Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 340267 times)

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #825 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »
Doesn't matter if a serial number would prove it's not counterfeit. It's not his job to prove it's not. It's Siglent's job to prove it is. If they can't do that, they can piss off.

As I said farther up this thread, Siglent weren't involved in this at all until they shoved themselves in. Just because their name is on the front panel doesn't mean they get any control. Nobody owes them a serial number.

Says who? They provided ebay with enough evidence that ebay decided to remove the listing. He should take this up with ebay, as they are the ones who removed the listing according to their policies. Sure, anyone can sell used equipment, but ebay can decide if they want to allow you to sell it on their site. Ebay could even go so far as to only allow manufacturer approved listings if they wanted to. They are an independent company that can choose what to list and what not to list.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:20:02 pm by mackek2 »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »
He also CLEARLY marked the item sold here on the EEVblog on the 17th OldSchoolTechCorner

Yet the add on Ebay that was marked "NEW OTHER" by him can clearly be seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold!!
posted by him on the 17th yet the ebay add was still up?  :-DD

So PLEASE tell me how a item that was already sold here could still be for sale on  ebay?

SERIOUSLY people LOOK for yourself.

Well aware of that and brought up somewhere in this thread as I recall.

You are missing the point, in my opinion (and not claiming it's everyones) this topic has nothing to do with the OP, or if he sold the scope out of ebay before/after or whatever.
It's about a company trying to prevent customers from reselling their used and no longer needed test equipment.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #827 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »
Doesn't matter if a serial number would prove it's not counterfeit. It's not his job to prove it's not. It's Siglent's job to prove it is. If they can't do that, they can piss off.

As I said farther up this thread, Siglent weren't involved in this at all until they shoved themselves in. Just because their name is on the front panel doesn't mean they get any control. Nobody owes them a serial number.

Says who? They provided ebay with enough evidence that ebay decided to remove the listing. He should take this up with ebay, as they are the ones who removed the listing according to their policies. Sure, anyone can sell used equipment, but ebay can decide if they want to allow you to sell it on their site.

Lets face it Ebay wasnt going to give him something for free ;)

Seriously he marked it SOLD on here on the 17th yet the add was still on Ebay unitl the 22nd.After Ebay took the add down for it not being new he made a stink because he could and what he did was WRONG and sorry to say it but Siglent was not that far out of line if at all here.The Item CLEARLY was not "NEW" as he stated in his add yet forgot to mention here.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:05 pm »
This thread has just turned stupid. Thanks in large part to RobertBG.
Grateful that we now have the IGNORE option.  Bye.

Where is that button?

This conversation is silly. After the story has cleared, I will not buy Siglent. I was sort of considering them for a siggen that only needs modest performance, but the CEO gave me very little confidence that I should bother. I would rather spend more money and never have to worry about it again.

....looking for the IGNORE button now......
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:35 pm »
You are missing the point, in my opinion (and not claiming it's everyones) this topic has nothing to do with the OP, or if he sold the scope out of ebay before/after or whatever.
It's about a company trying to prevent customers from reselling their used and no longer needed test equipment.

And they have since stated that they have no problem with selling used equipment (and never did) and this was ENTIRELY AN ACCIDENT by a single individual.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #830 on: December 04, 2015, 07:31:43 pm »

And they have since stated that they have no problem with selling used equipment (and never did) and this was ENTIRELY AN ACCIDENT by a single individual.

With special thanks to 10's of thousands of other Chinese companies that have ripped off the world, I don't believe them. If they are genuine and above board, they will have a hill to climb to get the general population to believe them. All of the responses smell. The presentation of the CEO smells. It may or amy not be true, but if it smells bad, I can make a choice to stay clear. I suspect others may feel the same. This is not court and it never will be. It's worse - public opinion justice is far more swift.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #831 on: December 04, 2015, 07:33:57 pm »

+1
I have been in the position to know most of the happenings of this saga before they've been posted in this thread and Siglent's story (from my POV) has been consistant all the way and also comfirmed by the CEO.

Call me a fanboy, I don't care, the facts are what matters.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #832 on: December 04, 2015, 07:39:11 pm »

With special thanks to 10's of thousands of other Chinese companies that have ripped off the world, I don't believe them. If they are genuine and above board, they will have a hill to climb to get the general population to believe them. All of the responses smell. The presentation of the CEO smells. It may or amy not be true, but if it smells bad, I can make a choice to stay clear. I suspect others may feel the same. This is not court and it never will be. It's worse - public opinion justice is far more swift.

Of course you are free to buy from who you want, but this thread will forever be in Google search results, and it contains pages and pages downright false information and accusations. Sure, they made a mistake, and they rectified the mistake to a level far exceeding the damage done by the original mistake (which is none, or.. actually, OP came out ahead because ebay refunded some of his listing fees). I think OP should retract all of the claims made and he should issue an apology for jumping to conclusions and crapping on siglents brand and image before giving them a chance to fix the issue.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:46:26 pm by mackek2 »

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #833 on: December 04, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »
It's a shame too, because from a few of the comments I have heard (dave even mentions it in the video) they have excellent customer service and do actually care about the hobbyist market. Hell, that is probably where a lot of their sales come from.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #834 on: December 04, 2015, 07:51:24 pm »
This guy created a HUGE saga about how Siglent was wrongfully preventing him from selling a piece of equipment.......can we all agree on this?

What he neglected to mention was that he had already sold this equipment.Also he listed it as "New other" and going by Ebay's definition of
"A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

It was clearly misrepresented and rightfully taken down by Ebay regardless of anyone's opinion here..........Facts are facts folks.

Last but not least how in anyway did Siglent prevent him from selling it?I mean he had already sold it  :palm: 

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #835 on: December 04, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »
Mackek2,

You buy Siglent's story, good for you. Bad news is many people did not.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #836 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
Mackek2,

It's now a challenge for Siglent to provide the best equipment they can and the service to back it up, they've been open about the events here but some will always have blinkers on and that is their right.

That many choose to completely overlook that Rigol was involved in similar behaviour (and it was linked early in this thread) is surprising.
Has an explanation of their actions been forthcoming.....no.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #837 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:57 pm »
Mackek2,

But why not? I am genuinely curious why people do not believe them, when every single fact supports their statements?

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #838 on: December 04, 2015, 08:33:39 pm »
Post #16
It was listed as used when I listed it on eBay, as it was used but mint condition. I tried to, but have to first email them since they actually sent a legal notice and give them 5 days to responds and if they email me, the call back eBay VERO department and print screen the emails, so is a process.

....and a bit later.....
Also he listed it as "New other" and going by Ebay's definition of
"A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

It was clearly misrepresented and rightfully taken down by Ebay regardless of anyone's opinion here..........Facts are facts folks.

Facts?

The fact that he sold it by other means has nothing at all to do with this. Nothing at all.

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #839 on: December 04, 2015, 08:48:33 pm »
Post #16
It was listed as used when I listed it on eBay, as it was used but mint condition. I tried to, but have to first email them since they actually sent a legal notice and give them 5 days to responds and if they email me, the call back eBay VERO department and print screen the emails, so is a process.

....and a bit later.....
Also he listed it as "New other" and going by Ebay's definition of

Facts?

The fact that he sold it by other means has nothing at all to do with this. Nothing at all.

I disagree. His very first claim on this thread is factually wrong. OP makes unsubstantiated or downright false claims over and over again. Op lied, over and over again. That is what this is all about.
I won't have expected this from Siglent technologies, now I see they like to play games and try to manipulate the market.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #840 on: December 04, 2015, 08:53:30 pm »
who has a copy of the original listing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #841 on: December 04, 2015, 08:54:48 pm »
rx8pilot:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#viTabs_0

If anyone has ANY evidence to support the fact that this wasn't a mistake or has ever happened before, we'd all love to see it. Until then, the only rational conclusion is OP stirred up drama from the beginning.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #842 on: December 04, 2015, 09:03:11 pm »
None of the facts support Siglent's story.

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

I think this thread has run its course and needs to be locked now.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #843 on: December 04, 2015, 09:12:53 pm »

They had, what they thought was a *new* item being sold by a non-authorized reseller on eBay and had it pulled using a false counterfeit claim. Any way you slice it, it's wrong.

There was no mistake here. End of story. You can keep trying to spin the facts, but like I said, you're either very naïve or just plain dumb if you believe their explanation. It doesn't hold weight.

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

They thought it was new because that is what the auction is listed as, "New other". This is a fact with a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#viTabs_0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:17:39 pm by mackek2 »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #844 on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »
The reason the mistake was made might be true, that actually doesn't matter either.

A company blaming a particular employee, is a big no-no in the western world and probably worldwide. If a mistake was made, it's the company that has to own up.

The fact is that they did have a grey market price control policy and they still do. So in a way it hurts Siglent owners that for whatever reason they end up with an unsupported piece of equipment.

Let's say that for whatever reason I get my hands on Siglent gear from a failed company at a price that I could not refuse with the intent to sell them into ebay and say they are brand new and still in-box at a way lower price than the rest because I don't want them around my place and want to get rid of them fast.

Stating that one of their genuine products is a counterfeit one so that they can de-list the product is just plain wrong. And the fact is that's exactly how they dealt with grey market products.

The "please change your price" only can mean one thing in the context of the message where it's stated that offering a as new product for a lower price than the authorized distributors will result on Siglent put a claim of that the product is not theirs and a clone.

The OP actions or other dealings don't matter to me at all because I'm not into old tape decks and last time I had a reel to reel was about 30 years ago and it was just because it was cool, but they were obsolete even then.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #845 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »

This honestly blows my mind. None of what facts? Please point to the facts that you are claiming don't support Siglents story? Please, share them! Links work. Quotes work. Screenshots work.

Read the god damn thread you stubborn monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:09:30 pm by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #846 on: December 04, 2015, 09:19:46 pm »

Read the god damn thread you ***** monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.
Abusive behaviour will get you reported.

If you all want to have a good scrap, quote facts and provide links.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #847 on: December 04, 2015, 09:22:11 pm »

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Like I said, I have read the entire thread. Siglents CEO said this was a mistake by a single employee. You are claiming this is not true. Back it up with evidence.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #848 on: December 04, 2015, 09:23:37 pm »
who has a copy of the original listing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It is CLEARLY listed as new other and does not fit that description by Ebay's terms of service.I have provided links to prove this guy is full of shit over and over yet people still dont want to believe what is there for them to see for themselves.

This tool has been caught in LIE over LIE over and over but nobody cares to admit they might have been wrong. 

Once again this is the listing  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

and here it is copied and pasted direct from the add 
"
Details about  Siglent SDG5122 sdg5000 Function/ Arbitrary Waveform Generator 120MHz MINT

Seller information
mastertechtrading (2180 )
100% Positive feedback

Item Information
Item condition:
New other "

So to recap,not only did he list it incorrectly and it was rightfully taken down,but wasn't this thread all about how they blocked him from selling his unit?Yet you say that fact that it was already sold doesn't matter?Are you serious?How could the company have blocked him from selling something he no longer had???????

Every time I post facts and links you guys continue to look past them because you dont want to believe that you got duped into helping him blackmail a company on here.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #849 on: December 04, 2015, 09:29:26 pm »

Read the god damn thread you fucking monkey. It's all there. Or read my last post where I go into detail.

Seriously.

Why dont you go look at the link to Ebay where it says "new other"for a used Item  :palm:

Apparently you must've been looking in the mirror and got confused when you posted that lovely comment that has nothing to do with the facts here.

But hey you want the post locked because you know I am right so you started a behavior that will get it locked after you didnt get your way.Nice quality tactic you have there.The facts are posted over and over yet you seem to be unable to comprehend them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf