Author Topic: My poor mans SMU - The Agilent 66311B  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Veketti

• Regular Contributor
Re: My poor mans SMU - The Agilent 66311B
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2024, 05:16:29 pm »
I will upload my version that add some features (nothing interesting)  taken from the other program that the same user did. Like the option to set a display text. I also fix a bug. I probably will fork the code from the repo if it is not archived.
I really thing we should develop slightly the program ro improve the layout and add the missing features anyway.

This would be awesome! I'm looking forward to it.  :-+

There are a very well written programs here:

https://github.com/Niravk1997/663x2A-663xB-661xC-System-DC-Power-Supply-Software

https://github.com/Niravk1997/DC-Power-Efficiency-Measurement-Software

I'm not sure, but I think these wouldn't work as these softwares seem to be serial only and like vaualbus stated  these five digit series are GPIB only...

Offline vaualbus

• Frequent Contributor
Re: My poor mans SMU - The Agilent 66311B
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2024, 09:23:03 pm »
By the way this fake 6619d is a common thing I guess!
I had bought a suppose broken 66319d from eBay for 120 bucks, I than realised, even before getting the item, that was FAKE as hell. The serial number was matching a serial number of another unit that is in another listing on eBay!
When it arrived it missed the additional board but did no have any modification as first glance.
I was able to ship back the unit and get a broken 66319b instead that is "real". Sold as broken turn out the main flat cable connecting the CPU to the power board was not plugged correctly!!

So the real question is what the hell people were doing with this unit? In my case apparently it was coming from a trust source!
So in general I would ask for an internal picture before buying any of this PSU as it is easy to "cheat" the model!

Also in my new unit, the back panel serial number did not match what the instrument is reporting. Now the big question is what is right between the two? Maybe the CPU board got swapped I guess.

Next thing I will do is move the DVM board from my 66309d into this unit to convert it to a 66319d.  :-DD
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 09:26:39 pm by vaualbus »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf