option or an empty slot, but the battery is not disconnected and there is still some drain.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline JSC

« Reply #1877 on: July 04, 2024, 01:18:38 pm »
Everyone always says, "RTFM.", but alas, hardly anybody does.

John

Offline AMR Labs

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1878 on: July 04, 2024, 01:46:41 pm »

The manuals state "recharge every month", but don't explain why that is necessary :(

The chart recorder is permanently connected to the battery, and is responsible for a lot of the current drain. I can't remember what happens with the XY-output option or an empty slot, but the battery is not disconnected and there is still some drain.

Guys, just a friendly suggestion for the benefit of everyone on this long and distinguished thread about Tek 2465 scopes, and try not to wander off too far to other unrelated things like the 1502 scope or RC controlled aircraft, etc. Suggest it would be best to open a separate new thread and move the discussion there of those other topics. Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: cheeseit

Offline JSC

« Reply #1879 on: July 06, 2024, 04:09:38 am »
Sorry. I have been a moderator. I should have known better.  :-[

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1880 on: July 06, 2024, 05:40:57 am »
Please start a NEW thread eg "Tektronix 1502/1503 TDR".

j
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf