Author Topic: Siglent SPD3303X Power Supply turn off and on all the time  (Read 2622 times)

Hexley, Constantin and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jrgandaraTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Good soldering!
Siglent SPD3303X Power Supply turn off and on all the time
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:49:04 am »
Hello!

I saw DaveĀ“s review for this power supply and I bought one some years ago. Worked fine until two months ago. No it will turn off by herself and turn back on again. in the beginning it turned off and back on immediately. But now the time to turn back on again is getting longer and longer. I remove the cover and search for bad contacts without luck. The AC is passing by the switch and reaching the transformer. Looks like the problem is in the controller board. In the back of the front panel (top right corner) there are two TO-220 component which feels a little warm, even when the PS is dead. Eventually it will turn on again and work for some minutes or maybe hours and turn off again. Somebody else with this problem? Where to get the schematics or maybe a service manual for this equipment? Send it abroad for service is not an option here in Brazil. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you!
[]s

JR

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SPD3303X Power Supply turn off and on all the time
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 02:44:42 am »
Interesting.
Have you worked through the Hardware troubleshooting section in the Service manual ?
https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2019/08/SPD3000X-Series-Service-Manual.pdf
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: jrgandara

• Contributor
  • Good soldering!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 04:43:29 am »
I did not know that this manual was available for download! I'll perform the hardware troubleshooting and then I'll comment what I find. Thank you!
[]s

JR

• Contributor
  • Good soldering!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 03:41:58 am »
I checked the "Service manual" and all the voltages are going OK to the main board. There is some problem with this board since when it is off and I force one of it's connectors the power supply comes back to live. But in question of seconds it will goes off again. This called service manual is not really a service manual. There is not schematic or block diagram.

Any possibility of someone have the real service manual for this power supply? This document say oif the voltages are ok the PCB should be replaced. Well, this can be easy since you are not in Brazil. Importing a PCB replacement like this could cost as much as someone living in US buying a brand new PS due to import taxes.

Any ideas?
[]s

JR

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:07:00 am »
I checked the "Service manual" and all the voltages are going OK to the main board. There is some problem with this board since when it is off and I force one of it's connectors the power supply comes back to live. But in question of seconds it will goes off again. This called service manual is not really a service manual. There is not schematic or block diagram.

Any possibility of someone have the real service manual for this power supply? This document say oif the voltages are ok the PCB should be replaced. Well, this can be easy since you are not in Brazil. Importing a PCB replacement like this could cost as much as someone living in US buying a brand new PS due to import taxes.

Any ideas?
That screams a dry/cracked joint to me. Have you carefully checked the soldering near this connector ?
BTW, the service manual linked is all that's available as I've tried to get schematics of the output stages but none are available.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

• Contributor
  • Good soldering!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 02:28:26 pm »
I checked everything with magnifying glass. I even resoldered the connectors and most of the solders and nothing. This "service manual" is useless for any problem in the main board. I sent an e-mail to Siglent U.S. and still no answers. The big problem for me is be in Brazil where we don't have any support from Siglent. This power supply is very heavy and ship for another country for service is not an option. Probably will cost almost as inporting a new one. Everything we import here over U$50 will add a 92% extortion fee from the government with the shipping costs included. 

I'm stuck. :-BROKE
[]s

JR

Offline Alexandre1978

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 12:30:04 pm »
Hi,
I'm encountering exactly the same problem. PSU switching randomly Off and On again.
Someone could solve the problem in the meantime ?

BR,
   Alexandre

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 07:22:25 pm »
Hi,
I'm encountering exactly the same problem. PSU switching randomly Off and On again.
Someone could solve the problem in the meantime ?

BR,
   Alexandre
It's a warranty failure.
I had one do this a few months back and Siglent sent us a new control PCB.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Alexandre1978

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 08:23:00 am »
Hi,
Many thanks for quick reply.
Already wrote to Siglent, hope will get reply soon.

BR,
   Alexandre

Offline gizzmonic

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 01:37:11 am »
its a small round bridge on the control board  with an output of 9vdc. As it heats it will slowly droop, when it drops to 3vdv it reboots.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:18:06 pm »
Thanks for the tip, finding that issue would have taken ages.
I had a SPD3303C with this issue, randomly turning on and off every few minutes, found no cracked solder joints, so I replaced the mentioned rectifier.
Maybe it's too small for the power, runs hot and eventually fails?
Anyways, I installed a larger rectifier with a heatsink, fixed with a long hex spacer.

Yet to see if it's fixed, but this was a so simple fix that I decided to go for it and test my luck.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:24:00 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf