Author Topic: Siglent SDS3034X Mask testing  (Read 263 times)

Offline BaNaN85Topic starter

Siglent SDS3034X Mask testing
« on: September 12, 2024, 08:37:02 pm »
Hi

I'm having trouble getting the mask test to work.
I got a positive 0-12v, amplitude 5us pulse I want to measure and make sure there's no small arcs or jitter on it.

Using the automatic "Create Mask" setting gives me a mask that covers the whole underside of the pulse and does not follow the horizontal/vertical spacing.

Creating a mask with edit mode and creating two polygons above and below the flat top of the pulse looks good but doesn't work. 
The test always either says 100% ok or 100% fail. It never functions as expected and captures if a pulse fails.

The options I can set on the mask test is

Pass/Fail Rule
The Pass/Fail rule is specified at the  Type  region in the Mask Test dialog box.

All In: All data points must be inside the mask to pass the test. Even a single point outside the
mask will cause a failure.   
This mask the auto function can't create.
Even if I edit a mask myself and place it over the whole pulse, it will say FAIL

All Out: All data points must be outside the mask to pass the test. Even a single point inside the
If I edit a mask with polygons above the pulse, it should say 100% pass and fail if any point is inside the polygon.
This does not work.

Any In: Any data point inside the mask will be recognized as a pass. All data points outside the

Any Out: Any data point outside the mask will be recognized as a pass. All data points inside the

Pics from the manual:

Re: Siglent SDS3034X Mask testing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2024, 06:31:57 am »
This is a screen img from how the osc creates a mask automaticly

Tried another scope  we have and it does the same thing.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024, 06:44:43 am »
Here I create a mask manually

Even tho the whole signal is inside the mask within the display, it says fail.

If I zoom out in time scale it shows the pulse as fail outside the mask.

Is there some setup I'm missing? That I only want the mask to work on the pulse withing a set timescale?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 08:29:04 am »
IMO your borders are insufficient and miniscule variations in the signal are exceeding the Mask.
Working on providing some Mask screenshots from 3000X HD little brother SDS814X HD....
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 08:57:38 am »
Like you discovered, saving a screenshot is only possible via the webrowser as the Save button wants to save the Mask Cal file for it to be reloaded if needed again.

Mask Setup and X/Y coordinates are the easiest to use and the Create Mask to test your settings before setting Operation to ON.
See 46 and 47

You can also set your own custom mask with the Mask Editor by setting/clicking coordinates surrounding the trace which in all these examples are a 20ns 200 Hz pulse from SDG6022X AWG.
See 48-50
Those I did not run as the right hand edge coordinates did not go completely to the display edge and would result in a Mask Fail.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf