Author Topic: Tek TAS 465: How to fine-tune Volts/Div  (Read 68 times)

Offline allenwpTopic starter

• Contributor
Tek TAS 465: How to fine-tune Volts/Div
« on: Yesterday at 06:57:31 pm »
Hi there,

I have a Tektronix TAS 465. I can easily adjust the Volts/Div at a coarse scale, such as 1 V, 500 mV, 200 mV, 100 mV, 50 mV, etc. How do I have more fine control of the Volts/Div? I noticed there is a "VAR On/Off" setting in the Vertical Menu, but turning that on doesn't change the behaviour of the Volts/Div dial.

I've tried searching through the manual that I've linked, but I can't seem to find instruction on how to set the Volts/Div to something like 735 mV, for example.

Is anyone here familiar with this line of oscilloscopes or is able to find instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Tek TAS 465: How to fine-tune Volts/Div
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:42:01 pm »
Hi there,

I have a Tektronix TAS 465. I can easily adjust the Volts/Div at a coarse scale, such as 1 V, 500 mV, 200 mV, 100 mV, 50 mV, etc. How do I have more fine control of the Volts/Div? I noticed there is a "VAR On/Off" setting in the Vertical Menu, but turning that on doesn't change the behaviour of the Volts/Div dial.
It won't.
The fine Var will however change the amplitude of the waveform.

A DSO OTOH will display the V/div when in Fine mode and measurement cursors can provide accurate values....within the limits of what a scope can resolve.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf