Author Topic: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series  (Read 250884 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series
« Reply #750 on: September 10, 2015, 12:48:59 am »
Something I came across the other day when visiting a client:

Free option trial times.

It has been the general understanding that option trials are available free for 30 power cycles from new.
This is not quite correct.

Trial times are based on the times you activate/select an option for use NOT SDS2000 mains power cycles.

This clients SDS2204 had ~250 power cycles from Dec 14 and still had all 30 option trial cycles for each option intact.

Confirmation from other users would be appreciated.
Option trial times remaining can be found in: Utility/P3/Options/Information
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #751 on: September 10, 2015, 03:36:46 am »
Option trials seem to be based on the number of times the option is used and not the number of power cycles. That may ofcourse change in future firmware releases  >:D
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Siglent

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #752 on: September 15, 2015, 05:58:03 am »
We provide the beta firmware here.http://www.siglentamerica.com/Other/SDS2000 V100R02B01D01P19.rar
SDS2000 2.0 firmware (V100R02B01D01Pxx) is an update release series derived from 1.0 firmware
(V100R01B01D01Pxx). Based on 1.0 firmware, the 2.0 release added some important features, and
fixed some bugs. Refer to the table below for detailed information:
SPO1.0 -> SPO2.0. The main improvements are:
Increased the maximum Waveform Update Rate from 110,000
wfm/s to 140,000 wfm/s
 Increased the maximum Waveform length from 28Mpts to
70Mpts (with an option key)
 Optimized the effect of waveform display at big time base
 Accelerated the Single/Stop/Sequence/History processing by
hardware
 Optimized Date Preview to improve customer experience when
changing the horizontal and vertical settings
 Eliminated the obvious displayed trigger jitter at some time base
Added Eres Mode under “Acquisition” and remove high resolution
mode
 Optimized measurement algorithm on some vertical parameters
 Added gating measurement
 Added some parameters, such as stdev, delay
Cursors- Optimized the operating experience
 Digital Channels -Optimized operating experience
Defects & Bugs-Fixed the defects/bugs which exist in firmware 1.0:
Known Issues
MSO MSO will not be fully supported until Oct. 2015.
Decoder CAN, LIN will not be supported in decoder until Oct. 2015
Power Analysis Power Analysis option is not fully verified. To be released in Dec. 2015[/u]
We hope more eevblogers test the firmware for us.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us support@siglent.com
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:06:12 am by Siglent »
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #753 on: September 15, 2015, 06:31:28 am »

If you want I can send you a pm with my address where you can send the scope to for testing.

Or did you mean "we hope more eevbloggers are going to buy our untested oscilloscopes"?

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #754 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:52 am »
When I enter "update FW" menu I only get submenus "NEW" and "DELETE"....there is no "LOAD" button :( :(

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #755 on: September 15, 2015, 07:00:06 am »
You probably need to press 'new'. But read the manual because updating firmware on Siglent gear isn't always straightforward. My SDS2204 is gone so don't expect any testing from me.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #756 on: September 15, 2015, 07:02:43 am »
I had to press "default" button....and after that it loads FW...we see what will happen  :-[

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #757 on: September 15, 2015, 07:09:25 am »
SDS woke up... :D
blue menu buttons  :(
I will play a bit today with SDS
K

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #758 on: September 15, 2015, 07:27:03 am »
1.  Timebases under 20mS automatically enter roll mode.
when you try change hor menu from "roll" to "yt" (with button---not with scroling wheel) you have to pass through "XY" mode...this shows immediately CH2 trace and you have to disable it if you want only CH1.
2. fixed bug when trace is grounded(dissapears before)  :-+
3. when changing timebase or ampl. shows "xx/div" big numbers on the screen(see picture)  :-+
4. nice new  "MEASURE" screen(see picture)  :-+
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:58:26 am by 9a4wy »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #759 on: September 15, 2015, 08:13:37 am »
Wid? Dut?

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #760 on: September 15, 2015, 08:31:01 am »
WID....DUT

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #761 on: September 15, 2015, 08:58:09 am »
Ofcourse I know what they mean. I'm just referring to the poor knowledge of English of the developers  :palm:
@Tautech: take a note and instruct Jade to flog the programmers right now and again if they are too lazy to use a dictionary or use Google in the future  >:D

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #762 on: September 15, 2015, 09:19:43 am »
Ofcourse I know what they mean. I'm just referring to the poor knowledge of English of the developers  :palm:
@Tautech: take a note and instruct Jade to flog the programmers right now and again if they are too lazy to use a dictionary or use Google in the future  >:D
Haha it's called Beta for good reason. ;)

Feedback from Beta testers no doubt will be appreciated.  :-/O
 :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

Offline 9a4wy

• Contributor
« Reply #763 on: September 15, 2015, 10:25:43 am »
;D

Date is not shown on the screen anymore....neither in the saved BMP... :(..strange

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #764 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:19 am »
Haha it's called Beta for good reason. ;)

Feedback from Beta testers no doubt will be appreciated.  :-/O
 :popcorn:

Yes, lets hope all who  do beta version tests do some kind of documents about detected problems and send these to Siglent.  Limited time and example I have very limited time slices for this. But, many peoples, lets hope sum is enough so that they can repair most bad things in Rev 2.0 first official version.

But also very nice things.

Example normal waveform History (it store allways (YT) captured waveforms history what can read after stop scope, up to 80000 waveforms depending memory etc settings) It works always backround with current wfm/s update speed like FIFO. Of course every waveform have time stamp.

Now measured maximum average wfm/s speed is 140 000 wfm/s  also fastest is not anymore 50ns/div. Fastest is now 5ns/div.

Separate "sequence" mode. (segmented memory acguire)
It displays also waveform on the display but this update rate is more low than normal wfm/s speed. (I have not check if it do display update once/full segment buffer. This "Super speed" segmented acquire.
Also in this mode it run continuously and fill segments like FIFO)

Measured maximum speed. 500 000 segment/s! (waveform/s)

(80 MHz signal, Ch1 and 2 on (of course it also store both simultaneously, Trigger DC, Edge, rising) and measured 1000 segment total time. (2000us) . This segmented memory can read using same history function.  (naturally of course when segmented memory mode is on, normal history is not available)  In stop mode segments can zoom using time/div and there can use cursors and mesurements and also gated measurements. There can turn vectors on and off, also sinx/x can on/off.  Every segment (waveform) have of course individual real time clock stamp wih 1us resolution. (yes only 1us resolution)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:37:33 am by rf-loop »
BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #766 on: September 15, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »
Image is self explanating.
But, need note, this is beta test version!
Test signal 10MHz, 1Vpp Sine.

BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Offline ElektronikLabor

• Regular Contributor
    • YouTube: ElektronikLabor
« Reply #767 on: September 16, 2015, 06:27:07 am »
Optimized the effect of waveform display at big time base
That sounds interesting  :-+
What does it exactly mean? Has anybody made an before/after schreenshot?

Offline Siglent

• Regular Contributor
  • SIGLENT
    • SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES
« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2015, 06:33:10 am »
We provide the beta firmware here.Known Issues[/b]
MSO MSO will not be fully supported until Oct. 2015.
Decoder CAN, LIN will not be supported in decoder until Oct. 2015
Power Analysis Power Analysis option is not fully verified. To be released in Dec. 2015[/u]
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us [email]support@siglent.com[/email]
Well, SDS2000 was released in November 2013, so I would not expect these malfunctions today.  :(

This should have happened in January 2014, maybe.

SDS2000 2.0 firmware (V100R02B01D01Pxx) is a completely new software architecture update from 1.0 firmware
(V100R01B01D01Pxx). So we need to redo the MSO, Decode and power analysis.
The Best Value in Electronic Test & Measurement

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #769 on: September 16, 2015, 01:51:01 pm »
New waveform update speed table.
SDS2k Rev2.0 betatest FW

Note about wfm/s speed when horizontal speed is more and more low least under 100ns/div speeds.
New generation SPO engine keep all raw real ADC sample points and all is mapped for display. Nothing is flushed out for better speed. If user stop scope and pan-zoom in, there is available every single raw points what ever amount of memory is mapped to display width. There can switch vectors on/off and Sinx/x on/off and always there is real ADC samples untouched.
Also it can easy see that Siglent Sinx/x do not destroy real sample points, all curves go thru real points. (it is not like riglol)
Due to high amount of data hadling wafm/s speed drops but priority is set for "do not destroy or drop out real raw sampled data". (also same if look how real Sinx/x work)

This same is also for all time backround working history FIFO. You can always after stopping scope, look previous up to 80000 captured single wavefrorms. (If acquire lenght is 28Mpoints there is only one waveform in history memory, in this case last 2 waveforms are available).

Segmented memory acquire mode  is separate function, and it can capture up to ~500000 waveforms/s speed but in this mode displayed waveforms/s update speed is much lover, but still user can watch when scope is running this mode. When stop, then these every waveform can search manually or play with selectable speed. It is sad there is not "stack" function for overlay all captures - least in beta FW there is not. Segmented mode speed tests are not yet all ready.

Here wfm/s update rate table for CH1 alone and for CH1+CH2.
Time base range 1ns/div to 10ms/div.  Also with all possible memory settings.

1-100ns/div signal 10M sine, 1Vpp, other speeds, depending speed range, 100, 10 or 1kHz

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:05:09 pm by rf-loop »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #770 on: September 17, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »
There was old talk about intensity grading with low wfm/s speeds.
New have lot of improvements.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent's-new-product-msosds2000-series/msg355909/#msg355909

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent's-new-product-msosds2000-series/msg355953/#msg355953

Related to these @marmad and @tautech  posts with images.
Here new images with FW2.0 betatest

Carrier 50kHz. Modulating signal 100Hz
Scope: 1ms/div, 28M, 2GSa/s, Vectors on
a and b  CH1 alone and trigger from CH1 AM shape.
c CH1 and CH4 on, both 2GSa/s, 28M, Vectors on.
Trigger from channel CH4 where is generator sync pulse.
Also image show bug: randomly some times it save wrong trace color. (right is green)

It can see that with intensity grading there is big advantage after Rev 1.0 FW's
(ADC sample points mapping for display is different. As see aalso in previous wfm/s table it is very different as before and change also explain well this mystery why old FW was so fast with higher memory level with low speed timebases. (explanation is simple but not now in this message))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:50:09 pm by rf-loop »

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #771 on: September 17, 2015, 05:09:23 pm »
It can see that with intensity grading there is big advantage after Rev 1.0 FW's
(ADC sample points mapping for display is different. As see aalso in previous wfm/s table it is very different as before and change also explain well this mystery why old FW was so fast with higher memory level with low speed timebases. (explanation is simple but not now in this message))

It's nice to see they've fixed this - but it was no "mystery" why the old FW was fast with slow timebases; it was well-documented.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #772 on: September 17, 2015, 05:52:17 pm »

It's nice to see they've fixed this - but it was no "mystery" why the old FW was fast with slow timebases; it was well-documented.

Why? Do you know? If so. it is nice if you can explain it why. (yes I know but my english is bat)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:07:05 pm by rf-loop »

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #773 on: September 17, 2015, 06:18:40 pm »
Why? Do you know? If so. it is nice if you can explain it why. (yes I know but my english is bat)

Well, I don't know everything they were doing in the old FW, but I certainly know they were doing intensity-grading post-decimation - which would affect the speed of any DSO with a large memory setting and slow timebase.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:26:53 pm by marmad »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #774 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:43 pm »

Well, I don't know everything they were doing in the old FW, but I certainly know they were doing intensity-grading post-decimation - which would affect the speed of any DSO with a large memory setting and slow timebase.

Yes somehow this if I understand right what you mean by post-decimation (oh wat word, my translator can not this)

Previously they flush out (drop out) samples and only  part of data was mapped for run time diplay. Priority have there been wfm/s speed. 

New FW 2.0  keep and map every sigle true raw ADC samples (for display). New SPO engine do not drop out data for speed waveform update speed.  Wfm/s reduced speed is also clearly visible in new wfm/s table where many of t/div speeds have much lower wfm/s speed than FW1.0 versions.  But lso then fast t/div speeds wfm/s speed have big improvement, including also max speed what exist now with 5ns/div speed. Also fastest is now one channel in use and more channels, more slow. (naturally)
Also now scope stopped keep display, even if zoom in/out using time/div. And, it do not destroy true raw sample points, including sinx/x (In Siglent waveform draw goes all the way through the real points)

My opinion is that this solution now is much better, even when it leads to reduced wfm/s speed with lower timebases.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:30:22 am by rf-loop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf