Author Topic: Obsolete Yokogawa Parts  (Read 1626 times)

Offline FludoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
Obsolete Yokogawa Parts
« on: March 02, 2018, 11:38:04 am »
I have a Yokogawa DL7200 model 701440 that's missing all the knobs on the front panel.  Does anyone know of any sources which would have them?

From the service manual:
B9969DG    QTY 1
B9969DH    QTY 2
B9969DJ     QTY 3

The first 2 are a 2 piece design that nest and counter rotate, it would not be easy to replicate but possible to 3D print.  The last one is a simple pot knob.

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
Re: Obsolete Yokogawa Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:36:00 pm »
Did you try contacting Yokogawa directly? I found them very pleasant and helpful to deal with, so who knows... maybe you get lucky.

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:55:13 pm »
I got in contact with the national sales person and they don't sell parts for discontinued scopes.  They offered a 20% discount on a new DLM model scope with a trade in.  I want to spend a few bucks on some knobs, not a few thousand on a new scope!

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:31:27 am »
Same experience here. They are not really geared towards supporting older products.

They do sell service manuals however (75€ ex VAT!), but it is only a 15 page document (in my case) with no use-full information at all (they did warn me in advance it contained no schematics, but that the trouble shooting guide was only 1 page and that even the testpoints were not described came as quite a surprise to my, especially considering the price paid for the manual)

They do have nice products, it just a shame they do not try to give better support for older products.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 10:38:23 am »
Very few manufacturers do support their older products, they want to sell new ones. I think that they ought to be made to offer support for at least 10 years after the become obsolete in the same fashion car makers have to.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 11:21:21 am »
Very few manufacturers do support their older products, they want to sell new ones. I think that they ought to be made to offer support for at least 10 years after the become obsolete in the same fashion car makers have to.

Yes, I find that quite unfortunate, because some of this older gear is still quite fantastic, but without support from the supplier, quite difficult to maintain.

And the new equivalents are quite often out of reach, even for a small company who only needs some kinds of gear only occasionally. The only viable alternative is renting, but this becomes quite expensive also and still feels like a bit of a waste...

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 11:55:39 am »
I was able to find the service manual online. it gives a high level description of the boards inside and an exploded view of the scope.  Not enough to do major repairs.

We have piles of yoko scopes at work and I'm  familiar with the UI, which is why I purchased the 7200. Our DL850 was over $100k, the WT1800 and DLM4038 were over $30k each. Definitely not meant for low budget operations...

• Regular Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 04:31:28 pm »
Resolved this issue: The new DLM and DL scopes use a different color knob with different part number, but the same mounting arrangement.
Yokogawa has in stock and is shipping.

Small knobs - B8059EK
Jog Shuttle - B8059EM, B8059EL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf