Author Topic: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series  (Read 252202 times)

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2014, 05:25:50 pm »
I assume the 2 GSa/s sampling spec is for a single active channel, and with 2 channels enabled, it drops back to 1 GSa/s?

But what's the sampling rate with all 4 channels active?  I think I missed that, and it's not on the Spec sheet.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »
I assume the 2 GSa/s sampling spec is for a single active channel, and with 2 channels enabled, it drops back to 1 GSa/s?

But what's the sampling rate with all 4 channels active?  I think I missed that, and it's not on the Spec sheet.
1GS/s probably for this caliber of scope. It probably uses 2 ADCs like the Agilents.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

Reported earlier in the thread: 1 ADC per two channels.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2014, 06:00:14 pm »

2 channel models:

1 channel in use, max 2GSa/s
2 channel in use, both max 1GSa/s

4 channel models:

There is two groups of channels, (CH1+CH2) and (CH3+CH4)

If use what ever channel alone, max 2GSa/s
If use CH1 and CH2, max 1GSa/s both or CH3 and CH4 1GSa/s both.

If use (CH1 or CH2) and (CH3 or CH4)  both  channels have 2GSa/s

If use more than 2channels, what ever combination,  all used channels max is 1GSa/s

So, if use all 4 channels, all have max 1GSa/s simultaneously.

BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »
Quote from: marmad
Reported earlier in the thread: 1 ADC per two channels.

Thanks, Mark.  Do you memorize all this stuff?  :D  Or are you able to go back through 20 pages and find it again?

2 channel models:

1 channel in use, max 2GSa/s
2 channel in use, both max 1GSa/s

4 channel models:

There is two groups of channels, (CH1+CH2) and (CH3+CH4)

If use what ever channel alone, max 2GSa/s
If use CH1 and CH2, max 1GSa/s both or CH3 and CH4 1GSa/s both.

If use (CH1 or CH2) and (CH3 or CH4)  both  channels have 2GSa/s

If use more than 2channels, what ever combination,  all used channels max is 1GSa/s

So, if use all 4 channels, all have max 1GSa/s simultaneously.

Thanks for all the details, rf-loop.  So in 4-chan mode, it's 4x faster than the DS1000Z.  And in 2-chan mode, the SDS2xx4 is twice as fast as the SDS2xx2.

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2014, 01:32:21 am »

[/quote]

Thanks for all the details, rf-loop.  So in 4-chan mode, it's 4x faster than the DS1000Z.  And in 2-chan mode, the SDS2xx4 is twice as fast as the SDS2xx2.
[/quote]

I think rf-loop meant  CH1 and CH2 share one ADC,CH3 and CH4 share another ADC, that is to say, in 2-chan mode,only turn on CH1 and CH3(CH2 and CH4),the SDS2xx4 is twice as fast as the SDS2xx2. If turn on CH1 and CH2, the unit will only one ADC works. :scared:

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:25 am »

Quote from: Mark_O

I think rf-loop meant  CH1 and CH2 share one ADC,CH3 and CH4 share another ADC, that is to say, in 2-chan mode,only turn on CH1 and CH3(CH2 and CH4),the SDS2xx4 is twice as fast as the SDS2xx2. If turn on CH1 and CH2, the unit will only one ADC works. :scared:

Right.  I understood that.  Sorry if my comments made things less clear. 

I probably should have said, "in 2-chan mode, the SDS2xx4 can be twice as fast as the SDS2xx2."  I was simply trying to highlight the fact that the 4-channel version had a performance advantage that wasn't immediately obvious, at first glance.  (To me, anyway.)

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2014, 11:39:15 am »

Quote from: Mark_O

Right.  I understood that.  Sorry if my comments made things less clear. 

I probably should have said, "in 2-chan mode, the SDS2xx4 can be twice as fast as the SDS2xx2."  I was simply trying to highlight the fact that the 4-channel version had a performance advantage that wasn't immediately obvious, at first glance.  (To me, anyway.)

Yes, if buy 4 channel model but typically need 2 channel, it give 2GSa/s for both channels (range from 1ms/div to 1ns/div)

If buy 2 channel model and typically also use 2 channels it give 1GSa/s for both channels (range from 1ms/div to 1ns/div)

------------

btw, in SDS2304 test thread there is something about freq response, and also about pass/fail mask test speed. (it is hardware based fast mask test, capable  up to ~110k waveforms pass/fail test per second). It looks like Siglent claim about HW based mask test is true if look its speed (?).

Now scope is disassembled for HW investigations so very limited possible to make any more tests. I want also try solve/test  what it means that window zoom function is HW based (Siglent claim).

BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2014, 03:32:38 pm »
It's a pity that their Logic Analyzer only supports 8 digital channels? Or do they have support for 16 digital channels on some models?

The Rigol entry model DS1102D did already support 16 digital channels, and so are the more advanced Rigol units like MSO4014.

So maybe a Rigol MSO4014 is better choice than Siglent SDS 2074?
How do they compare in features/pricing?
How is internal impedance on SDS2000 series? Is the internal capacitance taken out when you switch from 1M to 50 ohm like in the more expensive scopes? I read this is not the case on Rigol DS2074A.

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2014, 09:05:45 pm »
It's a pity that their Logic Analyzer only supports 8 digital channels?

Why?  What do you need more than 8 for?  I'm genuinely curious if you have a real application in mind, or just want more for the sake of more?

Or do they have support for 16 digital channels on some models?

Not that they've advertised yet.  Perhaps on the later SDS3000-series.

The Rigol entry model DS1102D did already support 16 digital channels,

Even farther back than that.  The old DS1102CD model did as well.  I know, because I've owned one for 4 years.

...and so are the more advanced Rigol units like MSO4014.

That's correct.  And of course, more is always better.  No matter what.  I also have one LA with 32 channels, and another with 136 channels.  It's a pity these new MSOs have less.    :'(  ::)

So maybe a Rigol MSO4014 is better choice than Siglent SDS 2074?
How do they compare in features/pricing?

It must be, if it has more LA channels.   :palm:  Pricing on the MSO version of the SDS2000 hasn't been announced yet, AFAIK.  But I suspect the Rigol you mentioned will cost perhaps around twice as much.

Still, obviously worth it for 8 more LA channels.    :-DD

Pretty much worthless without at least 16 digital channels.  I guess Agilent should probably shit-can their MSOX2000-series units, with only 8 digital channels.  And Hameg as well, their whole HMO Compact line, with only 8 LA channels.  I mean, what are these companies thinking?   :-//  Why build a more affordable product that covers >90% of the use-cases?

[/sarcasm]

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2014, 08:56:53 am »

Why?  What do you need more than 8 for?  I'm genuinely curious if you have a real application in mind, or just want more for the sake of more?

Yes,8 digital channels will meet my needs,but the problem is that SDS2102 on alibaba doesn't  have the MSO fuction.
http://siglent.en.alibaba.com/product/1495430096-220476572/Siglent_SDS2102_DPO_Oscilloscope_digital_oscilloscope_100MHz_2_channels.html
If I buy it now,how to get the MSO fuction later? Just pay some money or need to sent back to the store,maybe back to SIGLENT shenzhen? :'( :'(

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2014, 09:18:17 am »

Yes,8 digital channels will meet my needs,but the problem is that SDS2102 on alibaba doesn't  have the MSO fuction.
http://siglent.en.alibaba.com/product/1495430096-220476572/Siglent_SDS2102_DPO_Oscilloscope_digital_oscilloscope_100MHz_2_channels.html
If I buy it now,how to get the MSO fuction later? Just pay some money or need to sent back to the store,maybe back to SIGLENT shenzhen? :'( :'(

Originally MSO was to be an option but now it seems it will be a different product so an upgrade to MSO will not be possible.
We all wait for more information.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:04 am »

Originally MSO was to be an option but now it seems it will be a different product so an upgrade to MSO will not be possible.

Yes.

(but on the main board there is all or nearly all ready for it.... without components... )

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2014, 05:54:44 pm »
I think they have seen what has happened to Rigol products, and are now scared. Next they will require us to send the unit back to the factory for firmware update  :scared:
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

Offline z01z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:10 pm »

Yes.

(but on the main board there is all or nearly all ready for it.... without components... )
Have you taken pictures from the front side of the PCB? I suppose the missing components must be there because on the back side only the ch3&4 stuff is missing.

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2014, 01:00:12 am »

Thanks very much,tautech, I just misunderstood by the title
Siglent's new product- MSO/SDS2000 Series
:-// :-//,that is to say,only SDS2000 series.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2014, 07:44:11 am »
Have you taken pictures from the front side of the PCB? I suppose the missing components must be there because on the back side only the ch3&4 stuff is missing.
[/quote]

What ch3 and 4 missing? I have preliminary version of SDS2304.
Yes, I have lot of pictures but I need carefully look what are public and what not. Unit what I have is _preliminary_ demo version of SDS2304 made late November 2013.
(This is not unit what have sold to end users in domestic markets in China)

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
I think they have seen what has happened to Rigol products, and are now scared. Next they will require us to send the unit back to the factory for firmware update  :scared:

What happened to Rigol products? ;D

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2014, 01:18:59 am »
Well, you see, they can be "upgraded" to improve the price/performance ratio  ;D

Offline kebogen

• Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #294 on: January 07, 2014, 09:35:51 am »
Well, you see, they can be "upgraded" to improve the price/performance ratio  ;D
Aha?I think SIGLENT will not do that, I haven't  found anything about MSO2000 on www.siglent.com/en
Maybe Herman got the wrong imformation >:D
But thanks very much,Herman, SDS2000 is a great scope,I just want one.

Offline z01z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2014, 01:14:53 pm »
What ch3 and 4 missing? I have preliminary version of SDS2304.
Yes, I have lot of pictures but I need carefully look what are public and what not. Unit what I have is _preliminary_ demo version of SDS2304 made late November 2013.
(This is not unit what have sold to end users in domestic markets in China)
I've meant the picture on page 3, apparently posted by Herman.

Offline Farrari

• Contributor
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2014, 12:43:40 am »
Aha?I think SIGLENT will not do that, I haven't  found anything about MSO2000 on www.siglent.com/en
Maybe Herman got the wrong imformation >:D
But thanks very much,Herman, SDS2000 is a great scope,I just want one.
Yeah, as you I know, now SIGLENT only have SDSxxxx series,MSO is an option. :box:

Offline z01z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »
Has anyone noticed that on the siglent.eu page the 200 and 300MHz versions are in stock?
Who's brave enough? ;)

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2014, 02:08:31 pm »
Has anyone noticed that on the siglent.eu page the 200 and 300MHz versions are in stock?
Who's brave enough? ;)

You mean who's got enough spare cash laying around to lend it interest-free for awhile? ;D

Offline z01z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »
Well, you can call that bravery I guess :).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf