Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests  (Read 273836 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests
« Reply #1000 on: August 15, 2024, 09:58:30 am »
I did have 1.6.2R5. I did what you said and reset to factory settings and then reloaded 1.6.2R5, but I still have an empty drop down box for the timezone. How can I fix this?

Here's what I have for versions currently:
Software: 1.6.2R5
Uboot-OS: 5.0.0
FPGA: 2024-01-29
CPLD: 03
Hardware: 02-00

For the timezone feature to work, the latest Uboot-OS 5.04 is required.

Unfortunately, Siglent forgot to make the upgrade package public together with the release of FW 1.6.2R5.

Tautech does have the upgrade in form of the latest recovery package for SDS2000X Plus, so he should be able to help.
Thanks for reporting this and will add to it requesting an updated FW ASAP.

We got steve1515 all sorted.  :)
Hello, I just registered here to report that I'm having the same issue with the timezone feature not working even after updating to FW 1.6.2R5.

Until an updated firmware with a fix for this is available, is there another way to fix this?
Welcome to the form.

Send PM with your email address and join the list for a bulk email BCC reply in the next day or so.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: don_apple

Offline don_apple

« Reply #1001 on: August 15, 2024, 04:53:18 pm »
Welcome to the form.

Send PM with your email address and join the list for a bulk email BCC reply in the next day or so.  :)
Thanks, PM sent.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline don_apple

« Reply #1002 on: August 21, 2024, 08:45:49 am »
I'd like to give a really big THANK YOU to @tautech for helping me to get the timezone issue fixed and another issue that happened during that process (web-interface was no longer working).

For anyone who has problems with the remote control feature in the web-interface not working after upgrading to the latest formware: you can also use a VNC client to directly connect to the scope for remote control. I recommend to use TigerVNC (https://tigervnc.org) which is available for most OS platforms: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tigervnc/files/stable/1.14.0/

Offline alocam

• Contributor
« Reply #1003 on: August 21, 2024, 01:41:15 pm »
Hello, I'd like to share some info related to web interface issues: after upgrading the scope I no longer have access to the remote interface using the instrument's IP on my notebook, but I found out that other Win10 units work flawlessly. The PC that is not capable of connecting using web browsers can do so using a VNC client other than the web browser noVNC feature.
I finally found out that the culprit seems to be Bitdefender Antivirus Free... If I uninstall it, everything gets back to normal, however if I reinstall it, connection is lost via web browser.
Strangely enough, if I disable all Bitdefender AV Free features from its control panel, there seems to be there is a component still active that blocks connection!.
I like BD AV Free as a protection layer, in case I find any configuration that helps solve this issue, I will post it for those who use same AV.
Regards!

Offline giovannirat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1004 on: August 21, 2024, 01:43:36 pm »
A BIG THANK  YOU to @tautech also from my side for providing the uboot 5.4 update, which was successful with the latest file he sent.

But I have now the problem with the web-interface not working too. Is there some trick or is this function simply not working in the newest firmware update?

VNC connection is working.

I can ping the scope, but the web Interface is neither working from Win11 PC (only using Windows Defender) nor from Linux PC.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 01:48:51 pm by giovannirat »

Offline alocam

• Contributor
« Reply #1005 on: August 21, 2024, 01:47:27 pm »
Hello, I would suggest you to try uninstalling any AV other than Windows Defender (this one does not seem to interfere with NoVNC on the browser) and check whether it works. I would appreciate if you could share what AV are you using, and whether the uninstall restored remote viewer functionality.
Regards!

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1006 on: August 21, 2024, 01:52:16 pm »
I use Webroot Antivirus, and I've never had any issues with the web console. I don't use their browser plugin though.

Do you have a browser plugin with your AV?
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Offline alocam

• Contributor
« Reply #1007 on: August 21, 2024, 02:18:38 pm »
In my case, I do not have any extensions or plugins. The web interface does not work when Bitdefender Free is installed, irrespective of using Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Brave. As soon as I uninstall Bitdefender, it works flawlessly. Strange thing is that BD allows you to disable all features, but after doing so, it still blocks web interface. I am seriously considering uninstalling it and using basic Win Defender, which is not bad, but not as good as BD.
Regards

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1008 on: August 21, 2024, 02:27:39 pm »
Give Webroot a try. It's  the best AV I've found, and doesn't waste resources like a lot of AV apps do. I've been using it for over 20 years.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Offline don_apple

« Reply #1009 on: August 21, 2024, 05:44:58 pm »
A BIG THANK  YOU to @tautech also from my side for providing the uboot 5.4 update, which was successful with the latest file he sent.

But I have now the problem with the web-interface not working too. Is there some trick or is this function simply not working in the newest firmware update?

VNC connection is working.

I can ping the scope, but the web Interface is neither working from Win11 PC (only using Windows Defender) nor from Linux PC.
I had the same issue with the first update that tautech provided for uboot 5.4. When checking the open ports on the scope using "nmap -sT -p- <ip of scope>" from a Linux system it did not show port 80 being open, which is the port used by the web-server.

tautech now provided another update which fixed both the issue with the timezone setting and also gets the web-interface working again. Therefore I would suggest to reach out to tautech directly so that he can get you the right files.

That update reset the firmware back to 1.3.9R12, but afterwards you can directly install the update to 1.6.2R5 and everything should be working again.

Offline dibro

• Contributor
« Reply #1010 on: August 21, 2024, 06:53:48 pm »
I've noticed the same. When I scanned for open ports, only 5025 and 5900 where open.
Got my uboot update earlier this week from Tautech with latest firmware.
At least VNC works fine at the moment.

Offline alocam

• Contributor
« Reply #1011 on: August 22, 2024, 02:42:41 pm »
I have just checked open ports for SDS2000x, everything looks normal: port 80, 111 and 5900 (VNC) are open, but no remote control using browser and Bitdefender installed.
Oddly, today I received a warning from Bitdefender:
An attempt to access your device by exploiting a vulnerability was made by 192.168.1.15. We blocked the connection to prevent the attacker from gaining access over your data and system resources.
Even though this is the first time it issued such warning, I added it as an exception, but to no avail (still no image on instrument control page).
Regards

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #1012 on: August 22, 2024, 02:50:30 pm »
The odd part is that the exception didn't work. I don't use Bitdefender, but this might help: https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-343026-use-device-control-in-gravityzone.html

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2024, 05:39:18 pm »
Cool  8) 8). The new SDS2000X Plus Operating System_V5.4.0 (Release Date 08.28.24 ) is now available for download on the Siglent EU website:

https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds2000x-plus

This will be a nice activity for the weekend.

Maybe this has already been posted, sorry. I've been pretty busy lately.

Cheers mathstudi

The following users thanked this post: tautech, jundar

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #1014 on: Yesterday at 06:41:39 pm »
This will be a nice activity for the weekend.

I didn't want to wait until the weekend to update the SDS2000X Plus Operating System  :-DD.
The update was easy to carry out as described.
I used an older SanDisk cruzer 8GB memory stick for the update.
Cool the MAC address is now also shown in the system info.

Thx to Siglent

Cheers mathstudi

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1015 on: Yesterday at 07:40:56 pm »

Hmm, ok... I wonder what other changes the OS update brings? It is not covered in the release notes on the Siglent site. Is there any information in the downloaded file, or have you noticed any changes?

Support for the WiFi dongle, by any chance?  8)

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #1016 on: Yesterday at 08:11:17 pm »
Hmm, ok... I wonder what other changes the OS update brings? It is not covered in the release notes on the Siglent site. Is there any information in the downloaded file, or have you noticed any changes?

The time zone bug has been fixed. Nothing major, but it has been corrected :).
I really appreciate this support from Siglent.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1017 on: Yesterday at 08:31:48 pm »

Uboot update to 5.4 is the primary improvement in the OS update which isn't possible from the previous FW updates.

The last and recent FW update V1.6.2R5 provided the most recent improvements.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-plus-coming/msg5559651/#msg5559651
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #1018 on: Yesterday at 08:37:16 pm »
I really appreciate this support from Siglent.

This support, be it to fix bugs or introduce new features, is quite unique.
I am not aware of any other manufacturer that handles this in the same way as Siglent.
Only the bug in our demo board remains untouched... ;)
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, mathstudi

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
I still have a problem uploading PNG files from USB stick in my SDS2204Xplus, to this site. It says they are over 8Meg. I never tried any other format.

I think I updated the firmware this winter. Any fix for that yet or is that an EEVblog thing ? Other than that it works great.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
I still have a problem uploading PNG files from USB stick in my SDS2204Xplus, to this site. It says they are over 8Meg. I never tried any other format.

I think I updated the firmware this winter. Any fix for that yet or is that an EEVblog thing ? Other than that it works great.
:-//
Are you on 5.4 Uboot version with 1.6.2R5 firmware ?

The other possibility is the Save type has been changed to other than PNG.
Check the Utility/Save menu for Save settings.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Calvin

• Regular Contributor
    • Calvin´s audio page
Hi,

at the moment I  still don´t get it what the major differences the new OS offers?
Are it just timezone an similar functional rather non-relevant features?
We have installed the 1.6.2R5 Firmware in June wo issues.
Is the OS update related to a certain Hardware revision only?

regards
Calvin
..... it builds character!

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
Hi,

at the moment I  still don´t get it what the major differences the new OS offers?
Are it just timezone an similar functional rather non-relevant features?
We have installed the 1.6.2R5 Firmware in June wo issues.
Is the OS update related to a certain Hardware revision only?
It corrects some FW installs that did not update Uboot to 5.4.
Anyone stuck with Uboot 5.0, Timezone does not work correctly, irrespective of the FW version installed.

OS Update operates much like a recovery package to bring the system files to Uboot 5.4.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf