Author Topic: ATTEN 1102cal proble when using trigger in single mode  (Read 194 times)

Offline iostrymTopic starter

ATTEN 1102cal proble when using trigger in single mode
« on: September 03, 2024, 09:53:40 am »
Hi everyone,

I read some stuff on this forum about ATTEN 1102CAL oscilloscope. I know original firmware may have problem but it's not mine and I can't update the firmware.

for instance here :
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/atten-ads1102cal-trigger-uncertaintyjitter-problem/

but it is very specific whereas i'm looking for doing something really evident.

I juste wanted to check because I would like to know if I'm facing a firmware bug problem or if I don't know how to use the oscilloscope.

In fact, I don't succeed to make the trigger working in "single" mode.

I want to display the rise of power up on a signal that will rise from 0v to 12V. I can display it at 0v, then I power up my circuit and I can see the signal at 12V.

I configured the trigger in single mode and I wanted the oscilloscope to trig when the voltage rise a bit. for instance I set the trigger at 1V. but in single mode, the trigger never trig...

do I miss something important ?

Re: ATTEN 1102cal proble when using trigger in single mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 10:27:40 pm »
I have seen this video :

I remember that ATTEN 1102cal has the same firmware than SDS1102CML+ (or SDS1102CNL?) so they are pretty identical.

what I have seen in this video is identical to what I have tried so I don't understand why it didn't work in single mode.

Re: ATTEN 1102cal proble when using trigger in single mode
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2024, 08:19:53 pm »
it worked, I guess I didn't correctly configure the trigger that has a AC or DC setting...

I successfully did a lot of observation but I don't succeed to do one.

do you know if I could observe a clock signal around 100 Mhz and trigger the 12V signal of the alimentation ? clock signal should be approx 3.3V

during my first observation I have the feeling that the clock signal generated a lot of noise on the other channel.

my goal is to observe the generation of the clock when the 12V is rising...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf