Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 340145 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #650 on: October 29, 2015, 01:02:50 am »
Get that sucker listed on ebay!

:-+ :-+ :-+
My list is US$1640 and with CATII 1000V and CATIII 600V full isolation and 3 year warranty what would he replace it with?

Just asking?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #651 on: October 29, 2015, 01:39:03 am »
Anything non-Siglent of course.

More then anything it was a joke, I was thinking he should really list it before they start killing auctions again.

The OP may have been bought off with a scope, the rest of us are free to have a bench that is "Siglent Free".
VE7FM

Offline OldSchoolTechCornerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #652 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:59 am »
Get that sucker listed on ebay!

:-+ :-+ :-+
My list is US$1640 and with CATII 1000V and CATIII 600V full isolation and 3 year warranty what would he replace it with?

Just asking?

It good specs for what it is, so zero reason to sell it and was already looking for a good isolated handheld scope way before this mess.

Wasn't bought off, as didn't even ask, they offer it and without asking any demands. Plus eBay already restricted them due to what they did. So they won't be likely doing the same anymore.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:27:41 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #653 on: October 29, 2015, 02:28:16 am »
..Don't turn it on; take it apart?
 :popcorn:

That coming soon, when I have more time.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #654 on: October 29, 2015, 02:58:49 am »
Good outcome,  now isn't there a 3458a awaiting? And a nice isolated scope would be very helpful! ?
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2015, 03:11:45 am »
Good outcome,  now isn't there a 3458a awaiting? And a nice isolated scope would be very helpful! ?

That HP 3458a is next project, after I finish the 2465, which is working and fixed HV issue now just have to fix channel 2 issues, just have to replace channel 2 pre-amp IC, which I already ordered. All other channels works and then will start on the HP 3458A, which really want to start on. There will be a another huge detail thread on the 3458A, as doing a full rebuilt like TiN did recently. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:24:47 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #656 on: October 29, 2015, 03:46:35 am »
Of course it was just a joke  |O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #657 on: October 29, 2015, 04:08:32 am »
Of course it was just a joke  |O

What kind of funny was at first they were going to sent me a another SDG2122X to sell even, but told them I had bought one already and whole reason I sold the older model arbitrary function generator in the first place. So they told me you can sell it on eBay then and I laugh about that. Then they offer the scope instead and since had a good mixed signal bench scope already and don't really care for the Siglent SDS1000X, or SDS2000 scopes, just when with a handheld instead, as was looking already for a decent isolated scope.

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2015, 05:21:26 am »
It's very common for chinese companies to sell in china at a much lower price than in western countries.
That only works if those companies can somehow control who sells their products, otherwise someone could buy products in china and sell them in the US at the chinese price. This is a price control scheme.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #659 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:15 am »
It seems the people at Siglent have realised they have made a very big mistake!
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #660 on: October 29, 2015, 09:55:18 am »

I think they lost quite a few customers because of these shananigans...  :popcorn:

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #661 on: October 29, 2015, 10:35:24 am »

That most certainly was no mistake, and they very likely knew very well what they did.

However, it seems they managed to come off pretty easy this time, so good for them.

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #662 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:28 am »
It's very common for chinese companies to sell in china at a much lower price than in western countries.
That only works if those companies can somehow control who sells their products, otherwise someone could buy products in china and sell them in the US at the chinese price. This is a price control scheme.
The easy solution to that one is two models, differing only in the front panel markings and the language in the GUI.  If the front panel is exclusively marked in Chinese and the GUI doesn't support any other language, it wont be worth much outside China.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #663 on: October 29, 2015, 11:26:51 am »

That most certainly was no mistake, and they very likely knew very well what they did.

However, it seems they managed to come off pretty easy this time, so good for them.

They knew and took it as being OK was the sad part and somehow it was policy pretty much for them. The chinese HQ makes the decision's, go figure.  eBay is not taking any claims serious from them anymore as a result and then next time it get worst. They have products sold in china that not available here, as they have a separate Website.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:28:48 am by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #664 on: October 29, 2015, 11:30:58 am »

This is exactly why I believe they did it and took it as OK and pretty much admit to it.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #665 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:05 am »
Clarification: Their mistake is thinking that what they did is OK.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #666 on: October 29, 2015, 11:58:17 am »
Just found this:

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1107.0

"Several eBay sellers them receive email notification due eBay company that their product listings them have now be deleted because some one reported these products as to be fakes.

In this marketing game SIGLENT CEO manager and several SIGLENT marketing employes now scanning eBay listings all day long and them continue to declare any SIGLENT product listing as fake.
Due their blind passion for revenge, they even started filling complains even about used-products ... "

Don't know how reliable this source is but if this is true then it seems to be far from the single mistake Siglent has claimed it was, plus they also seem to do the same in Europe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:00:57 pm by Wuerstchenhund »

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #667 on: October 29, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »
That was written a day after this thread started. This thread may be his only source. I think that's actually a former member here, if I remember correctly.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #668 on: October 29, 2015, 01:10:24 pm »
That was written a day after this thread started. This thread may be his only source. I think that's actually a former member here, if I remember correctly.

He IS a an ex-member of the forum. Got banned eventually. I always thought he would make a second account here.

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #669 on: October 29, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »

He IS a an ex-member of the forum. Got banned eventually. I always thought he would make a second account here.

I see, didn't know that, but the fact that he didn't list any sources looked a bit suspicious.

I had a look at his forum, it seems to be mostly a poor man's blog with some crude opinions and a few facts wrong (i.e. the LeCroy WaveStation 2052 is not a rebadged Siglent SDG2000X).

However, there's a chance that with the Siglent story he might actually be right. There's still a striking lack of used Siglent gear on ebay Europe.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2015, 01:40:41 pm »
Te URL did sound like an european offitial thing, but man, this is sad:

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #671 on: October 29, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »
Read his forum rules, this one stood out.

2) All approved members them are obligated to support this Blog by a PayPal donation as soon their membership this is accepted

Then

For visitors who wish to contribute by donation and do not need a forum membership you may use this link bellow.
https://www.paypal.com/ Donate to ITTSB Blog

The above explains this below.

39 Guests, 1 User

Users active in past 60 minutes:
Kiriakos GR

I don't think it's a donation when forcing people to pay to become a member, more of a registration fee at that point and then to steal someone thread and reword it, to attract attention, is not good.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:26:54 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Offline marber

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #672 on: October 29, 2015, 02:35:48 pm »
I think that is a good compensation for your loss of time and your problems. I am not sure it repairs their reputation though. I am a customer of Siglent's and I might or might not buy something made by them again. Time will tell.

<devil's advocate>
I actually suspect that most people who have been asserting on this thread to never EVER buy from Siglent again, will reverse their position the moment the next piece of highly "bang for buck" Siglent test equipment becomes available that fits their needs or they just desire. :) Sure, Siglent will have taken a bit of a hit from this, but in the end their customer base are largely hobbyists and smaller entities that do care about cost effectiveness and neat technical tools more than some principle issue that didn't really affect them directly. And there's pretty much only Rigol competing in roughly the same league...

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #673 on: October 29, 2015, 02:38:56 pm »
I think that is a good compensation for your loss of time and your problems. I am not sure it repairs their reputation though. I am a customer of Siglent's and I might or might not buy something made by them again. Time will tell.

<devil's advocate>
I actually suspect that most people who have been asserting on this thread to never EVER buy from Siglent again, will reverse their position the moment the next piece of highly "bang for buck" Siglent test equipment becomes available that fits their needs or they just desire. :)

And there's pretty much only Rigol competing in roughly the same league...

You summarized my attitude.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #674 on: October 29, 2015, 02:42:46 pm »
While Never Ever is a long time, Siglent and Rigol don't fit into what I have set as standards for test equipment in the first place.  I give Siglent credit for doing the right thing, we shall see how they behave in the future.
Sue AF6LJ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf