Author Topic: Custom Firmware for RuiDeng Riden Power Supply WIFI Modules  (Read 980 times)

Offline LucaDevTopic starter

Custom Firmware for RuiDeng Riden Power Supply WIFI Modules
« on: November 18, 2022, 08:28:59 am »
Inspired by UniSofts custom firmware for the Riden RD60xx Power Supplies I wanted to have a look at the WIFI Module. To be honest: I hate the OEM software - it feels outdated and thrown together. Besides that I hate having to specify the IP of the computer/phone which will control the power supply upfront in a IMHO very over-complicated and buggy way.

Instead I first created a fully featured esphome.io configuration for the ESP8266 that powers the WIFI module. Using ESPHomes included webserver component I am able to control the power supply from any device (yay) with a very rugh webinterface (nay). I also added some additional features like automatic network time syncronization on bootup (Who has those CR1220 for the RTC anyway?!).

I'm currently working on a custom webinterface which will run as a esphome component and replace the default webserver with a fully featured and responsive web interface.

I have a couple of questions for those interested:
1) Are you interested in me sharing the esphome configuration without the custom webinterface and a "how-to flash the WIFI module" upfront? (It's easy. You need a USB to serial converter and a paper clip)
  1.1) Anybody interested in a DIY Wifi Module tutorial?
2) If you're interested in using the webinterface I'm currently working on: What features are a must have? What does the perfect webinterface look like for you? Im neither a web developer / designer nor a professional electricial engineer by any means so design ideas would be great!

It's my first post on here - I'm sorry if this is the wrong catergory for my post. @Mods: Feel free to move it in that case.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 09:15:26 am by LucaDev »

The following users thanked this post: Eltax1693, ranseyer

Offline ranseyer

Re: Custom Firmware for RuiDeng Riden Power Supply WIFI Modules
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 07:40:47 am »
Very cool idea. Did you had an progress, or is there a git/webpage for this ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf