Author Topic: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's  (Read 832642 times)

ttelectronic and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's coming
« Reply #450 on: February 23, 2024, 09:24:02 pm »
That post has changed, and not for the better. One of the screenshots was removed, and I no longer see any sign of upgraded functionality. What happened?
My guess is Rob probably thinks Siglent will not generally want their dealers promoting free upgrades.  He's probably right in that.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Martin72

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
« Reply #451 on: February 23, 2024, 09:42:20 pm »
My guess is Rob probably thinks Siglent will not generally want their dealers promoting free upgrades.  He's probably right in that.

That's what I think, too.

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2024, 12:00:59 am »
If you want to know what Rob thinks, send him a private message and ask. Speculation is useless, and I would bet money he posted the alleged images with no intention of leaving them up permanently in the first place.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2024, 01:28:58 pm »
For those ansious to get this scope, this seller on AliExpress is selling. Now you all could get an idea of the price.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJmooDP

Sorry TheDefPom your favorite color pink is not available, only in black  :)

Offline chillidog

« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2024, 01:40:34 pm »
I used google transaltor
I can't help but hear this in German in my mind. Der neue Gügl Trans-Altor. Very sensual indeed.

I'll see myself out now.
Chaos is the natural state of the universe. Order a mere illusion of man.

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #455 on: February 24, 2024, 02:34:11 pm »
For those ansious to get this scope, this seller on AliExpress is selling. Now you all could get an idea of the price.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJmooDP

Sorry TheDefPom your favorite color pink is not available, only in black  :)

I just ordered 1 x Siglent SDS804X HD 4CH 70MHz 12bit Oscilloscope for €409 with free shipping and got 5% off so paid €388.55.

No need to go to AliExpress. Get it from a reputable dealer.

I do suspect this is only supposed to be available in four days from now. But since I found a working link, I figured I would get my order in front of everyone else :-)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #456 on: February 24, 2024, 02:43:20 pm »
I just ordered 1 x Siglent SDS804X HD 4CH 70MHz 12bit Oscilloscope

Where ?
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #457 on: February 24, 2024, 08:04:08 pm »
I just ordered 1 x Siglent SDS804X HD 4CH 70MHz 12bit Oscilloscope

Where ?

2X

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #458 on: February 24, 2024, 08:55:58 pm »
I just ordered 1 x Siglent SDS804X HD 4CH 70MHz 12bit Oscilloscope for €409 with free shipping and got 5% off so paid €388.55.

From Siglent.eu?
https://www.siglent.eu/oscilloscopes/sds800x-series-new

Offline techneut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2024, 09:01:55 pm »
You only need to convince the taxman not to charge 21% taxes. Siglent.eu prices are without taxes.
Alie prices are with taxes included.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:07:54 pm by techneut »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2024, 09:21:35 pm »
You only need to convince the taxman not to charge 21% taxes. Siglent.eu prices are without taxes.

Maybe a math refresh is in order?

SDS802xHD
ALi : 464.85 with VAT
EU :  359 + 21%VAT (75€) = 434

SDS814xHD
ALi : 606€ with VAT
EU :  499€+ 21%VAT (104,7€) = 603

824xHD on Ali : €959.36
in EU: 699 + 147 = 846€

And support and warranty.....

No, I don't think ALi is good idea..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:24:49 pm by 2N3055 »

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2024, 09:22:47 pm »
You have a smooth tongue if you can convince the taxmen to only charge 21% VAT in Denmark, which seems to be the residence of the user baldurn.(#516).
Aliexpress ain't with incl. EU-VAT at these values, it will be reducted at the checkout process and when entering fx Denmark, you will be taxed the relevant 25% VAT of the total parcel-value including postage, plus a VAT-handling fee 24US/160DKK
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:32:03 pm by DaneLaw »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #462 on: February 24, 2024, 09:26:09 pm »
You have a smooth tongue if you can convince the taxmen to only charge 21% VAT in Denmark, which seems to be the residence of the user baldurn.(#516).
Aliexpress ain't with incl. VAT at these values, it will be reduced at checkout...

There is no convincing. Even Chinese sites now charge target VAT in advance.

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #463 on: February 24, 2024, 09:35:27 pm »
If I log on to Ali regularly and then search for siglent, I get a handful of results at absolute moon prices (e.g. SDG1032X for just under 800€)..... |O
I stick with Batronix, Welectron, Batterfly, Meilhaus....
Either I have the money left over to buy a scope the "normal" way, or I have to save a bit more.
But for a few euros less such a detour with an uncertain warranty and support....No.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, tautech, Mortymore

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2024, 09:44:30 pm »

Maybe a math refresh is in order?

SDS802xHD
ALi : 464.85 with VAT
EU :  359 + 21%VAT (75€) = 434

SDS814xHD
ALi : 606€ with VAT
EU :  499€+ 21%VAT (104,7€) = 603

824xHD on Ali : €959.36
in EU: 699 + 147 = 846€

And support and warranty.....

No, I don't think ALi is good idea..

On Ali custom taxes should be considered.

Offline baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2024, 09:46:21 pm »
Aliexpress ain't with incl. EU-VAT at these values, it will be reducted at the checkout process and when entering fx Denmark, you will be taxed the relevant 25% VAT of the total parcel-value including postage, plus a VAT-handling fee 24US/160DKK

Or maybe I simply ordered through my company using a DK VAT number, which due to EU rules about reverse VAT turns the amount to a nice zero?

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #466 on: February 24, 2024, 10:14:10 pm »
Unless there is a significant financiel saving, or its an item you simply can't get through local sale vendor, don't use Aliexpress..

It's mind-bending the amount of rancid sellers I encounter there, and how misguided the Aliexpress dispute system is, to the point of encouraging scammers.
* Empty packages.
* Packages that hold something else, often something of no value whatsoever, and where it is obviously the seller is speculating in shipping that instead
* Put in fake trackingnumber from somebody else in your country, so Aliexpress own crude tracking check (or if you look it up yourself) it will look like it's on its way to your country.

The last one (*fake tracking numbers)  I experienced it as late as yesterday.
Purchased a small item at the start of February [8US) with a long shipping delay from the CN New Year lunar, and the seller kept saying he wanted more money, and I should go to some newly added shipping purchase listing, and purchase xx amount (of shipping) before he would ship it.. more or less hold your "purchase" as ransom.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006008858941.html?

But that ain't viable for people in Europe, as 1# you ain't covered by that extra expense, and 2# you will also pay VAT of that and something many sellers don't understand, not least all the ones that try to pay-you-back and wanna go outside of Aliexpress system, so the Aliexpress system doesn't hurt their store "rep" with disputes.

Yesterday 23-2-2024 the seller acted like he had shipped my item, by putting in a trackingnumber' that at first glance looks all fine & dandy in the Aliexpress tracking system, but when you then check that trackingnumber on sites that gives more detail, - it's an old used one from more than a month ago (January) from "Germany to Denmark" to somebody called Brian Andersen postalcode 9310, so the other side of the country.
https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LP00623752145032

They have an internal back catalog of tracking-numbers they can scam to circumvent the aspect of not shipping a purchased item inside the shipping deadline, which otherwise would hurt their Aliexpress account as then the transaction will just be annulled, so its a win-win to scam with somebody else's tracking, as (A) they will either keep the money and not delivering anything, or (B) just accept a given dispute when the buyer realizes it's a fake tracking number.

Certainly something one needs to have in mind when dealing with sites like Aliexpress.. there is a lot of good honest sellers (like most places) but China is also one of the most corrupt countries on the globe https://images.indianexpress.com/2014/12/pti12_3_2014_000046b_kuma.jpg  - and the norm I often take for granted when dealing with stores & sellers, vary a lot there.

If it's an expensive item, and you can get it locally with not much mockup, it makes absolutely no sense to use sites like Aliexpress, - purchase it locally where you have support & often 2-year warranty or some aspect of it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:09:47 am by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore, Martin72, sebyon

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2024, 11:48:33 pm »
No risk, no fun - Maybe it´s because of my age why I always try best I can to avoid this...
(Kierkegaard)

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2024, 01:35:13 am »
There's a greater than zero risk, for sure, but I've been ordering from AliExpress, Alibaba, and Banggood for many years, and now Temu for the past year, on a regular basis. Several times per month. Never been bitten by a bad seller yet. All experiences have been great.

Now I'm not going to order a multi-hundred or thousands of dollar item like a Siglent oscilloscope when I can get it from US dealers, or at least European in the case of Brymen gear. But I've bought many items in the 2-300 dollar range not to mention countless cheap items.

People get screwed by Amazon sellers too, and don't get me started on eBay. Now of course it's probably easier to get scammed from a Chinese marketplace, but obviously Ali and the others take their business pretty seriously and don't condone scammers. Considering the vast amount of business they do, there will be issues, but I wonder if it's really any more common than with big-name US marketplaces.

Offline orzel

• Regular Contributor
    • Sylphide Consulting
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2024, 02:16:31 am »
There's a greater than zero risk, for sure, but I've been ordering from AliExpress, Alibaba, and Banggood for many years, and now Temu for the past year, on a regular basis. Several

Isn't alibaba supposed to be for chinese market ('interior') ?

I've been buying on ali for very long. There are often problems, but none than the reseller (rare) or aliexpress (most of the time) can fix.
And as most of you, i buy expensive items such as scopes from a local reseller. That's cheaper than ali anyway...

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2024, 02:39:33 am »

I don't know about now, but Alibaba was the first Chinese marketplace I used, years ago, and they sold to Western individuals then. I just tried and my account login still works, but my order history is apparently old enough that I couldn't pull it up. I think maybe they spun off AliExpress for that business and Alibaba now seems to be more of a wholesaler.

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2024, 03:05:51 am »

I don't know about now, but Alibaba was the first Chinese marketplace I used, years ago, and they sold to Western individuals then. I just tried and my account login still works, but my order history is apparently old enough that I couldn't pull it up. I think maybe they spun off AliExpress for that business and Alibaba now seems to be more of a wholesaler.
Quite.

Alibaba was the original from which AliExpress was developed.
Alibaba is where you can make contact with many Asian manufacturers rather than their resellers in AliExpress.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2024, 08:46:08 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to measure the mains frequency by setting the trigger to line and activating the counter? I can't do it with the Rigol DHO1074.

Best regards
egonotto

I‘m late to the party but for all European interested in the current mains frequency here a link.
It shows the differences and the energy flow from different geographic locations in the european grid and the resulting phase shift.

https://gridradar.net/charts/map/map.html

plz switch „Animation“ on the web page on.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:54:20 am by Bad_Driver »

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, Mortymore, Martin72

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2024, 11:38:25 am »
Siglent SDS800X-HD manual (source siglent.eu)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2024, 11:40:34 am »
Siglent SDS800X-HD programming guide EN11F, the same for SDS1000X-HD  (source siglent.eu)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 11:45:02 am by Mortymore »

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf