Author Topic: Siglent SDS2104X Plus (100MHz) vs Keysight DSOX1204G 70MHz vs Rigol MSO5074  (Read 11821 times)

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Hm, you might be right as I don´t know, if there is one ADC per channel avaible on the two channel model.
When they use only one ADC for both channel, then 500Mhz won´t be possible.

I think it's exactly the same as 4-ch but with half components. :)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Then it would got only one ADC for both channels and you know that 500Mhz wasn´t possible.  :)

( On the 4ch model with 500Mhz upgrade, the bandwith are max 350Mhz when 1+2 or 3 +4 are active. When 1+3, 2+4, 1+4, 2+3 are active, 500Mhz are avaible.)
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Then it would got only one ADC for both channels and you know that 500Mhz wasn´t possible.  :)

( On the 4ch model with 500Mhz upgrade, the bandwith are max 350Mhz when 1+2 or 3 +4 are active. When 1+3, 2+4, 1+4, 2+3 are active, 500Mhz are avaible.)
On a 4 ch you get 500 only with half channels. So with 2ch scope you can get 500 MHz with only one ch...

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Shoot.... ;D  :)
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
I like the 10 bit "Hi Rez" feature, also the larger screens of this series.
Yes they are joy to use I can say. I supplement usage with a mouse and it further speeds operation to the physical UI and touch display.
FYI the 10 bit mode is limited to 100 MHz BW however you can apply ERES to 10 Bit mode too.

Of course 4 channels is better than 2, but costs more!! I'm also interested in an the AWG and PS, although these are not as important as the scope. I have a couple repaired Tektronix 2465s, and an older LeCroy "digital" scope, but wanted something I could do some serious signal analysis with including FFTs. The idea of being able to "capture" a complex waveform and then pass in on to the AWG for reproduction is interesting, as well as the Bode plots.
In this class of instrument the requirement for 4 channels is more the norm from buyers to ensure they have coverage for decodes that require 3 or more channels and although I get where you're coming from but take a moment to consider the increased resale value of a 4ch model should you ever need to upgrade.

There are so many options, mostly all good from various sources, it's hard to make a choice.
Must be fun for a younger engineer with all these options available.

Quite so and we live in exciting times for all the well priced and very capable instruments.
I'm in early 60's and it's very fascinating the recent advances, not just in scopes but truly affordable spectrum analyzers too.
In my days when employed it was simply Tek scopes, Fluke or HP meters and everything else HP. Now on a home brew budget, this isn't reasonable unless you get older "surplus" equipment and repair like we've done. Still think the old Tektronix 2465 types scopes are the best analog scopes ever, and the old HP 34401A and it's modern version the Keysight 34465A are the best bench DVMs available, but with the lower end digital scopes there are so many options. Same goes for the AWG and PS options.
Yes when younger that was all that was available and their historical build quality is still with us now although caps have aged and replacements are often required as no doubt you well know.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and info.
No worries, can chat about TE all day with anyone that cares to listen !  :blah:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf