Author Topic: Downloading data from cheap test gear ('scopes etc.)  (Read 228 times)

Offline MarkMLlTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Downloading data from cheap test gear ('scopes etc.)
« on: October 19, 2024, 01:17:54 pm »
I'm in the middle of tinkering with some software I wrote a couple of years ago which collects the memory from a very cheap DSO-112A 'scope, with a view to sticking it on Github. In principle it can load drivers for other devices.

Can anybody suggest additional *cheap* 'scope-type devices that could be used for testing? I'd rather not go up to Rigol etc. prices since I already have an adequate (albeit elderly) bench scope.

Dave, if you read this: I've just been watching your review of the FNIRSI DSO-TC2 and might I suggest that as routine it would be worth plugging that sort of thing into a (Linux) computer and noting whether it reports having any form of data interface in addition to using USB to charge its battery.

If something reports having e.g. an FTDI (knockoff) chip then there's a reasonable chance that even if it doesn't have a download protocol that the firmware could be reverse engineered to add something.

MarkMLl

Offline Bryn

• Regular Contributor
    • mindsConnected
Re: Downloading data from cheap test gear ('scopes etc.)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2024, 04:01:13 pm »
Depending on how cheap you want to aim for, consider the following...
  • FNIRSI 1014D (£60-£80)
  • Hantek 6022BE (£50-£70)
  • DSO Nano v3 (£40-£60)
Take your pick :)
mindsConnected
Alternate tech forum for all... we welcome engineers also!
Interesting long read: Create your own personal analog TV station

The following users thanked this post: MarkMLl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf