Author Topic: Keysight 3000T bandwidth upgrade licenses finally shipping.  (Read 1896 times)

Offline GlowingGhoulTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight 3000T bandwidth upgrade licenses finally shipping.
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »
After a delay of several months, the 100 to 200 MHz and 300 to 500 MHz bandwidth upgrade licenses are finally shipping, for those who've been waiting for these.

Got my 100 to 200 license from Newark for $430.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
Re: Keysight 3000T bandwidth upgrade licenses finally shipping.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:01:28 am »
I ordered a bandwidth upgrade license from Newark at the beginning of August. I was told it was backordered until September (and Newark blamed this on Keysight). I phoned Newark on 6 occasions and was given constantly changing backorder dates.

An engineer from Keysight saw my post on this forum, where I said that Newark claimed the license certificates were backordered by Keysight.

I was told directly by Keysight that this was not the case-Keysight was not backordering entitlement certificates. The codes are ordered, generated and billed via a web application. It's self-service by the distributor.

This is a Newark problem, they do not have their act together.

With my order information, Keysight contacted Newark on my behalf, and I immediately got a shipment notification for the entitlement certificate. It had "magically" turned up in stock at Newark.

But get this-I receive the package and it turns out that Newark next-day-aired me an empty envelope. No kidding, they sent me the envelope for an entitlement cert, but it contained no entitlement certificate. At least they sent the giant 18"x20" box (containing no license!) next day air!

I contacted the engineer at Keysight again, and they decided to cut out the distributor and generated the code for me directly. They also called Newark, and got them to email me the missing entitlement certificate (for my records). So I've had my bandwidth upgrade installed for about 2 weeks now.

For all of my trouble, Keysight graciously offered me a bonus, which turned a very frustrating situation into a very positive one  :-+ Keysight has top-notch customer service. I am still impressed with Keysight's handling of the situation.

Oh yeah, Newark also overcharged me nearly $100, and I had to make two phone calls and explain basic math to two agents to get it sorted out.

Anyways, Newark is a bunch of incompetents. Never buy license certificates from them, they do not understand the process.

Original drama here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds4000-series-vs-keysight-3000t-better-value/90/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:24:08 am by dadler »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf