Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 340299 times)

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #850 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:35 pm »

None of the facts support Siglent's story.

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

I think this thread has run its course and needs to be locked now.

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Why dont you go look at the link to Ebay where it says "new other"for a used Item  :palm:

Apparently you must've been looking in the mirror and got confused when you posted that lovely comment that has nothing to do with the facts here.

But hey you want the post locked because you know I am right so you started a behavior that will get it locked after you didnt get your way.Nice quality tactic you have there.The facts are posted over and over yet you seem to be unable to comprehend them.

He sold it as used. The original eBay item was removed when the counterfeit claim was brought, so the item you're posting...

Edit:
Someone in this thread posted an archived shot of the original listing and it was marked as Used. Even if it *was* marked as "New Other" Siglent is still in the wrong. How do you not understand that trying to prevent anyone from selling your products below a certain price is  illegal... Plus, using a false counterfeit claim to do it!

I could care less if the OP never actually had an item to sell. Even if he *was* a scammer, it still shows Siglent engaging in unethical and possibly illegal behavior!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:37:10 pm by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #851 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:54 pm »
The reason the mistake was made might be true, that actually doesn't matter either.

A company blaming a particular employee, is a big no-no in the western world and probably worldwide. If a mistake was made, it's the company that has to own up.

The company did own up to it, they claimed their employee made a mistake and it was not their intention to target used equipment on ebay. Proof:

The company is not blaming the employee, they were explaining what happened and how it happened.
The fact is that they did have a grey market price control policy and they still do. So in a way it hurts Siglent owners that for whatever reason they end up with an unsupported piece of equipment.
There is no evidence they have a grey market price control policy. They have an authorized distributor policy, which is pretty standard practice in so many many industries. I'm unsure how an authorized distributor policy would be bad for owners, you know, because of the whole being supported thing.

Let's say that for whatever reason I get my hands on Siglent gear from a failed company at a price that I could not refuse with the intent to sell them into ebay and say they are brand new and still in-box at a way lower price than the rest because I don't want them around my place and want to get rid of them fast.

This goes back to the whole "It was a mistake" thing. If you have any additional evidence that they do this, please share it.

And the fact is that's exactly how they dealt with grey market products.
Please provide evidence for this claim.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #852 on: December 04, 2015, 09:38:33 pm »

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

Read the god damn thread you ***** monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.
Abusive behaviour will get you reported.

If you all want to have a good scrap, quote facts and provide links.

We have. Multiple times. The thread is full of them!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #853 on: December 04, 2015, 09:39:48 pm »

The reason the mistake was made might be true, that actually doesn't matter either.

A company blaming a particular employee, is a big no-no in the western world and probably worldwide. If a mistake was made, it's the company that has to own up.

The company did own up to it, they claimed their employee made a mistake and it was not their intention to target used equipment on ebay. Proof:

The company is not blaming the employee, they were explaining what happened and how it happened.
The fact is that they did have a grey market price control policy and they still do. So in a way it hurts Siglent owners that for whatever reason they end up with an unsupported piece of equipment.
There is no evidence they have a grey market price control policy. They have an authorized distributor policy, which is pretty standard practice in so many many industries. I'm unsure how an authorized distributor policy would be bad for owners, you know, because of the whole being supported thing.

Let's say that for whatever reason I get my hands on Siglent gear from a failed company at a price that I could not refuse with the intent to sell them into ebay and say they are brand new and still in-box at a way lower price than the rest because I don't want them around my place and want to get rid of them fast.

This goes back to the whole "It was a mistake" thing. If you have any additional evidence that they do this, please share it.

And the fact is that's exactly how they dealt with grey market products.
Please provide evidence for this claim.

You obviously have an agenda here, so it's pointless. Believe what you want, meanwhile, in the real world, the rest of us know the truth.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #854 on: December 04, 2015, 09:43:13 pm »
who has a copy of the original listing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It is CLEARLY listed as new other and does not fit that description by Ebay's terms of service.I have provided links to prove this guy is full of shit over and over yet people still dont want to believe what is there for them to see for themselves.

This tool has been caught in LIE over LIE over and over but nobody cares to admit they might have been wrong. 

Once again this is the listing  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

and here it is copied and pasted direct from the add 
"
Details about  Siglent SDG5122 sdg5000 Function/ Arbitrary Waveform Generator 120MHz MINT

Seller information
mastertechtrading (2180 )
100% Positive feedback

Item Information
Item condition:
New other "

So to recap,not only did he list it incorrectly and it was rightfully taken down,but wasn't this thread all about how they blocked him from selling his unit?Yet you say that fact that it was already sold doesn't matter?Are you serious?How could the company have blocked him from selling something he no longer had???????

Every time I post facts and links you guys continue to look past them because you dont want to believe that you got duped into helping him blackmail a company on here.
Just go away you two (mackek2) just registered trolls, or one troll with two accounts. Neither this is original listing which was removed because of the fake counterfeit clam neither you help Siglent a tiny bit but exactly an opposite.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:45:12 pm by wraper »

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #855 on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:56 pm »

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Why dont you go look at the link to Ebay where it says "new other"for a used Item  :palm:

Apparently you must've been looking in the mirror and got confused when you posted that lovely comment that has nothing to do with the facts here.

But hey you want the post locked because you know I am right so you started a behavior that will get it locked after you didnt get your way.Nice quality tactic you have there.The facts are posted over and over yet you seem to be unable to comprehend them.

He sold it as used. The original eBay item was removed when the counterfeit claim was brought, so the item you're posting...

Let spell this out for you.........the Ebay add listed it as"new other" Look at the link I posted to his add here and you'll see the ebay link and his offer to discount it to the eev members along with when he marked it as sold.When he sold it,he neglected to remove the ebay add and Siglent flagged it on the 22 thinking it was new and being sold in the grey market.The ONLY reason this happened is because it was marked "NEW OTHER" by him.This thread was started on the 23 the day after.His story is so full of holes its not funny.

This shit storm was simply so he could get something for free from Siglent or at least try.The FACTS are there out in the open plain as day. Seriously I dare you to go and look :palm:

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #856 on: December 04, 2015, 09:46:29 pm »
Let spell this out for you.........the Ebay add listed it as"new other" Look at the link I posted to his add here and you'll see the ebay link and his offer to discount it to the eev members along with when he marked it as sold.When he sold it,he neglected to remove the ebay add and Siglent flagged it on the 22 thinking it was new and being sold in the grey market.The ONLY reason this happened is because it was marked "NEW OTHER" by him.This thread was started on the 23 the day after.His story is so full of holes its not funny.

This shit storm was simply so he could get something for free from Siglent or at least try.The FACTS are there out in the open plain as day. Seriously I dare you to go and look :palm:
Are you stupid, blind or just cannot read?

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #857 on: December 04, 2015, 09:47:52 pm »
Fine, I will shut up and go away if you post a single piece of evidence supporting any of your claims. You know, like a link, screenshot, quote, ect.. like we have been asking for for a while. Just 1. One. Just a single piece of evidence.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #858 on: December 04, 2015, 09:48:10 pm »

You obviously have an agenda here, so it's pointless. Believe what you want, meanwhile, in the real world, the rest of us know the truth.
Think you know the truth would be more accurate.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #859 on: December 04, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »
Neither this is original listing which was removed because of the fake counterfeit clam neither you help Siglent a tiny bit but exactly an opposite.

You are wrong. This is the original listing. Siglent rescinded their claim and ebay restored the post and if you had read the entire thread you would know this.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:51:56 pm by mackek2 »

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #860 on: December 04, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »

Are you stupid, blind or just cannot read?

Nice quality tactic  :-+

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #861 on: December 04, 2015, 09:54:51 pm »

Seriously.

But, you're wrong. I was reading this thread LIVE as it was happening. I know what transpired.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how things transpired. It doesn't matter if he had it marked Used or New. Either way, Siglent was still in the wrong for using a counterfeit claim to have the item pulled.

In his correspondence with Siglent, they offered to drop the claim if he raised his price. That is not a mistake.

Swearing to an affidavit falsely is perjury.

Trying to prevent non-authorized resellers from selling things below a certain price is price fixing and possibly collusion.

It doesn't matter how the OP had the item listed or even if he had an item to sell. What Siglent did shows intent. End of story. No matter how much twisting of the facts you do, it won't change that.

It's that simple.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #862 on: December 04, 2015, 09:58:10 pm »
Neither this is original listing which was removed because of the fake counterfeit clam neither you help Siglent a tiny bit but exactly an opposite.

You are wrong. This is the original listing. Siglent rescinded their claim and ebay restored the post and if you had read the entire thread you would know this.

What I'm telling you is that's not the original listing. It's the restored listing. There's a difference. (In that the details may have been changed by eBay or the OP.)

Edit: Besides, New Other *does* fit. The item was unused, with original box and paperwork. It just wasn't still sealed in the original box. Read the eBay description.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:00:00 pm by timb »

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #863 on: December 04, 2015, 10:03:38 pm »
« Sent to: OldSchoolTechCorner  on: Today at 02:39:13 PM » 

Dear OldSchoolTechCorner,
I'm sorry that I did not see the item you marked as used before.
It turned out to be a misunderstanding. We just need you provide us your serial number to verify. And we will withdraw the claim complaint.

Sincerely
SIGLENT Markrting Department

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD

I don't personally know any of the players. This is not a legal court, and there are very few facts that can be verified. My problem with Siglent is how they tried to sweep a public discussion under the rug. Run away. Let it die down. It honestly paints a picture of the internal culture.

All companies have employees that make mistakes, the company response is what can make or break the trust of the target demographic. If they were not sneaky and shady in the way this was handled, ultimately blaming a specific person - I would have not been stirred.

Post 'facts', analysis, and opinion. I read all of this crap from the first post and decided that Siglent is on my shit list. It is not because I know any and all details, just the details that are important to me. That is how the court of public opinion works and ALL business are subjected to it. Siglent has had infinite opportunities to cool the fire and they instead threw gas on it. Even if OldSchoolTechCorner is a dishonest lying scammer, it does not matter to me. His listing was pulled and he figured out some other avenue to sell his box - I don't care.

I don't care at all about the claims or plight of the OP, I only care about the response of the accused company. The responses culminating with the CEO interview gave me more reason to doubt them than the OP. They were defensive and not apologetic. Sending a free unit is not going to cover up the way I see their corporate culture. They are only apologetic that they were caught being sneaky and shady and it became a public discussion. All the responses were PM's!! Hilarious.

I still don't know what to think of RobertBG coming in and mysteriously reading a ridiculously long thread and taking such an intense interest in something he/she has no connection with. Who does that? You have dedicated hours to the analysis and defense of this issue? I cannot think of anyone I have have ever known that would do what you are doing without some sort of motivation beyond - ' doing the right thing'.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #864 on: December 04, 2015, 10:06:02 pm »
Tim,maybe you need to go reread the thread then and refresh your memory.
It's funny that you mentioned reading it live as it happened because the whole time he was blabbing about how they are blocking him from selling his unit it was already gone  :-DD 

Lastly why hast the OP come to defend himself? :-//   :popcorn:

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #865 on: December 04, 2015, 10:07:32 pm »
But, you're wrong. I was reading this thread LIVE as it was happening. I know what transpired.
Your memory of a majority the beginning of the thread is over a month old.
Either way, Siglent was still in the wrong for using a counterfeit claim to have the item pulled.
Yes, it was wrong. The have admitted this, apologized, explained how it happened and how it is not their policy. It was a mistake by an employee.

In his correspondence with Siglent, they offered to drop the claim if he raised his price. That is not a mistake.
You are wrong. They did not say they would drop the claim if he raised the price. They said they would drop the claim if he proved it was not counterfeit. They asked him to raise the price. It was a mistake. It was an employee who was confused about the authorized reseller policy (and how it doesn't apply to used equipment or anyone who is not an authorized dealer)
Swearing to an affidavit falsely is perjury.
Evidence that Siglent swore falsely?
Trying to prevent non-authorized resellers from selling things below a certain price is price fixing and possibly collusion.
Yup, mistake. Not intentional. Not their policy. Fixed shortly after they were made aware of it. (They being someone other than the original employee).
It doesn't matter how the OP had the item listed or even if he had an item to sell. What Siglent did shows intent. End of story. No matter how much twisting of the facts you do, it won't change that.

It's that simple.
No, it doesn't show intent. This was a mistake that happened a SINGLE time.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #866 on: December 04, 2015, 10:09:11 pm »
Well, it's good to see Siglent has hired a few fixers to patch things up.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #867 on: December 04, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »

It turned out to be a misunderstanding. We just need you provide us your serial number to verify. And we will withdraw the claim complaint.

Sincerely

I don't personally know any of the players. This is not a legal court, and there are very few facts that can be verified. My problem with Siglent is how they tried to sweep a public discussion under the rug. Run away. Let it die down. It honestly paints a picture of the internal culture.

All companies have employees that make mistakes, the company response is what can make or break the trust of the target demographic. If they were not sneaky and shady in the way this was handled, ultimately blaming a specific person - I would have not been stirred.

Post 'facts', analysis, and opinion. I read all of this crap from the first post and decided that Siglent is on my shit list. It is not because I know any and all details, just the details that are important to me. That is how the court of public opinion works and ALL business are subjected to it. Siglent has had infinite opportunities to cool the fire and they instead threw gas on it. Even if OldSchoolTechCorner is a dishonest lying scammer, it does not matter to me. His listing was pulled and he figured out some other avenue to sell his box - I don't care.

I don't care at all about the claims or plight of the OP, I only care about the response of the accused company. The responses culminating with the CEO interview gave me more reason to doubt them than the OP. They were defensive and not apologetic. Sending a free unit is not going to cover up the way I see their corporate culture. They are only apologetic that they were caught being sneaky and shady and it became a public discussion. All the responses were PM's!! Hilarious.

I still don't know what to think of RobertBG coming in and mysteriously reading a ridiculously long thread and taking such an intense interest in something he/she has no connection with. Who does that? You have dedicated hours to the analysis and defense of this issue? I cannot think of anyone I have have ever known that would do what you are doing without some sort of motivation beyond - ' doing the right thing'.

What you fail to realize is he already had sold the unit prior to the add being taken down.

And as for me,if you where attacked for stating something that was a fact would you not defend yourself?

I smelled BS from the start of reading this thread and everyone that tried to talk some sense along the way was pushed aside,insulted and ostracized for doing so and at the end of it I realized why they could give two shits to try and point out anything to a certain crowd on here.Throw in the fact that I also hate internet scammers and lying tool's here I am.

Arguing with idiots who refuse to see something................and I must say that phrase "dont argue with idiots because they will beat you with experience"really rings true here   :-DD

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #868 on: December 04, 2015, 10:19:22 pm »
Well, it's good to see Siglent has hired a few fixers to patch things up.

I saw the interview on youtube. Dave mentioned "the ebay thing" with no context and I was curious so I started reading the thread. Go ahead, read it from the beginning (I suggest the "Print" view, it is all on one page). What you will find is people jumping to conclusions before there was any information (besides from the original employee) and no substantive evidence to support any claims of nefarious activity by Siglent.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #869 on: December 04, 2015, 10:27:45 pm »

Sincerely

Pretty much this. At first I thought RobertBG was some stalker with an axe to grind against the OP. When he was called out on it, a new poster immediately appearing, making the exact same arguments, typing the same way, etc.

Someone earlier mentioned it might be Siglent trying to clean things up, which I thought was just a whacky conspiracy theory.

Now? I'm starting to believe it. You're analysis is pretty spot on. Seriously, who necros a dead 50+ page thread, reads it all and then takes a vehement stance against the common perception when he has no connection to any of the players?

Thinking back, in my 20 years on the Internet, I've only ever seen it happen when the person was either:

1) Connected to the company in question.

2)Had a beef with OP on another forum.

3)Worked for a PR firm hired by the company in question.

4)Was a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

I've pretty much seen it all on the Internet, and been part of (or watched as) some of the craziest stuff you can think of. And this, it's just not logical.

I don't know who RobertBG (and his sock puppets) are, but it's clear they are very biased.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #870 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:16 pm »
A serial number would prove it was not counterfeit, simple as that.
Siglent is a bottom of the barrel brand so which sane person would even think of counterfeiting it? Counterfeiting Siglent equipment is like counterfeiting $1 underwear from Walmart  :palm:
The most counterfeit meter out there is $1 or even free - the notorious 830B.  :-DD Someone must own the design? (I guess they don't want anyone to know!)

Believe me the counterfeiters in China would fake anything. I mean even eggs and milk, never mind the gutter oil!

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #871 on: December 04, 2015, 10:34:18 pm »
Sounds like all of you are giving up on the whole 'evidence' thing. I'd guess the difference between a lot of you and I is I generally take people at their word unless they give me reason to otherwise. I believe the CEO and his explanation of what happened because I have no reason to not believe him even, and no one has provided evidence as to why I shouldn't. From the video it sounds like Dave believes him.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:36:49 pm by mackek2 »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #872 on: December 04, 2015, 10:38:21 pm »
I don't understand the fixation with the OP by this two.

And btw don't refer to a forum member as a tool.
The only ones attacking anyone is you both attacking the OP and missing the points entirely.

New Other is not the same as New. And the seller notes explains:
In like new condition, took extreme good care of it and always been on bench so never been moved. It in mint condition and come with manual and cable that it would have from factory.

Not that it matters at all, because the point is not the listing, if it's new,old,grey market, sold before outside of ebay, bad deal with some tape deck, whatever.

What matters here is that Siglent has a policy in controlling grey market products by filing false trademark claims which is illegal. They can't say to take down a listing because the product is not theirs and is a counterfeit device using their trademark.

So to me it doesn't matter much what the OP has done, but if the way Siglent controls their distribution problems is by hurting the user, then there is no way I'll be purchasing one, from an authorized dealer or not.

If I buy an used piece of test equipment that is still under warranty I really don't want to have to deal with the hassle to track down if the serial number originated from an Authorized distributor or not.

So the problem is not really solved, so thank you guys for reviving this thread because Siglent still needs to explain if they will support their products regardless of the origin.

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #873 on: December 04, 2015, 10:38:58 pm »
Believe me the counterfeiters in China would fake anything.

Indeed. Do you like soy sauce?

http://www.naturalhealth365.com/soy_sauce.html/

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #874 on: December 04, 2015, 10:39:46 pm »
You may have doubts but I know her name and that will never be shared.

Post 'facts', analysis, and opinion. I read all of this crap from the first post and decided that Siglent is on my shit list. It is not because I know any and all details, just the details that are important to me.
Trouble is; the internal discussion (facts) support what has been posted here already.....sure some for whatever reasons will never believe Siglent and they have to live with that. Obviously there has been much feedback to Siglent from dealers like myself and I've insisted they have no influence in my market to which I've had assurances there won't be.

Just as incensed as many here are, so was I, but we've each all made our positions clear, either publicly and/or privately and while Siglent make the statement their actions are to protect dealers RRP structures there really is little they can do on the worldwide stage.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf