Author Topic: Recording start of RF waveform  (Read 743 times)

Offline GsewellTopic starter

Recording start of RF waveform
« on: June 30, 2019, 03:04:49 pm »
I have the Siglent SDS 1202x-e scope and want to be able to capture the leading edge of my ham radio CW signal to took for over shoot at the beginning of the signal. I have read the manual and searched for videos with no success. Does anyone have a video or procedure to do this? I have it connected now and can see the waveform, but I need to record it on the scope and play it back.

Thanks
Gary

Offline apblog

• Regular Contributor
Re: Recording start of RF waveform
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:10:57 pm »
I don't have your scope, but the procedure is pretty much the same for any of them.  I do this same measurement with my ancient Rigol DS1202CA.

Key up a CW waveform with your scope on auto trigger and adjust your vertical volts/div so the trace fills about 1/2 of the screen.

Change the trigger to normal and set the trigger level a little above the top of the steady state waveform.

Set the scope to single shot and key up.  You'll get one sweep that shows the beginning of your transmission.  If you don't get anything, lower the trigger level until you do.

Play with the horizontal time/div as required.

I don't know what you mean by "record it and play it back".  Just screenshot it once you have the single capture.

And of course make sure to use an appropriate RF attenuator or RF tap so you don't blow up your scope.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:16:33 pm by apblog »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf