Author Topic: Decent benchtop multimeter for beginner?  (Read 570 times)

nctnico, __steven, Wallace Gasiewicz, themadhippy, egonotto, live2fish88, IanJ and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Decent benchtop multimeter for beginner?
« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:07:14 pm »
Op said he prefers a handheld meter but wants a bench meter for more accuracy.
Where does the OP write that? I can't find it...  8)
To me the opening post reads more like the OP is looking for a stationary DMM and is fed up by using handhelds.  ;)
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online live2fish88Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: Today at 07:10:10 pm »
I currently have a fluke 179, TPI 194 II, Fluke 374, a Klein and a kaiweets. The latter are just throw in the car or in the toolbox for a throw around meter. I’d like a dedicated bench top meter for the larger display, somewhat permanent location and the ability for it not to fall down lol. It seems the stands on handhelds are never wide enough to provide good stability, one wrong move with the leads and they fall down. Sometimes it’s hard to see the display without a backlight… the list goes on.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:16:06 pm »
I currently have a fluke 179, TPI 194 II, Fluke 374, a Klein and a kaiweets. The latter are just throw in the car or in the toolbox for a throw around meter. I’d like a dedicated bench top meter for the larger display, somewhat permanent location and the ability for it not to fall down lol. It seems the stands on handhelds are never wide enough to provide good stability, one wrong move with the leads and they fall down. Sometimes it’s hard to see the display without a backlight… the list goes on.
I totally get that. Those reasons are why I switched to bench DMMs about 2 decades ago. To many bench DMMs are all about precission though; don't let yourself get distracted by that.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Today at 07:36:01 pm »
Op said he prefers a handheld meter but wants a bench meter for more accuracy.
Where does the OP write that? I can't find it...  8)
To me the opening post reads more like the OP is looking for a stationary DMM and is fed up by using handhelds.  ;)
I thought it was OP who said that but it was another user in reply #8.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf