Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests  (Read 262821 times)

2N3055, seronday, blurpy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online blurpy

• Regular Contributor
Empty dropdown for timezone is to be expected if you have a scope older than those shipped with firmware version 1.5.2R1 where timezone support was introduced.

Mine is also empty. The timezone data has never been included with any firmware updates. Just checked 1.6.2R5 and it's still not included. So it only works for those who have timezone data from the factory.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Empty dropdown for timezone is to be expected if you have a scope older than those shipped with firmware version 1.5.2R1 where timezone support was introduced.

Mine is also empty. The timezone data has never been included with any firmware updates. Just checked 1.6.2R5 and it's still not included. So it only works for those who have timezone data from the factory.
Interesting.
Can you please provide supporting screenshots ?
System Info too please.

We need take this to Siglent.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: blurpy

Online blurpy

• Regular Contributor
We discussed this a while ago:

Version: V1.5.2R1

Although the Time Zone Setting appears on screen, I am unable to select or enter any Timezone information.

I'm having the same issue. I just see a timezone dropdown box with nothing in it and I can't select or change anything.

I see references to "/usr/share/zoneinfo/" in the firmware, which on a regular Linux system contains the timezone files.
But I can't see any timezone files shipped with the new firmware. So perhaps it's already included on new devices, but not older ones?

Update: since I haven't updated yet, I had a look around with telnet to see if I could find the files it's looking for:

Code: [Select]
/ # ls /usr/bin/siglent/usr/localtime
ls: /usr/bin/siglent/usr/localtime: No such file or directory

/ # ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/
ls: /usr/share/zoneinfo/: No such file or directory

Would be interesting to know if "/usr/share/zoneinfo/" exists on the latest generation of devices.

I can't look around the file system anymore since telnet is disabled, but none of the firmware updates following that has included any time zone files so I think that is the reason it still doesn't work.

The current time zone dropdown, with nothing in it, and the arrow button disabled:

System info:

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online mon

To be clear, the timezone weirdness I was mentioning was nothing like you're all experiencing...

For me, I'd try to set the time and timezone at once, but only one would stick (and I could never quite figure out which one did stick), then trying to set the other one would offset the time - but I'm in GMT+10, and the offset was always +6 or -8 or something nonsensical, so it took a few goes to actually set the time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf