Author Topic: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's  (Read 861869 times)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's coming
« Reply #475 on: February 25, 2024, 12:16:29 pm »
you will be taxed the relevant 25% VAT of the total parcel-value including postage, plus a VAT-handling fee 24US/160DKK
man! thats alot worse than jizya or zakat..  what a blood sucking [...] ::)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Hydron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #476 on: February 25, 2024, 12:46:18 pm »
For all those worrying about how well black and beige/white test gear goes together I'd recommend investing in some brown-era Keithley gear to act as a middle shade.

Just skimmed this thread so far so apologies if this has been answered, but are the pictures of the 2 channel instruments with all 4 inputs populated correct? If so suggests that the 802 is the way to go if hackable to 4ch (and 2 more probes are worth less than 50eur to the buyer).

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #477 on: February 25, 2024, 04:33:39 pm »
For all those worrying about how well black and beige/white test gear goes together I'd recommend investing in some brown-era Keithley gear to act as a middle shade.

Just skimmed this thread so far so apologies if this has been answered, but are the pictures of the 2 channel instruments with all 4 inputs populated correct? If so suggests that the 802 is the way to go if hackable to 4ch (and 2 more probes are worth less than 50eur to the buyer).
No.

Attached from our promo pics.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #478 on: February 25, 2024, 05:41:43 pm »
Unless there is a significant financiel saving, or its an item you simply can't get through local sale vendor, don't use Aliexpress..

It's mind-bending the amount of rancid sellers I encounter there, and how misguided the Aliexpress dispute system is, to the point of encouraging scammers.
* Empty packages.
* Packages that hold something else, often something of no value whatsoever, and where it is obviously the seller is speculating in shipping that instead
* Put in fake trackingnumber from somebody else in your country, so Aliexpress own crude tracking check (or if you look it up yourself) it will look like it's on its way to your country.

The last one (*fake tracking numbers)  I experienced it as late as yesterday.
Purchased a small item at the start of February [8US) with a long shipping delay from the CN New Year lunar, and the seller kept saying he wanted more money, and I should go to some newly added shipping purchase listing, and purchase xx amount (of shipping) before he would ship it.. more or less hold your "purchase" as ransom.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006008858941.html?

But that ain't viable for people in Europe, as 1# you ain't covered by that extra expense, and 2# you will also pay VAT of that and something many sellers don't understand, not least all the ones that try to pay-you-back and wanna go outside of Aliexpress system, so the Aliexpress system doesn't hurt their store "rep" with disputes.

Yesterday 23-2-2024 the seller acted like he had shipped my item, by putting in a trackingnumber' that at first glance looks all fine & dandy in the Aliexpress tracking system, but when you then check that trackingnumber on sites that gives more detail, - it's an old used one from more than a month ago (January) from "Germany to Denmark" to somebody called Brian Andersen postalcode 9310, so the other side of the country.
https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LP00623752145032
They have an internal back catalog of tracking numbers' they can scam with.

Certainly something one needs to have in mind when dealing with sites like Aliexpress.. there is a lot of good honest sellers (like most places) but China is also one of the most corrupt countries on the globe https://images.indianexpress.com/2014/12/pti12_3_2014_000046b_kuma.jpg  - and the norm I often take for granted when dealing with stores & sellers, vary a lot there.

If it's an expensive item, and you can get it locally with not much mockup, it makes absolutely no sense to use sites like Aliexpress, - purchase it locally where you have support & often 2-year warranty or some aspect of it.
My experience is quite different. I must have in excess of 100 orders on AliExpress, large and small but nothing above €1k I don't think. One time I ordered a clone of a FLUKE process calibrator for what appeared to be a REALLY low price and sure enough, I never got it, despite being sent a trackingnumber 10 seconds after placing the order. But, I got the money back without any issues what so ever.

Many years ago I ordered some banana-plug leads and they turned out to be of the magnetic type - you get what you pay for. But never have I received an empty package or anything like that.

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #479 on: February 26, 2024, 10:59:40 am »
Only remaining question is which model to order: The price step from the 814 to the 824 is surprisingly high, relative to the scope's base price.

I thought the same. The price for the 200MHz SDS824X-HD, leaves a feeling of "proximity" between the 800 and 1000 prices.

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #480 on: February 26, 2024, 12:03:43 pm »
Only remaining question is which model to order: The price step from the 814 to the 824 is surprisingly high, relative to the scope's base price. Being on a hobby budget, I would not mind having only an unofficial upgrade to 200 MHz -- but will it work? Where's the "sitting here biting my fingernails" smiley?  :)

Just get the 804 and use the key generator to upgrade for 824. It is supposed to work. If you are cautious then wait a bit until more people have bought and reported success or failure.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #481 on: February 26, 2024, 01:51:58 pm »
I don't think that will work, or not "properly".
Maybe this is already a kind of protection against hacking.
So that you don't buy the smallest model and make it the largest "free".
And if you look at it more closely, what's 200€...
Two extended visits to a restaurant, of which you have nothing left the next day or the day after, in the truest sense of the word. ;)

"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: iMo

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #482 on: February 26, 2024, 02:22:51 pm »
I just ordered 1 x Siglent SDS804X HD 4CH 70MHz 12bit Oscilloscope for €409 with free shipping and got 5% off so paid €388.55.

From Siglent.eu?
https://www.siglent.eu/oscilloscopes/sds800x-series-new

All SDS8..X HD models are now "sold out" at siglent.eu. 

That link is password protected now. However I received a tracking code and mine is in the mail.

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2024, 02:34:20 pm »
I was to late. Yesterday I put one in my Siglent.eu-basket but hesitated too long  |O before check out. Now the basket is empty and the offer gone.
So I wait for the official sales start.  :popcorn:
„Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler.”
― Albert Einstein

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #484 on: February 26, 2024, 03:44:10 pm »
There are only 2 days left, but ask Batronix/Batterfly/Welectron if you can order in advance....
I pre-ordered my future scope from Batronix a month ago because I couldn't think of anyone else at the time.
The others are, like Siglent.Eu of course, also official distributors, so it should work there too.
I would always ask for a discount, or wait a minute...
Wait until Welectron lists the scopes, the discount coupon should apply to them plus you can still get 2% with prepayment.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Bad_Driver

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm »
Just tried it out on the 1204X-E, it works.
Should also work with the new scopes.
And then 2% at the checkout if you pay in advance.
To have or not to have... ;)
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: hallkbrdz

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2024, 06:18:55 pm »
Just tried it out on the 1204X-E, it works.
Should also work with the new scopes.
And then 2% at the checkout if you pay in advance.
To have or not to have... ;)

Siglent.eu also offers 5% discount. Maybe this is some standard deal from Siglent to all dealers?

I am not going to go for 2% for a bank transfer. Even though those are reputable dealers, you never know and credit card payment provides extra protection if the thing never arrives.

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2024, 06:01:57 am »
There are only 2 days left, but ask Batronix/Batterfly/Welectron if you can order in advance....
….
Wait until Welectron lists the scopes, the discount coupon should apply to them plus you can still get 2% with prepayment.

Yes, I’ll wait. All my gear is from Welectron and I will stay with them. But I got this strong weekend feeling to buy something new… I‘m sure you know what I mean  :phew:
„Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler.”
― Albert Einstein

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Mortymore, Martin72

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2024, 12:08:50 pm »
That link is password protected now. However I received a tracking code and mine is in the mail.

The site search at siglent.eu still finds the various specific SDS800X HD models, and their product pages are still available. Nice and detailed, with datasheets and manuals for download, but with the products "sold out" at the moment. E.g. https://www.siglent.eu/product/13555385/siglent-sds804x-hd-4ch-70mhz-12bit-oscilloscope.

I hope you will try to "upgrade" your 804 and report the results here!  :popcorn:

That is the plan. The scope is for the local makerspace. We do not really need the full bandwidth but it is a makerspace, so of course we have to try.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler, Muxr, Mortymore

Offline Rudgas

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2024, 12:34:34 pm »
The optional software upgrades should pop up in the shops upon release to give an indication what upgrade paths are available.

Offline Rudgas

« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2024, 09:23:25 pm »
For the 2000X HD the shop shows BW upgrade options  :-//

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2024, 10:14:55 pm »
In view of the very small price jumps within the model range, an optional bandwidth upgrade offer makes no sense.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 10:52:10 pm by Martin72 »
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline Rudgas

« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2024, 11:11:41 pm »
40% price increase from 100MHz -> 200MHz (And possibly 100MPts)

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2024, 11:15:20 pm »
Answers will be forthcoming, I'm sure.  They should  go on sale everywhere in the next day or so, then people will have them in their inquiring little hands just a few days later.  All will be revealed.

But speculations is fun too!  :-DD
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2024, 11:18:28 pm »
40% price increase from 100MHz -> 200MHz (And possibly 100MPts)

It was clear that this was coming...
The 824 is different from the rest, you can't use that as a yardstick.
(Kierkegaard)

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2024, 11:19:49 pm »
The 824 is different from the rest, you can't use that as a yardstick.
But never as a meterstick!

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2024, 11:29:14 pm »
But speculations is fun too!  :-DD

:-DD

Is that me, or there's something like a tense rising up  ?  :popcorn:

Offline Rudgas

« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2024, 11:30:49 pm »
Just wondering what the upgrade path is. Buying a bandwidth upgrade if a project comes around that will need it seems a good compromise to me who doesn't use a scope that often. So a high PPI, but smaller screen in a powerful device that saves some space is quite neat!
The jump from 700 to 1100(initially) isn't that big anymore for the added comfort of a large screen (and some other upgrades). Considering potential loss when selling a 814XHD if 100MHz+ is really needed.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2024, 11:32:39 pm »
Is that me, or there's something like a tense rising up  ?  :popcorn:
Something like that first night ever in the arms of a lover? :scared:

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #499 on: February 28, 2024, 12:59:32 am »
Yeah I'm really disappointed in the resolution of the 1000X HD line. I was prepared to sell my upgraded DHO1074 for the overall better Siglent scope, but I'm a resolution junkie and will have a hard time downgrading that. So now I'm in a holding pattern to see how things shake out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf