Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 340209 times)

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #800 on: December 04, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »
Jesus, Hyundai has fanboys? They're welcome to my shitbox Hyundai, if they'll exchange it for one of the other brands they're probably above owning ::)
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #801 on: December 04, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »
Actually I did waste quite a bit of my time reading all 52 pages and I surely expected such a  remark.I appreciate your concern but considering the fact that I own and operate a business that has dealings on 3 continents including China,has issues with Ebay infringements such as this daily with my product and others that I carry as a authorized distributor ...

siglent distributor?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not.I deal with high performance aftermarket automotive products and also have a hand in my families insurance agency in case you actually want some facts.Look at my other post,and Dave could easily confirm this if he so desires ;)

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #802 on: December 04, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »
So, with no skin in the game, what got your goat so bad, you just had to register here to protest?   Do you have a habit of defending companies you have no contractual relationship  with?

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #803 on: December 04, 2015, 03:59:15 pm »

I never said the company was not responsible for it's employees actions but seriously it takes days just to go back and forth with people in China because of the time difference.What could be handled on the same continent in a matter of hours via email takes time when the person on the other end is getting your correspondence from today the next morning.

Sorry,this doesn't fly.

I had occasion to send emails to a Chinese company (not,as it happens Siglent) who are in exactly the same timezone as I am.
The result was similar!
Days for anything to happen----if anything did (they would sometimes just ignore the email).

If we did get an answer,it was just an acknowledgement,with a vague promise to "show it to the Engineer".
These answers were useless as far as any technical help was concerned.

My reading of things is that some Chinese companies are so bureaucratic that it takes forever for things to permeate through their system.
The result is that people don't bother trying to do that,unless you rant & rave enough to get something done.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #804 on: December 04, 2015, 04:05:15 pm »
Do yourself a favor before going on with the attacks,google this guy and his youtube channel.................SERIOUSLY.
Thanks for letting me know of his youtube channel. Some quite nice repairs there. It just so happens that I need to replace the digitiser (or digitalyser  ;) ) on a Galaxy Note and his repair vid explained a simple technique nicely.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #805 on: December 04, 2015, 04:12:01 pm »
So, with no skin in the game, what got your goat so bad, you just had to register here to protest?   Do you have a habit of defending companies you have no contractual relationship  with?

I simply pointed out some facts and have been attacked for doing so.I am simply defending myself at this point,but I was raised to stand up for what is right.

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #806 on: December 04, 2015, 04:18:31 pm »
I simply pointed out some facts and have been attacked for doing so.I am simply defending myself at this point,but I was raised to stand up for what is I think right.
There you go, I fixed that for you >:D

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #807 on: December 04, 2015, 04:28:15 pm »

I never said the company was not responsible for it's employees actions but seriously it takes days just to go back and forth with people in China because of the time difference.What could be handled on the same continent in a matter of hours via email takes time when the person on the other end is getting your correspondence from today the next morning.

Sorry,this doesn't fly.

It is time zones and working hours.......What is there not to fly here?pigs maybe?I simply stated what it normally takes to communicate with China from the USA not where you are.If you want to compare your response from them as a customer to their internal response rate then by all means go ahead but the fact is that you are comparing apples to oranges.Care to tell me what day you emailed them on?Have you ever thought it may have been a Chinese holiday?Or do they not exist in your bubble?The simple fact is that logistically dealing with China from the USA takes time.SIMPLE FACT

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #808 on: December 04, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »
I simply pointed out some facts and have been attacked for doing so.I am simply defending myself at this point,but I was raised to stand up for what is I think right.

Who is the troll here?Once again more attacks  :-DD  :box: :clap:

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #809 on: December 04, 2015, 04:37:34 pm »
If a company trains their security guards so badly that one of them shoot an innocent bystander, would that be OK? 

People make mistakes, but a reputable corporate entity takes responsibility for the actions of its employees and contractors, and if one of them makes a serious mistake that harms a 3rd party, takes steps to eliminate or at least significantly reduce the risk of a similar future mistake.

The O.P claimed (post #55) to have been asked to raise his listing price to get the complaint to EBAY withdrawn.  Assuming that communication can be confirmed without reasonable doubt, Siglent richly deserved the resulting s--tstorm.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:50:29 pm by Ian.M »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #810 on: December 04, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »
At the end of the day the facts of the product takedown hold true and were admitted by Siglent representatives. Siglent resolved the situation and the community is better for it.

That's what is important here, not the looking for the OP's dirty laundry.

As for the dirty laundry, if you read the forum links and sub-links, you'll find out that the buyer was a moderator of the site and that the OP gave choices and tried to resolve the issue the best he could. Also he was backed up by other forum members that he did business with.

Actually the OP's ebay is 100% positive as well and the account has been active for a long time and with many transactions.

So I can't see what your beef is with the OP.  :-//

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #811 on: December 04, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »
Btw, people saying that you are wrong is not an attack.

What you think doesn't have to be the ultimate uncontested answer.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #812 on: December 04, 2015, 04:56:07 pm »

Please tell me how this is not a attack??????????I wont hold my breath that is for sure  :-DD

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #813 on: December 04, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »
Also, Siglent appear to have resolved the issue, have apologised to the OP, compensated him for the inconvenience and announced a change in corporate policy.  If they avoid further mistakes when attempting to protect their distribution network, I'm sure that few would count this incident  against them.   However any similar mistakes or deliberate action in the future would be extremely damaging.

“Doveryai, no proveryai.”

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #814 on: December 04, 2015, 05:17:41 pm »

Please tell me how this is not a attack??????????I wont hold my breath that is for sure  :-DD

He is just stating that what you state as a fact is indeed just your opinion.

How is it an attack?

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #815 on: December 04, 2015, 06:23:08 pm »
.He is just stating that what you state as a fact is indeed just your opinion.

How is it an attack?

Actually the facts where stated previously and never answered.

He was just nice enough to take what was stated as a opinion and manipulate it to look like I said it as a fact. Standard troll technique here lol

Are you going to say that you also did not attack and accuse me of being a member at another site?Or that I had a personal beef with him?All of wich I am more than willing to disprove at the benefit of the community.

Did you also not take a a mistake that I typed and try manipulate it and use it to clear the OP's image?Tell me why you are so vested in clearing up someones image who is tied to MULTIPLE internet deals of questionable integrity?That is a FACT that could play a LARGE  PART to do with Ebay's response to the matter at hand.Yet I am not allowed to urge people to look into things for themselves.

If we want to play that game there is a larger chance that you are associated with the OP or actually are him.Considering you're from Chicago and have a name that is from the same background like the OP is(You will surely twist this out of perspective but oh well). Joined here around the time the OP stopped posting and was banned from another site for scamming and also have the desire to be a interwebs superstar :D

Lastly considering that you are a big enough troll to be mentioned here http://bolognesebrescia.blog.com/  and a few other rants about trolls. I can CLEARLY see why you have no interest in the FACTS here.So go ahead and TROLL away  :blah:

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #816 on: December 04, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »
Well he is known here as Corner not Guy, I did put Guy on my reply because of those links.

So are you saying that he doctored the replies? because it's obvious not just by his account, but by Siglent's responses, that a counterfeit claim was issued. Are you insinuating that's not the case?

Sorry, couldn't recall his full username and your post happened to be the first one on the reply page. Honest simple mistake.

No, I'm not saying he doctored anything, just pointing out contradictions in his story.
I never said, or mention legal action yet and haven't even reach the point to cross that bridge yet, or considering it yet. If I was, I am not going to discuss the matter on this forum that for sure. Let them try to make it right first, which require more time then 2 days.
From a screenshot (http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/retropcdos/media/Untitled_zpsvne9h4fe.jpg.html) he provided before he made the above claim:

Sure, he could be talking about something else but let's be realistic. Also, another? Like RobertBG said, it speaks to character.

Based on her message ("I didn't see you marked your item as a used one"), I am going to assume the same person who sent the notice to ebay also sent the PMs to him. At no point did they/she require he increase the price. She asked nicely, but again, she was confused. Is it hard to believe she was told "We don't allow resellers to advertise below MSRP" and her not realizing it does not apply to used items? She asked for a serial number to verify it was not fake, but I don't see a demand to raise the price, so anyone thinking this is a case of illegal price fixing is flat out wrong. Yes, she did not receive enough training, missed the fact it was listed as Used and made a mistake. But the huge backlash from this forum, based entirely on assumptions was crazy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:31:44 pm by mackek2 »

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #817 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:09 pm »
Also, I have no connection to Siglent (don't even own any gear), no connection to RobertBG or OldSchoolTechCorner and have no vested interest in any of this. I just thought this was ridiculous and wanted to comment.

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #818 on: December 04, 2015, 06:53:22 pm »
Oh boy.  I suppose the next claim will be that the O.P. faked the screenshot of the email.

Claiming that the action to prevent sale had been triggered by too low a price and suggesting it should be raised is attempted price fixing, and illegal in most jurisdictions and unethical everywhere.  Ignorance of the law is no defence.

Why did Siglent want to know the serial number?  Its reasonable to suppose that they wanted to check it against their registration database and dealer inventory.  If it wasn't policy to do so, why would a staff member ask for it?  If it was policy for such Ebay listings, what would that info allow them to do?  Speculatively, could certain selected dealers have a sweetheart arrangement where Siglent let them fix small problems in-house and then dump the unit on Ebay with no aftersales support rather than ship it back to China or resell it as 'dealer refurbished' with support?

Offline mackek2

• Contributor
« Reply #819 on: December 04, 2015, 06:56:49 pm »
No, the low price is what made them suspect it was counterfeit. I'd guess the requirements that ebay has for a verified rights owner is to certify that they believe an item is counterfeit to the best of their knowledge.

A serial number would prove it was not counterfeit, simple as that.

Again, I don't think you know what price fixing is. It is collusion by competitors to artificially inflate the price of a commodity.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:08:53 pm by mackek2 »

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #820 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:23 pm »
Doesn't matter if a serial number would prove it's not counterfeit. It's not his job to prove it's not. It's Siglent's job to prove it is. If they can't do that, they can piss off.

As I said farther up this thread, Siglent weren't involved in this at all until they shoved themselves in. Just because their name is on the front panel doesn't mean they get any control. Nobody owes them a serial number.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #821 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:57 pm »
A serial number would prove it was not counterfeit, simple as that.
Siglent is a bottom of the barrel brand so which sane person would even think of counterfeiting it? Counterfeiting Siglent equipment is like counterfeiting $1 underwear from Walmart  :palm:
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #822 on: December 04, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »
.He is just stating that what you state as a fact is indeed just your opinion.

How is it an attack?

Actually the facts where stated previously and never answered.

He was just nice enough to take what was stated as a opinion and manipulate it to look like I said it as a fact. Standard troll technique here lol

Are you going to say that you also did not attack and accuse me of being a member at another site?Or that I had a personal beef with him?All of wich I am more than willing to disprove at the benefit of the community.

Did you also not take a a mistake that I typed and try manipulate it and use it to clear the OP's image?Tell me why you are so vested in clearing up someones image who is tied to MULTIPLE internet deals of questionable integrity?That is a FACT that could play a LARGE  PART to do with Ebay's response to the matter at hand.Yet I am not allowed to urge people to look into things for themselves.

If we want to play that game there is a larger chance that you are associated with the OP or actually are him.Considering you're from Chicago and have a name that is from the same background like the OP is(You will surely twist this out of perspective but oh well). Joined here around the time the OP stopped posting and was banned from another site for scamming and also have the desire to be a interwebs superstar :D

Lastly considering that you are a big enough troll to be mentioned here http://bolognesebrescia.blog.com/  and a few other rants about trolls. I can CLEARLY see why you have no interest in the FACTS here.So go ahead and TROLL away  :blah:

from that last link, the only mention of my name was in this context.

Received interesting, factual and straightforward answers to topics I started from users like “benjamin545?, “ConKbot”, “rs20?, “miguelvp” (he seems to bravely continue the thread “OV5640 hack”), “c4757p”.

As for me being the same person or associated because I'm in Chicago. It's a huge city and I don't know the fellow.

As for me assuming you were a member from that site, well, it's just that an assumption on my part not an attack. Because normally people wouldn't go dig on the interwebs about members, but I guess you like to do that :)

Also I have no idea what do you mean as the same background, Interest on electronics perhaps?  :-//

My interest in this topic is about being able to sell my used equipment if I do ever decide to purchase a Siglent product (which I don't have yet, I'm very happy with my Rigol, Tek and HP equipment) without having the company take down my listing if I ever needed to sell it for whatever reason at whatever price.

Anyways, keep on digging, I'll be around doing this:
 :popcorn:

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #823 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »
He also CLEARLY marked the item sold here on the EEVblog on the 17th https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/siglent-sdg5122-function-arbitrary-waveform-generator-120mhz-mint/

Yet the add on Ebay that was marked "NEW OTHER" by him can clearly be seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siglent-SDG5122-sdg5000-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-120MHz-MINT-/111776417161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&nma=true&si=sybSukV5u0bihY9ch%252FzvHx2eaVI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold!!
posted by him on the 17th yet the ebay add was still up?  :-DD

So PLEASE tell me how a item that was already sold here could still be for sale on  ebay?

SERIOUSLY people LOOK for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:17:03 pm by RobertBG »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #824 on: December 04, 2015, 07:11:54 pm »
Speculatively, could certain selected dealers have a sweetheart arrangement where Siglent let them fix small problems in-house and then dump the unit on Ebay with no aftersales support rather than ship it back to China or resell it as 'dealer refurbished' with support?
Why speculate  :palm:
There are internal processes for repair/refurbishment with heaps of paperwork to document repairs and keep records.
C'mon guys keep to the facts and if you have no f***ing idea ....ask.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf