Author Topic: Battery compartment door for Fluke 51 II thermometer.  (Read 368 times)

Online BeBuLamarTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Battery compartment door for Fluke 51 II thermometer.
« on: June 17, 2023, 12:56:53 pm »
I have this Fluke 51 ii thermometer since new for about 10 years now. I only changed the battery a couple of times (I rarely used it) but the last time I changed the battery the screw that hold the battery door broke thru made a hole larger than the screw head so it won't hold the door in any more.
I wonder where I can get a replacement door and how much it would cost. I don't feel like paying a lot for it.

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Battery compartment door for Fluke 51 II thermometer.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 01:05:29 pm »
Fluke supply spare parts for their equipment. As to cost … no idea, you would have to ask them. I would expect such a part to cost around $10 + taxes and shipping.

If you do not want to spend money on the unit, why not find a longer screw and washer to secure the battery cover or find a screw with a larger diameter head ? If you use a large diameter countersunk head, the screw will not protrude too much from the rear. Does the yellow boot not hold the battery compartment cover in place ?

If all else fails….. insulation tape !
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 01:26:21 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Online BeBuLamarTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Battery compartment door for Fluke 51 II thermometer.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 09:43:47 am »
Yes I will call them tomorrow but I am afraid the cost is more like $50 (I can buy a used working meter for like $150). Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf