Author Topic: Sorrow and grief for all devices that you almost had but lost to someboy else...  (Read 1807 times)

Offline DC1MCTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Today I've lost a splendid USB logic analyzer Intronix LogicPort LA1034 on fleabay, I wanted to use it to decode the communication protocol of the FY6600 signal generator, between the front panel and the signal board.  |O  |O  |O
Until I find something similar for ca 150EUR the project will be delayed weeks, maybe months, because I will lose the end of year vacation and  then the dayjob will start full speed, now I have to find something else to do  in vacation :(.
Learn from my sad story and put few more shekels in Gixen if you want to buy a something that you actually want to use soon, or it's very seldom.

Share what have you lost recently.

Offline DC1MCTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hi Ken, yeah, is the only one left on the whole fleabay, but sadly it will not do, not even close.
Why so ?
- It cost more than a new one due to forced friggin VAT and customs.
- It's in US, minimum 3 weeks in this season, most likely one month to arrive, and in February the year will be in full speed with lots of stress and shit.

The lost one was like 50% of the price and in Germany, Friday latest Monday I could have had it here and start working, the FY6600 it's finally on its way.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTRONIX-Logicport-34-Channel-Logic-Analyzer/192400370628

Ken

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
The problem with beating yourself up over loosing an eBay bidding session, and I have lost my share, is that you never know how high the eventual buyer was willing to go. It seems like a few bucks at the time, but they might have been ready to bid a bundle. All you can do is set yourself a reasonable limit, stick to it, and put it out of your mind if you don't get it. But talk is cheap when it's someone else I am advising, I feel your pain and frustration my friend.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
The problem with beating yourself up over loosing an eBay bidding session, and I have lost my share, is that you never know how high the eventual buyer was willing to go. It seems like a few bucks at the time, but they might have been ready to bid a bundle. All you can do is set yourself a reasonable limit, stick to it, and put it out of your mind if you don't get it. But talk is cheap when it's someone else I am advising, I feel your pain and frustration my friend.
Most things I can let go fairly easily, but if it's that one piece of equipment I turn out needing a lot later, it can really haunt my thoughts.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
The problem with beating yourself up over loosing an eBay bidding session, and I have lost my share, is that you never know how high the eventual buyer was willing to go. It seems like a few bucks at the time, but they might have been ready to bid a bundle. All you can do is set yourself a reasonable limit, stick to it, and put it out of your mind if you don't get it.
Very true but every now and then I think I should have set a higher limit -in hindsight-. But that is still no guarantee you would have 'won' the item because some bidders really want an item and bid an insanely high amount. Yes, sometimes that bidder has been me  8)
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
The problem with beating yourself up over loosing an eBay bidding session, and I have lost my share, is that you never know how high the eventual buyer was willing to go. It seems like a few bucks at the time, but they might have been ready to bid a bundle. All you can do is set yourself a reasonable limit, stick to it, and put it out of your mind if you don't get it.
Very true but every now and then I think I should have set a higher limit -in hindsight-. But that is still no guarantee you would have 'won' the item because some bidders really want an item and bid an insanely high amount. Yes, sometimes that bidder has been me  8)

So you're the guy that keeps getting my stuff!!  >:(.          ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf