Author Topic: Any Siglent sds 1202x-e owners here? (last Fw question)  (Read 1653 times)

Offline CharlotteSwissTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Any Siglent sds 1202x-e owners here? (last Fw question)
« on: November 24, 2023, 12:53:49 pm »
I recently updated this oscilloscope to the latest revision (1.3.27). In the review notes, they list 'optimization of the USB stick when inserted into the PC'. With Fw 1.3.26 when I inserted the key into the PC after saving files from the oscilloscope, a warning told me that the key had problems and needed to be analysed. With Fw 1.3.27 same problem. Have any of you experienced this situation?
Nothing has changed here...  :-//

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Any Siglent sds 1202x-e owners here? (last Fw question)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 01:01:48 pm »
I recently updated this oscilloscope to the latest revision (1.3.27). In the review notes, they list 'optimization of the USB stick when inserted into the PC'. With Fw 1.3.26 when I inserted the key into the PC after saving files from the oscilloscope, a warning told me that the key had problems and needed to be analysed. With Fw 1.3.27 same problem. Have any of you experienced this situation?
Did you try with a freshly formatted USB ?
Format it to FAT32 with 4k clusters.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 04:23:40 pm »
USB drive size can be an issue sometimes as well, use a small one if you can, 4GB or so
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 05:50:02 pm »
Did you try with a freshly formatted USB ?
Format it to FAT32 with 4k clusters.

Certainly. Tried with different keys. When I insert the stick into the PC it warns that it has problems and needs to be corrected. The problem was obviously already present in previous fw. I would like to understand what those at Siglent solved (since they say so in the notes of Fw 1.3.27).

USB drive size can be an issue sometimes as well, use a small one if you can, 4GB or so

Tried any size, different manufacturers of USB sticks (from 1Gb to 16Gb), always the same problem.

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 08:14:36 am »
Well, I'm all out of suggestions... paging tv84!   :-DD

Has it caused any functionality problems with the scope? I didn't have any issues when I last updated mine, though that was a few months ago. Just checked and it is 1.3.27, with the OS version being 8-1, the FPGA version 2019-06-12, and the HW version 00-02.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 08:21:58 am »

Has it caused any functionality problems with the scope? I didn't have any issues when I last updated mine, though that was a few months ago. Just checked and it is 1.3.27, with the OS version being 8-1, the FPGA version 2019-06-12, and the HW version 00-02.

It's because the Print (screen) file has no timestamp so some PC's complain. My W10 PC does.
New FW is supposed to remedy this  :-//

Just getting setup to do some checks about this as our new units need FW updating before dispatch.
Hopefully I'll have something to report in an hour.

FFS it's still broken !  :horse:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:47:02 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding, robert.rozee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 11:33:56 am »

Then I'll check my version. It doesn't cause problems for the oscilloscope, but it's not nice that every time I remove the key from the Siglent, as soon as I insert it into the PC I'm told to analyze/correct it. Since in the history of the latest Fw they list this problem as 'optimized', I wanted some feedback  :popcorn:

It's because the Print (screen) file has no timestamp so some PC's complain. My W10 PC does.
New FW is supposed to remedy this  :-//

Just getting setup to do some checks about this as our new units need FW updating before dispatch.
Hopefully I'll have something to report in an hour.

FFS it's still broken !  :horse:

Now that you talked about win10 (I'm having the problem on win8), I'll try to see on win 11 (I'm trying it). If you hear about the issue, please update us  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf