Author Topic: Solartron 7170 refuses to enter cal mode  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Simon SpiersTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • My Youtube channel
Solartron 7170 refuses to enter cal mode
« on: December 18, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »
I am trying to calibrate me Solartron 7150 (non plus ) using a clone of the  HP82357b GPIB to USB interface and Keysight  interactive IO.

I have followed the instructions as the manual, plug in GPIB, power unit , insert shorting plug send command C1. This SHOULD set the unit into CAL mode (the cal annunciation should stop flashing and the display should show cal. But it doesn't! The only thing that does happen is it displays ERR 01, which is command was not recognised.
Has anyone come across this before? Maybe it's an incompatibility between the later interface and the legacy ieee on the Solartron?

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Re: Solartron 7170 refuses to enter cal mode
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »
Hello, your problem has most likely to do with the line terminator character used in your GPIB access software, Joerg Hau has an EXCELLENT program here for Linux access of these meters, if you'll read the nice and simple source code he discuss about it:

https://www.schweizerschrauber.ch/sci/elec.html#s7150

As a solution try different line terminators and/or different "Ux" commands. This is of course assuming that your GPIB interface and cable works OK.

Good luck and cheers,
 DC1MC

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf