Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests  (Read 269040 times)

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2021, 09:21:27 am »
@casterle
I'm not sure how under-sampling could affect the math. With the same number of points in each band, should not each band display in the same color?
I do not know. Maybe the history comes into play too. With our setting there are 39 history traces stored.

Another note: You get these four horizontal lines in your screen shots only, because you use the internal AWG with the frequency being a multiple of 1 MHz. The internal AWG seems to be controlled by the same clock source as the sampling. Using other frequencies - like 24.999998 MHz, the pictures look different.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:44:25 pm by roberthh »

Offline casterle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
Ssshh...secret tip....user manual....Sssh.. 8) :)
Seriously?

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2021, 08:51:49 pm »
Looking at the different color grades in your sample screen shot (and own tests) the different colors may be related to the different vertical distribution of dots within each line. Each of them has a red code. Each line represents 500000 dots, about 500 per screen pixel. So if the vertical distribution is small, you have a line with a red code and blue rim. If the vertical distribution is almost identical within the line, it looks solid red.  In the zoomed view you do not see that, because the time between dots is constant. It would be bad if not.

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2021, 08:59:37 pm »
Seriously?

Yep, I find it more comfortable than staring at the screen.

"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: Tom45

Offline casterle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2021, 04:13:42 am »
Bazirro-World "No-Dots-Mode Bug"

Playing with dot mode a bit more, I find the 'scope in a state where there is little difference between vector mode and dot mode.

In this state, toggling between dot and vector mode displays the vector lines very faintly, at perhaps 10% intensity, while the dots continue to display at full intensity. Is this a reflection of my earlier bug, where I could not get vector lines to turn off?

1144640-0

1144644-1

At first glance, other than the menu area, the two screenshots above appear to be identical, but are not. Close examination shows pretty much what I see on my 'scope, only the vector lines seem a little brighter and perhaps a bit broader on the 'scope.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

This time I've saved my settings and attached the .xml file. The settings file is huge; I didn't see anything that looked like a security problem (but I didn't look that hard), so I've attached it. I couldn't find a way to attach my settings file.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:22:04 am by casterle »

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2021, 07:39:00 am »
You had that effect already in your January 01, 2021, 06:47:02 pm post, and it was discussed then. It happens when you capture a signal at e.g. 1V/div setting, go to stop mode and then increase the vertical scale to e.g. 50 mV/div. Then you see discrete voltage steps in the dots, and the screen you see represents 10 million dots.

We agreed already that the way of interpolating with vectors is at least surprising. I would call it a bug. If you zoom in the time, you will see the wild and completely unneeded oscillation of connections between dot levels, not even between dots!

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2021, 11:33:46 am »
After carefully watching the whole discussion about the history reset strategy, I have talked to Siglent R&D and recommended to not only fix the obvious bugs (history reset by events that cannot affect acquisition), but maybe restrict the triggers for history reset to a sensible minimum.

I've been promised that history will be taken care of for the next firmware release.

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, nctnico, tv84, kcbrown, jemangedeslolos, 2N3055, maxspb69, Martin72, Coder69, roberthh, casterle

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2021, 12:55:46 am »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Speaking of bugs, somebody from eevblog's team should fix that image attachment bug. ;)
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline IAmBack

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:21 am »
I've encountered bug. After playing with zone triggering, I've turned this function off (while one zone was "on"). When the probe with sensing was connected/disconnected, scope displayed "zone too small" message on the screen - the same was displayed when I've connected bnc shield to the surrounding gold ring).

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2021, 11:42:55 am »
Got this problem too, but don´t turned on the zone trigger before.
Today I´ve tested my new probes with auto-sense and this message appears.
And:
When  you switch between the units, V or A, the message will appearing too.

(Kierkegaard)

Offline maxspb69

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2021, 11:50:00 am »
This is strange, because from the very beginning of operation with SDS2000X+ I used Agilent 500MHz probes with auto-sense and often switched between V and A, but I have never seen this message.
What should be done to receive this message?

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2021, 12:00:38 pm »
Check it again on my scope, IAmBack is right  :-+

Like he had, I got one zone "on", although zone trigger is disabled. After going into the zone trigger menu and deactivating the zone, the fault message doesn´t appear anymore - That´s clearly a bug and thanks to IAmBack !

(Kierkegaard)

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
(Kierkegaard)

Offline casterle

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2021, 12:14:25 am »
You had that effect already in your January 01, 2021, 06:47:02 pm post, and it was discussed then. It happens when you capture a signal at e.g. 1V/div setting, go to stop mode and then increase the vertical scale to e.g. 50 mV/div. Then you see discrete voltage steps in the dots, and the screen you see represents 10 million dots.

We agreed already that the way of interpolating with vectors is at least surprising. I would call it a bug. If you zoom in the time, you will see the wild and completely unneeded oscillation of connections between dot levels, not even between dots!
What I was trying to illustrate with the images is that the vector lines are draw n faintly when they should have been drawn in full intensity, like the dots. They are barely visible on the 'scopes display!

This, sir, in my Most Humble Opinion, is a bug.  :)

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2021, 09:45:52 am »
I definitely agree that the way of joining dots leaves much room for improvement, politely spoken. Even if that is more obvious in an vertically expended view,  it is also present in non-expanded view and makes the trace look more noisy.

Offline maxspb69

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:48 am »
In the Bode plot application, the maximum generator amplitude that can be set is 6Vp-p, which corresponds to the capabilities of the built-in AWG. But when using an external generator, the 6Vp-p limit remains, which is not correct. Having connected SDG2042X, I cannot set the amplitude to more than 6Vp-p, although the generator allows up to 20Vp-p.

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »
In the Bode plot application, the maximum generator amplitude that can be set is 6Vp-p, which corresponds to the capabilities of the built-in AWG. But when using an external generator, the 6Vp-p limit remains, which is not correct. Having connected SDG2042X, I cannot set the amplitude to more than 6Vp-p, although the generator allows up to 20Vp-p.

Experienced the same issue with the SDG2042X, the Bode plot should be able to address the full output of the applied AWG, but is limited to 6Vp-p.

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline Peter_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2021, 06:43:20 pm »
SDS2104x-plus, 1.3.7R5

I'd like to have this feature:

Zoom should include function channel.
========================

A calculated function F1 = C1- C2 is not displayed in zoom window.

Shot 1: 1ms/div
Shot 2: Zoom added with 50ns/div ==> F1 is missing in zoom window.
Shot 3: How the zoomed content should look like.

Offline DL2XY

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2021, 07:01:57 pm »

Experienced the same issue with the SDG2042X, the Bode plot should be able to address the full output of the applied AWG, but is limited to 6Vp-p.

Best,

The bandwidth of external awg should be respected too.

Offline maxspb69

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2021, 07:45:05 pm »
The bandwidth of the Bode Plot is 120MHz with external AWG, which exactly corresponds to SDG2122X. :) It would be nice, that it be equal to the full scope bandwidth, of course!

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2021, 11:21:06 am »
SDS2104x-plus, 1.3.7R5

I'd like to have this feature:

Zoom should include function channel.
========================

A calculated function F1 = C1- C2 is not displayed in zoom window.
If you want a math trace in the zoom window, then simply select zoom data (Z1 ... Z4) as the source for the math.

Offline Peter_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:17 pm »
If you want a math trace in the zoom window, then simply select zoom data (Z1 ... Z4) as the source for the math.
That would mean to define the function twice. But its a workaround at least, thx!

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2021, 07:23:26 pm »
SDS2104X, 1.3.7R5, Topic Persistence

This is a good instrument and a complex software, so the following comments feel like nitpicking, but anyhow:

- if you enable persistence, the first trigger event is not accumulated. That may not hurt for fast events, but for rare events it may matter.

- if persistence is enabled, and you change the trigger setting, persistence will be switched off, even if the display menu still shows, that it is switch on. You have to switch persistence manually off and on again, to get it back working. That is just another example of the many cases, that the menu does not reflect the internal state.

Best Regards, Robert

Offline maxspb69

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2021, 02:21:40 pm »
I checked - persistence captures the waveform after the first trigger event,  in my case.

Offline roberthh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2021, 04:17:01 pm »
I noticed that with a signal source, which created two pulses with slightly varying distance. Triggering on the first pulse, the second would occur at different places. Actually that's what I wanted to test: the range of the variation. There I noticed that the accumulation though persistence started with the second pulse pair event.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf