Author Topic: Rigol MSO5000 AWG question  (Read 647 times)

Offline jeffjmrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol MSO5000 AWG question
« on: November 17, 2022, 12:12:30 am »
I find the documentation on the AWG a bit lacking.

Perhaps someone more familiar can tell me if it can do this;

For aligning an old FM radio, the specified signal is 10.7Mhz FM, modulated with a 60hz sine wave, and 450khz sweep. Modulating the signal is no problem but I can’t figure out how to add the sweep into the mix. I know there is a sweep function available but it doesn’t appear to be available simultaneously with modulation.

Edit: It might be better to share the instructions because the nomenclature does not translate well to the Rigol AWG menus.

“Use frequency modulated signal with 60 (then there is a sinewave symbol) modulation and 450 khz sweep.” Then under Signal Generator Frequency it says “10.7Mhz (unmod.)”  ?????

The instructions don’t make sense to me as they call for modulation and unmod. in the same context. Either way, I don’t see a sweep setting available unless the Rigol “Deviation” is equivalent, but still no joy as 1khz is the max.

Can someone educate me?

Thanks,
Jeff
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:44:17 am by jeffjmr »

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Rigol MSO5000 AWG question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 02:04:40 am »
https://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/attachment/1579/f-0905/0/-/-/-/-/MSO5_users_guide.pdf

Sweep
The built-in Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator of MSO5000 series oscilloscope supports the sweep function. In the sweep mode, the Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator outputs from the start frequency to the end frequency at a specified sweep time.
MSO5000 series supports 3 sweep modes: Linear, Log, and Step. You are allowed to set the parameters such as Start Keep, End Keep, and Return Time. Internal and Manual trigger sources are supported. The sweep output is available for Sine, Square, Ramp, and Arb (DC excluded) waveforms.
Press Settings  Type, and rotate the multifunction knob to select "Sweep", and then press down the knob to select

No the manual is not that clear. But if it greys out when you turn on modulation then its not going to be possible.
If its greyed out prior to that, could be some other setting you have.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf