Author Topic: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD  (Read 415882 times)

rosenrot and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2024, 12:26:29 am »
Hello,

with VNC you can use several scopes simultaneously with one PC.

Best regards
egonotto
On display at EMEX we had 6 instrument browser tabs open that switching from one to another, control of any/all is available.
One needs only give each a different IP and point the browser to each.
Simple on the same LAN subnet but WAN port configuration for real remote access is above my pay grade.  :palm:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2024, 12:39:43 am »
Hello,

However, WAN is dangerous because someone can probably cause damage in the debug menu.

Best regards
egonotto

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2024, 04:16:48 am »
Hello,

However, WAN is dangerous because someone can probably cause damage in the debug menu.

Best regards
egonotto
Certainly, but only if they know the PW.  :-X

WAN port access is not something anyone would advertise as it is set/opened for specific need.
A beta tester did this for member hendrog and I in NZ to use some of his Siglent equipment in Oregon USA.  :o
There was some noticeable latency but not enough to make the instruments unusable.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2024, 08:05:49 am »
Top left is a Xilinx Zynq XCZU2CG.

After the reports that mention faster UI than 2000X-HD, I was expecting to be an U2EG, or even an U4EV. Those have a Mali GPU on chip. U2CG is the same as in 1000X-HD.
That means the bigger FPGA contribute to the acceleration, not only the processing job.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Momchilo

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2024, 08:26:17 am »
Simple on the same LAN subnet but WAN port configuration for real remote access is above my pay grade.  :palm:

No it isn't. WAN access is only dependent on your router configuration and nothing needs to be done on the scopes.

If you open the correct ports and do the necessary NATs, in the/each router, you can do that over the internet.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech, 2N3055

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2024, 10:15:45 am »
For this one:

I am not sure if there was a heat sink at one point or if they tried to sand down the markings.
I did not try to read the part number but it should be possible.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:19:26 am by Momchilo »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #781 on: June 06, 2024, 10:15:36 pm »
I know some of you have been anxious for some random mistakes, to make a decision...

Sshhh... :-X 8)
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035, egonotto, KungFuJosh, Bad_Driver, mathstudi, Ulrich.G, pasha

Offline Ulrich.G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2024, 06:26:21 am »
Congrats, it must be a torture to resist during the past weeks :)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #783 on: June 07, 2024, 11:02:29 pm »
That was more of a weighing up.
You have to be aware that the warranty is lost.
That doesn't hurt as much with an SDS800X HD, but with a device that costs 8 times as much, that's a different matter.
I have now made a bet with it.
If a device “survives” the first 3 months, then there is a high probability that it will experience its “natural” EOL and you won't need the warranty.
(That's why we do a burn-in test on some products to pre-age them)
I haven't had the Scope for 3 months, not even a month.
So that's a bet. ;)
I will be spending more time with the scope in the near future.
It is now known that it “reacts” faster than the 2000X HD, let's see if it is faster in other ways too, we'll see.
Of the “larger” models, I had the 2000Xplus, the 2000X HD and now the 3000X HD.
All of this in 4 years, some people smile about it according to the motto, the boy changes his scopes like others change their shirts. ;)
Why am I doing this?
There's a simple reason, because I want the maximum possible for the maximum I'm prepared to spend.
And this price limit has shifted upwards over the years.
Basically, a 2000Xplus is enough for me; 99% of all other hobbyists are probably like that, so we don't have to kid ourselves.
But when I switched to the 2000X HD in 2022, I knew I could never go back.
I didn't want to go back to the display quality, which was significantly different from that of the 2000Xplus, despite the same resolution.
There were also a few other benefits such as 4 math channels and average/eres hardware-supported.
I paid 3500€ for it and it didn't feel bad.
But there were still a few things that I would have liked differently, and my mental budget grew during this time.
By now I was ready to spend 5000€, but there was nothing that would have improved me, neither at Siglent nor elsewhere.
Then came the 3000X HD....more bandwidth, more memory, active probe connection, min 2GSa/s....
That's what I want.
Now it's mine.
My budget hasn't changed, so the scope could stay longer.
If Siglent has something “better” for the same money in the medium term, I would switch, otherwise not.
I could afford an SDS6000 if I saved a bit on the budget, but it has 8bit, so I wouldn't want to go back to that.
An R&S MXO4 might be just about feasible, but it doesn't offer so much more than a 3000X HD that I would do that.
The SDS7000 would be the solution for me to satisfy my “technology hunger” forever, but it's in a price range that I would only reach by winning the lottery.
So the SDS3000X HD could actually be a scope that will accompany me for a long time, as long as there is nothing better for the same money.
Better?
Larger screen, higher screen resolution and no bandwidth limitation (1Ghz is only possible up to max. 2 channels), that would be an improvement for me, for which I would switch again.
So, time to get more involved with the 3000, I'll post some results here from time to time.

(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, famalex, KungFuJosh, mathstudi, Ulrich.G, hip

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #784 on: June 08, 2024, 06:57:28 am »
you had to open the scope ? because if it's "just" finding the right codes, you can always remove the licences and send for repair ?

Offline FlexibleMammoth

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #785 on: June 08, 2024, 10:12:45 am »
From my understanding, LIC-V2 is based on device specific crypographic keys that you need. Opening the device is probably the easiest way to access them.

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #786 on: June 08, 2024, 12:50:57 pm »
I guess this is just speculation. But it might be that the internal key has to be swapped with an arbitrary one, with no means of reverting back to the old one.
Neither merely opening the device nor "extracting" the old key would imply a warranty or consumer protection loss, according to EU laws. Siglent specific warranty is another story as long as it is an improvement over mandatory consumer regulations.
In any case, if your distributor or Siglent denies your warranty, it is up to you to take legal action which could very well cost more than the scope.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #787 on: June 08, 2024, 01:26:08 pm »
Genrally speaking, that would be a paradise for all curious hobbyists, if you can fiddle around with the devices as much as you like and still be able to insist on the warranty in the event of a fault.
For example, if we receive a device for repair and discover that it has already been opened (and you can always find out, believe me), the customer can pay for the repair in full.
I wouldn't take the chance if my budget is rather tight.
(Kierkegaard)

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #788 on: June 08, 2024, 03:21:23 pm »
The post was related to consumers only. I understand your point, on the other hand, if you don't modify the device at all and just manage to install genuine keys, or have a peek inside, and then the device fails due to a manufacturing defect, there shouldn't be a problem with warranty.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #789 on: June 09, 2024, 08:32:15 am »
The post was related to consumers only. I understand your point, on the other hand, if you don't modify the device at all and just manage to install genuine keys, or have a peek inside, and then the device fails due to a manufacturing defect, there shouldn't be a problem with warranty.

Largely true in the EU, as long as "warranty" refers to the compulsory two-year warrantly period which sellers need to provide. In Germany specifically (and I believe in several other countries), within the first 12 months the seller would have to prove that whatever tinkering you did has actually caused the problem, if they want to refuse a repair or replacement under warranty.

During the second year, in theory the customer has to prove that the problem was in the the product from the start. Not often demanded by a seller in practice -- but they might ask for that proof if they find a broken warranty seal.

None of the above apply to any additional (extended) warranty offered which a manufacturer may provide voluntarily. These may well be refused if a warranty seal has been tampered with.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, egonotto, 2N3055, Antonio90

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #790 on: June 09, 2024, 10:37:39 pm »

There is no reason to open the device.
Unless you tamper with it to read out something.
If you install original license keys, there is also no need to open the device.
You don't open your newly purchased television either.
If you hack the scope and enter keys that have not been legally acquired, this is not only fraud, but also an unauthorized modification of the device.
Simply removing the keys before sending it in will not help.
Another matter:

and no bandwidth limitation (1Ghz is only possible up to max. 2 channels)

Until now I thought this was a “specialty” of siglent (or rigol), known from SDS2000Xplus, SDS2000X HD, SDS3000X HD.
But no....
R&S MXO4...
1.5Ghz bandwidth, 5GSa/s, 2.5GSa/s active on all channels.
Always 1.5Ghz bandwidth?
How does that work, is Siglent too conservative.....
No, they are just more accurate.
The MXO4 data sheet states 1.5Ghz with a small suffix.
If you look it up, it says in very small letters, only in interleaving mode...Aha.
And how much is it now when all channels are active?
It doesn't say.
That's why Siglent is more honest.

(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech, 2N3055, Jacon, KungFuJosh

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #791 on: June 09, 2024, 11:37:41 pm »
Hello,

the Agilent (Keysight) DSO6104A is similar. 1 GHz bandwidth and 2 * 4 GSa/s maximum sample rate. It is somewhat hidden in the data sheet, but the manual says: “When Realtime sampling is on, the bandwidth of the oscilloscope is limited because the bandwidth of the reconstruction filter is set to fs/4. For example, a 610x oscilloscope with channels 1 and 2 on has a bandwidth of 500 MHz when Realtime sampling on and 1 GHz
when Realtime sampling is off."

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 11:42:26 pm by egonotto »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, Martin72

Online rosenrot

« Reply #792 on: June 13, 2024, 10:42:01 am »
Hey everyone,

I've been following the SDS3000X discussions since day one on this forum. I'm a hobbyist who is interested mostly in embedded devices all around private projects. For too long I was playing around with cheap oscilloscopes that were just time-consuming to handle as they were often limited in their capabilities - or at least not delivering what I expected from them.

After reading the valuable insights shared in this forum, I decided it was worthwhile to invest a bit more than I had initially planned and get myself an SDS3034X, which I'm sure I'll enjoy for years to come. I know the SDS3034X offers more capabilities than I'll likely need in some areas, but sometimes these decisions are driven by passion rather than pure logic, as we all experience with our hobbies from time to time ;D

I'm based in Europe and curious about the stock status at Siglent.eu. I've reached out to them twice through different channels for a delivery date but haven't received any response yet. Does anyone here have any updates or information on this? Not sure why they didn't respond for 5 days, previously they have been faster.

Best regards, rose
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 10:43:38 am by rosenrot »

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2024, 10:46:35 am »
You can order it here. Should be available in the next few days: https://www.batronix.com/versand/oszilloskope/Siglent-SDS3000X-hd.html

Large serious German shop with excellent service.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, rosenrot

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #794 on: June 13, 2024, 10:50:12 am »
Hey everyone,

I've been following the SDS3000X discussions since day one on this forum. I'm a hobbyist who is interested mostly in embedded devices all around private projects. For too long I was playing around with cheap oscilloscopes that were just time-consuming to handle as they were often limited in their capabilities - or at least not delivering what I expected from them.

After reading the valuable insights shared in this forum, I decided it was worthwhile to invest a bit more than I had initially planned and get myself an SDS3034X, which I'm sure I'll enjoy for years to come. I know the SDS3034X offers more capabilities than I'll likely need in some areas, but sometimes these decisions are driven by passion rather than pure logic, as we all experience with our hobbies from time to time ;D

I'm based in Europe and curious about the stock status at Siglent.eu. I've reached out to them twice through different channels for a delivery date but haven't received any response yet. Does anyone here have any updates or information on this? Not sure why they didn't respond for 5 days, previously they have been faster.

Best regards, rose

Batterfly say they have it in stock - https://www.batterfly.com/shop/en/testandmeasurement/oscilloscopi/siglent-sds3034x-hd
Batronix say 1-4 days  - https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Siglent-SDS3034X-hd.html

P.S. siglent.eu is a dealer not the Siglent Europe. They are on the siglenteu.com.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 10:53:48 am by skander36 »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh, rosenrot

Online rosenrot

« Reply #795 on: June 13, 2024, 11:44:21 am »
Thanks for the quick replies. Batronix, while stating <4 days has them only available by the end of July as they just told me.

Hmm, I will get in contact with Batterfly.

Offline rfindley

• Contributor
  • Embedded Systems Contractor
« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2024, 12:35:26 pm »
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the trigger position stay in the same horizontal position when changing timescale?  For example, I mostly like to move the trigger point to the left side of the screen (after the first division), but each time I change timescale I have to reset the trigger position again since it is based on time rather than horizontal position.  It would be great if there was a setting to set the trigger position by "div" instead of by "time", but I haven't been able to find such a setting on the SDS3000X HD.

I know I've done this before, but maybe I'm thinking of my PC-based logic analyzer.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2024, 01:00:17 pm »
System settings
Reference position.

Check manual.
Also, on timebase you have quick Left center  and Right.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Offline rfindley

• Contributor
  • Embedded Systems Contractor
« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2024, 01:29:20 pm »
System settings
Reference position.

Thanks!  I looked in the System Settings menu, but somehow overlooked that.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055

Online rosenrot

« Reply #799 on: June 14, 2024, 01:29:40 pm »
Just a short update. Batronix corrected their statement and they said they will receive it by the end of June. They were really friendly. Siglent.eu didn't respond at all.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, Martin72

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf