Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 347942 times)

Offline ulix

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #750 on: November 19, 2015, 02:04:21 pm »
Was there some follow up? Some more infos from siglent? or are they only waiting to forget?
I thought the someone (the ceo) from siglent will visit dave?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:43:46 pm by ulix »

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #751 on: November 19, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »
or are they only waiting to forget?

Most people are silent once caught lying and cheating.   :palm:

Offline ulix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »
I hoped Dave would shed some light on this....

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2015, 04:19:05 pm »
or are they only waiting to forget?

Most people are silent once caught lying and cheating.   :palm:

Not just people ;-)

Offline smbaker

• Regular Contributor
    • Scott's Electronics & Sandrail & Old BBS Game Blog
« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2015, 04:32:39 pm »
An avid follower of this thread, I bought my first Siglent (SDG1025) last week despite their bad behavior. I guess they got me on features and price.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »
Was there some follow up? Some more infos from siglent? or are they only waiting to forget?
I thought the someone (the ceo) from siglent will visit dave?
AFAIK a visit to EEVblog will still happen.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #756 on: November 19, 2015, 09:13:30 pm »
Yes we all know there is no fake Siglents on the market ...
But have we not heard reports (generally, not Siglent in particular) about workers running the "production line" after hours and producing "counterfeit" goods that were exactly like "genuine" items except perhaps for the official serial number sticker?

Is this only an urban legend?  Or perhaps not for high-price items like major test equipment?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #757 on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »
I hoped Dave would shed some light on this....

I know nothing more abut it than anybody else.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #758 on: November 19, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »
But have we not heard reports (generally, not Siglent in particular) about workers running the "production line" after hours and producing "counterfeit" goods that were exactly like "genuine" items except perhaps for the official serial number sticker?
Is this only an urban legend?

No, it's real, they are called Ghost Runs.
Whether it happens at Siglent or other makers no one knows.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #759 on: November 20, 2015, 08:51:25 pm »
Did the CEO visit you yet or was it called off?

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #760 on: November 20, 2015, 08:58:17 pm »
There is still ten days left in November.......
We will just have to wait and see.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline wan hung lo

« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2015, 12:57:55 pm »
Mister YOLO explained the case thoroughly.  :-DD
Sorry, but Siglent is no-no for me, just like the FTDI and some other malicious companies.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2015, 01:30:59 pm »
Mister YOLO explained the case thoroughly.  :-DD
Sorry, but Siglent is no-no for me, just like the FTDI and some other malicious companies.

If I get the time today; I'll watch that video...
Sue AF6LJ

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »
Although I admire the guy for what he's built, all admiration is lost by their continued pathetic/fraudulent eBay defense, sad.   :--

Offline electrongeek

• Contributor
« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:58 pm »
I suspect Siglent has learned their lesson. As a maker and seller of pretty  good test gear at prices hobbyists can usually stomach, they need to be careful not to alienate people, particularly users of EEVblog. Their explanation of what happened sounds reasonable -  but of course conspiracy theorists  :scared: abound on the internet and just about anything can be painted with a darker color.

As for me, an SDG1025 for less than $300, which is resold by Lecroy for $1500 with trivial differences, is too good to pass up -conspiracy theories notwithstanding!

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #765 on: December 03, 2015, 07:20:51 pm »
I am surely going to be unpopular but as a long time lurker of the forum I finally signed up.

OldSchoolTechCorner:Could you please define the word perjury for me? 
It perjury at that point and that alone will get you in serious trouble.

It is perjury, no questions about that and used for price fixing. 

Yes all the time, I made some, as well as anyone else will, but this was done deliberately for price fixing and to monopolize the marketplace for your distributor's and quite illegal and also perjury

This next quote is a clear case of you taking a statement made by a company who was trying to make things right and CLEARLY twisting it around to fit your personal agenda.No where did they ever state that you where trying to sell a item that you purchased and where trying to sell it as if you had it for 30 days.They where simply stating a company policy that is a benefit to the community and end user.You simply took what you wanted from the statement and twisted it to fit your agenda and further slander the company over what appears to be a somewhat honest mistake.I may be wrong here but it is clear that you have never had a young over zealous employee work for you.

Quote from: Siglent America on October 25, 2015, 03:56:52 AM

All,

I just communicated with the CEO of Siglent an the head of our European operations. They are both based at our factory in Shenzhen, China. I now have a more accurate description of how and why this happened:

Siglent has been seeing "brown market" equipment sold on eBay, Alibaba, Amazon and other sites. In other words, these sales have been through "unauthorized" dealers. This is not illegal, as far as I know.
    The problem that this has been causing, and we have seen here in the USA, is that these companies do no support our customers after the sale. They do not have our latest firmware, news on issues, fixes, access to Engineering, etc. I know we occasionally get asked for a new feature or some spec that has not been published and we are able to get these from Engineering in Shenzhen.
    I have seen this same problem happen when I have worked for other test equipment companies. it doesn't only happen to us.

In North America we offer a 30-day right to return an instrument if the customer is not happy for any reason at all. If they want to return the unit, the customer contacts the dealer from which it was purchased and the dealer issues them an RMA number and a refund upon return of the item. Remember, the dealer has the customer's money, not Siglent.

The customer can then return the unit and we issue the distributor credit for their dealer price. The dealer then returns the unit to Siglent America at that point for credit.

These brown-market companies would not be able to offer this return policy.

It was confirmed to me that our employee completely missed the USED notation on the Ebay ad, which we all suspected.
    Our actions were not to "fix prices" (even if we could) or anything else but to protect our customers from purchasing a brown-market instrument that did not carry the 30-day return or support from our reps and distributors in North America provide. In our attempt to do the "right thing" we have unfortunately angered many people.

What we will do:
    I have recommended that we post on all Siglent websites a notice that warns everyone of potential brown-market dealers and WHY we are warning them - namely, little or no support.
    I have also recommended that we immediately stop this practice of actively looking for brown-market distributors. Maybe we should post a list of identified ones on our web site? How does everyone feel is we could (or should?) do this?

At that point, if a buyers still wishes to purchase from one of these unauthorized dealers then it is totally their right and freedom to do so. They will not be protected by our North American distributor's 30 day money back guarantee. We will also not have a record of that unit so we will not be able to contact them regarding any updates, upgrades, etc.

Again, I know that some people will refuse to accept this or any other explanation and apology. For others, we know that our methods were wrong and we apologize. We had good intentions for you, the customer, and for our authorized dealer network. Our mistake has cost us customers and sales. We will do our best to regain your trust and move forward.

I will be contacting this customer personally this afternoon or evening.

Sincerely,
    Steve Barfield
    Siglent Technologies America

PS - I was just now informed by text that we have already contacted eBay and apologized. We have unfrozen the customer's account.

Misinformed again

It wasn't a item that was purchase by mistake and only had for 30 days and try to sell it as new. It was a item I have for almost a couple of years I clearly listed as used but in mint condition with no original box and did have the lasted firmware installed, but doesn't apply here as was clearly being sold as used and not as new. So clearly not a brown-market instrument. Yes from Siglent admission in plain text in PM to manipulating the market and to change the price.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:10:05 AM by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Furthermore in your attack you made notes of how there was very few used products on ebay and inferred that they have used this as a malicious attack on others with absolutely no proof whatsoever.Yet if you looked at the numbers of the other brands listed you'd clearly see that there are other new companies that had double the new listings for sale yet they have even less used equipment listed.What you seem to have failed to realize is that the companies with a lot of used products have also been in business for YEARS.

Now English is far from being my strong point.But you have made tons of mistakes in your 15 minutes of fame trashing this company yet it is completely possible that their mistake came from their lack of English.I find it quite ironic to be honest,you dont happen to live in a glass house do you?

I'm sure the conspiracy theories will come about from my post and the fact I just registered and I'm surely not going to win any popularity contests on here lol......... I seriously wonder how big of a issue this would have been if everyone didn't know about the CEO coming to visit Dave?Or the fact that they are a sponsor of the program?Surely you didnt have any reason to blow things out of proportion here did you?

Lastly while you are learning the meaning of perjury you'd be VERY wise to educate yourself on the terms slander and libel ;)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #766 on: December 03, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

OldSchoolTechCorner was unjustly affected by Siglent's actions, pure and simple.
Siglent have apologised and explained and as a token of their embarrsment have offered him a gift.

Furthermore, explanation of their actions is near the end of Daves vid:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-826-siglent-ceo-eric-qin-visits-the-eevblog-lab/

While some will never be happy with this episode of Siglent's history, they realise they've cocked up and they've fronted up.  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #767 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:19 pm »
@RobertBG, you don't appear to have educated yourself on the nature of the action that Siglent initiated, and their significant legal implications.
Perhaps you also need to study the situation more before offering us your opinions.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #768 on: December 03, 2015, 08:14:22 pm »
@RobertBG, you don't appear to have educated yourself on the nature of the action that Siglent initiated, and their significant legal implications.
Perhaps you also need to study the situation more before offering us your opinions.

Actually I did waste quite a bit of my time reading all 52 pages and I surely expected such a  remark.I appreciate your concern but considering the fact that I own and operate a business that has dealings on 3 continents including China,has issues with Ebay infringements such as this daily with my product and others that I carry as a authorized distributor.I am well versed in the matter at hand.

With a few misplaced clicks on the employees part things can go VERY wrong very quickly yet they can take days and or weeks to clear up.But that does not give someone the right to go to town making FALSE accusations on a public forum about them,especially when they where making a valid attempt to clear the matter up.

I guess in most peoples opinions here 2 wrongs do make a right.I honestly think he's pretty lucky because if he continued to throw FALSE and UNFOUNDED  accusations towards me and the livelihood of myself and my employees after attempting to remedy the situation the only employee of mine he'd be speaking with would've been my attorney.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #769 on: December 03, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »
I'm even feeling a bit better about Siglent now after seeing the CEO's take on this. And yet...

I guess in most peoples opinions here 2 wrongs do make a right.I honestly think he's pretty lucky because if he continued to throw FALSE and UNFOUNDED  accusations towards me and the livelihood of myself and my employees after attempting to remedy the situation the only employee of mine he'd be speaking with would've been my attorney.

People who throw lawyers around don't deserve to be listened to. :=\ Keep your attorney to yourself and fight words with words, not unfair, unbalanced legal force.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #770 on: December 03, 2015, 09:02:21 pm »
Yes. No time for lawyers. Just remember - YOLO!

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #771 on: December 03, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »

Actually I did waste quite a bit of my time reading all 52 pages and I surely expected such a  remark.I appreciate your concern but considering the fact that I own and operate a business that has dealings on 3 continents including China,has issues with Ebay infringements such as this daily with my product and others that I carry as a authorized distributor.I am well versed in the matter at hand.

With a few misplaced clicks on the employees part things can go VERY wrong very quickly yet they can take days and or weeks to clear up.But that does not give someone the right to go to town making FALSE accusations on a public forum about them,especially when they where making a valid attempt to clear the matter up.

So are you contending that his trying to sell a used piece of gear was an infringement?  And it seems that perhaps were more than 'a few misplaced clicks' involved in the complaint to eBay.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #772 on: December 03, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »
The big mistake here you make is thinking a company is not responsible for what it's employees do. It is actually the other way around: a company is always responsible in the first place. Take VW or the banks that jacked up the Libor interest rates for example: they are not getting away with 'we didn't know what our employees where doing so please don't give us a fine'. Individual employees seldomly get prosecuted!

Also: a hostile (attorney) approach seldomly works in your advantage. People see you throwing mud around and will avoid you no matter what is true or false. Siglent did the only right thing they could do: get out in the open, try to make it right and take the heat whether is was deserved or not.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:03:28 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #773 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:18 am »
The big mistake here you make is thinking a company is not responsible for what it's employees do. It is actually the other way around: a company is always responsible in the first place. Take VW or the banks that jacked up the Libor interest rates for example: they are not getting away with 'we didn't know what our employees where doing so please don't give us a fine'. Individual employees seldomly get prosecuted!

Also: a hostile (attorney) approach seldomly works in your advantage. People see you throwing mud around and will avoid you no matter what is true or false. Siglent did the only right thing they could do: get out in the open, try to make it right and take the heat whether is was deserved or not.

I never said the company was not responsible for it's employees actions but seriously it takes days just to go back and forth with people in China because of the time difference.What could be handled on the same continent in a matter of hours via email takes time when the person on the other end is getting your correspondence from today the next morning.This guy CLEARLY SHOWED no interest in resolving the issue.He looked like he was out for revenge and wanted to create a shit storm.Possibly to further his youtube channel and personal agenda.It is also clear that a LOT of you feel that he was justified in his actions,yet you so kindly twisted my words when I pointed out the fact that YOU FELT  that 2 wrongs made things right here.

I knew I wouldn't be popular for posting what I did and that was apparent by the way people where ignored and ostracized for saying things like hey,lets at least give them a chance to resolve this and make it right.

Yes he was affected in a negative way but this did not give him the right to go about slandering the company filling the web with false accusations like he did.

Anyway the jury is still out on his definition of perjury.

Last but not least,how on earth do the majority of people posting here feel that he was justified in slandering and throwing out false unfounded accusations?It's not like the company didnt take this issue seriously.It's not like they didnt fix the problem and try to do something to make things right here and this was after his continued attacks and lack of willingness to at least give them a chance to make it right.

Offline RobertBG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #774 on: December 04, 2015, 03:06:43 am »
I'm even feeling a bit better about Siglent now after seeing the CEO's take on this. And yet...

People who throw lawyers around don't deserve to be listened to. :=\ Keep your attorney to yourself and fight words with words, not unfair, unbalanced legal force.

If that is how you feel then you really should think twice about listening to the OP here.Take a look here and see who is throwing the threat of taking legal actions after he was banned for scamming http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/retrodos-retropcdos-drmr2000.]http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/retrodos-retropcdos-drmr2000

If you would spend 5 min on google looking into this guy and some of the scams he's ran on ebay and other sites you'd probably change your point of view VERY quickly
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:21:35 am by RobertBG »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf