Author Topic: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD  (Read 430466 times)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Reply #925 on: July 13, 2024, 05:37:07 pm »
What I noticed again yesterday is not an SDS3000X HD specific thing, but of a general nature with the software platform.
It concerns the display of the measured points:
I had also displayed the Stdev values from channel 2 and channel 3, later I no longer needed the two channels, so I had deactivated them again.
Accordingly, I no longer needed the values for 2 and 3, so I wanted to delete them....
It's not as simple as you might think at first.
You can only delete them all with "clear" in the measurement menu.
You can delete them individually by tapping the value for the relevant channel again, for example, in my case by tapping stdev again in the menu, then it's gone.
Now I could not delete stdev for channel 2 and channel 3, why ?
Quite simply because the channels are not active... :P
This means that to delete the measuring points, you must:
-reactivate the channels that are no longer required (and then deactivate them)
- or remember beforehand and delete the measuring points first, then deactivate the channels
- or delete everything with "clear" and create the measuring points for the active channels again.

Of course you can say that anyone who forgets will be punished, but you can also make it a little easier.
Measuring point n(value)(source) on/off, done.

Edit: B**sh** written.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 06:28:08 pm by Martin72 »
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #926 on: July 13, 2024, 06:09:47 pm »
... you can also make it a little easier.

Correct - you can make it a lot easier. No need to open the "Type" dialog. Just tap or click on the minus sign (in M1 mode the upper right corner of each measurement "box", in M2 mode in front of each measurement line).

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #927 on: July 13, 2024, 06:16:03 pm »
Hmm...
I pressed it yesterday, but only with my finger. ;)
I'll try again soon.
(Kierkegaard)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #928 on: July 13, 2024, 06:26:54 pm »
Yes, that's right, it works if you hit the minus sign exactly, I couldn't manage that yesterday. :P ;)
A slightly simpler operation would still not be bad, but that's complaining on a high level.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, KungFuJosh

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2024, 03:42:22 pm »
New firmware for SDS3000X HD avaible(19/07/2024):
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Oscilloscope/SDS3000X-HD_1.0.3.9_EN.zip
V1.0.3.9 :
Optimized Self-cal time from 52 minutes to 22 minutes.

What..... :scared:
That's what I call a dramatic reduction in time. :-+
Hopefully nothing has been left out for this. 8)

Firmware history so far:
V1.0.3.3  Initial Release
V1.0.3.7  Made Option 16LA and Option FG Standard
V1.0.3.9  Optimized Self-cal time from 52 minutes to 22 minutes.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 04:11:21 pm by Martin72 »
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, rfindley, rosenrot

Offline Mr John

« Reply #930 on: July 26, 2024, 06:26:12 pm »
With respect to the change in licensing for the digital probe license, I actually pre-purchased the digital probe/license with my SDS3034X, meaning I way overpaid for the feature. Siglent and the vendor I purchased through basically told me "prices can change at any time, so sad too bad" when I asked for a price correction.

The funny part is that I didn't even have a chance to install the license on my scope because of how much it was delayed, so I basically paid an extra 300 eur for a useless envelope. I kinda feel like I was price gouged in this scenario. Am I out of line asking for a price correction, or is this just something I should get used to?

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #931 on: July 26, 2024, 07:11:13 pm »
With respect to the change in licensing for the digital probe license, I actually pre-purchased the digital probe/license with my SDS3034X, meaning I way overpaid for the feature. Siglent and the vendor I purchased through basically told me "prices can change at any time, so sad too bad" when I asked for a price correction.

The funny part is that I didn't even have a chance to install the license on my scope because of how much it was delayed, so I basically paid an extra 300 eur for a useless envelope. I kinda feel like I was price gouged in this scenario. Am I out of line asking for a price correction, or is this just something I should get used to?

How long ago did you receive the scope? Is it still within the return period?
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Offline Mr John

« Reply #932 on: July 26, 2024, 08:44:24 pm »
I purchased end of March, though it was delivered middle of June. Refund period was 14 days so that's not an option. Plus not worth the hassle - it's still my ideal scope for what I do.

I just might hesitate to buy any other Siglent equipment now, if there are other equivalent options on the market.

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #933 on: July 26, 2024, 09:00:14 pm »
Well, it's not Siglent's fault as the manufacturer, that's a case for the dealer's goodwill.
And if the dealer refuses to do so, you simply won't buy from them again.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #934 on: July 26, 2024, 09:11:30 pm »

Overall cost of licensing and probe remains unchanged.

The need for MSO/LA probe licensing evaporated with the latest firmware but the price for the probe, in your case SPL2016 lifted by the amount of the license cost.

This was a rare move for Siglent and in many ways a welcomed one.......except for those of us that are holding purchased option licenses that are now no longer needed so any probes we are holding in stock need to be sold at the new pricing ........

Edit to add
The move by Siglent to remove licensing needed for some options can also be seen as a big THANK YOU to those customers upgrading to new models that use the same optional HW from models they have previously owned.
Now they can use their SPL2016, SLA1016 and SAG1021I in all/any models that support them without any need for additional/multiple licenses.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 10:20:01 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2024, 05:01:08 am »
Quote from: tautech ...

Overall cost of licensing and probe remains unchanged.
[/quote

Hello,

no, the price for the license and the probes was much more expensive. Well over €800 for the SDS3034X HD. So over €300 more than now.
If it was the same price, why would Mr. John be upset?

Best regards
egonotto

PS: The price for the license for SDS2000X HD was lower than the price for the license for SDS3000X HD

« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 05:09:00 am by egonotto »

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #936 on: July 27, 2024, 02:39:17 pm »
I purchased end of March, though it was delivered middle of June. Refund period was 14 days so that's not an option. Plus not worth the hassle - it's still my ideal scope for what I do.

I just might hesitate to buy any other Siglent equipment now, if there are other equivalent options on the market.

If you haven't even opened or installed the option card, I would tell the seller that. I would hold the seller accountable more than Siglent. You waited months to receive it from them, and by them time you got it, the option you paid for was no longer useful. They should either refund it, or at least give you store credit towards another purchase. Otherwise, I would never shop there again. I'd also leave a review for the company and let people know the customer service there sucks.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #937 on: July 27, 2024, 09:42:28 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/magnova-oscilloscope/msg5585249/#msg5585249

Done:

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rwXwHtJwmQ

It is also a good example of the different representation of the signal with a scope (amplitude over time) and a spectrum analyzer (frequency over time).
(Sweeptime : 5sec, 1sec, 500msec)
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, famalex, KungFuJosh, rfindley

Offline pasha

• Contributor
« Reply #938 on: August 01, 2024, 08:22:44 am »
All problems were fixed with the new firmware 1.0.3.9, amazing

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #939 on: August 01, 2024, 09:02:23 am »
Hm?
(Kierkegaard)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #940 on: August 01, 2024, 09:55:37 am »
Hm?
If I remember correctly, he had some problems with measurements and this might mean that is sorted out now.. I guess... I suppose...  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72

Offline pasha

• Contributor
« Reply #941 on: August 01, 2024, 05:51:33 pm »
actualll question to ask is, why didn't you have the problem I had? Or why was there a problem with my oscilloscope? Aren't these devices produced as standard?

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #942 on: August 01, 2024, 06:12:06 pm »
actualll question to ask is, why didn't you have the problem I had? Or why was there a problem with my oscilloscope? Aren't these devices produced as standard?

Hello,

yes, that's a really interesting question, why was the problem so bad for you?
I haven't had the problem since the discussion back then. And I still have the same firmware.

Best  regards
egonotto

Offline pasha

• Contributor
« Reply #943 on: August 01, 2024, 06:55:46 pm »
If a device is produced as standard, I expect its standard software to show the same result on every device, unless there is a hardware problem. I think that such problems should not be solved by things like changing the calibration procedure, that is why I am surprised. Anyway, as a result, my problem was solved, that's what matters.

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #944 on: August 01, 2024, 08:04:16 pm »
If a device is produced as standard, I expect its standard software to show the same result on every device, unless there is a hardware problem. I think that such problems should not be solved by things like changing the calibration procedure, that is why I am surprised. Anyway, as a result, my problem was solved, that's what matters.

Hello,

one setting differently and the software could behave differently due to an error. So it doesn't have to be a hardware error.
In my case, the generated file names have changed. I have no idea why.
An older file is called ScreenImg (92).png, for example. The (92) is what Windows does. Now the files are called e.g. ScreenImg - 2024-07-12T012307.856.png.

Best regards
egonotto
P.S. Of course, it could also be a change in the browser.

The following users thanked this post: pasha

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #945 on: August 01, 2024, 08:09:18 pm »

That's not really accurate. These are fancy computers that happen to do oscilloscope things. There are lots of ways to create problems that are not hardware reliant. Often enough, setting to default and reflashing firmware can fix these types of issues.

Offline pasha

• Contributor
« Reply #946 on: August 01, 2024, 08:16:27 pm »

That's not really accurate. These are fancy computers that happen to do oscilloscope things. There are lots of ways to create problems that are not hardware reliant. Often enough, setting to default and reflashing firmware can fix these types of issues.
I hope so

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #947 on: August 01, 2024, 09:07:54 pm »
If a device is produced as standard, I expect its standard software to show the same result on every device, unless there is a hardware problem.

It should be noted that your "problems" or rather, in this context, phenomena could not be reproduced by any other SDS3000X HD owner, so the standard is given.

I think that such problems should not be solved by things like changing the calibration procedure, that is why I am surprised.

Shortening the calibration time is also not the solution to your phenomenon, but simply a shortening of the calibration time.

Anyway, as a result, my problem was solved, that's what matters.

Updating the firmware is like reforming the memory addresses.
A possible abnormality is virtually overwritten, which is rare but not unusual.
We have also experienced this phenomenon at work.
We programmed a circuit with a controller on it, then tested it and one thing didn't work as expected.
We did some troubleshooting, found nothing, then programmed the controller again with the same file - and it worked perfectly afterwards.
That's the way it is sometimes, wondering for a moment, then accepting it in the end because there's nothing else to do.

(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, KungFuJosh, pasha

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #948 on: August 02, 2024, 07:07:52 am »
In my case, the generated file names have changed. I have no idea why.
An older file is called ScreenImg (92).png, for example. The (92) is what Windows does. Now the files are called e.g. ScreenImg - 2024-07-12T012307.856.png.

What you see is just the difference between saving to flash or using the web interface. To be sure, I've just tried with the SDS7000A:

Direct to Flash Filename: SDS7404A_H12_PNG_1
Web-Interface Screenshot Filename: ScreenImg - 2024-08-02T090122.089

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #949 on: August 02, 2024, 11:51:04 am »
Hello,

I use only the web interface. I have never used flash with SDS3000X HD.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf