Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs  (Read 79971 times)

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X HD, missing Features and Bugs
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2024, 01:59:15 pm »
Thanks people.  Falling edge trigger with holdoff works a treat.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2024, 06:54:40 pm »
Thanks people.  Falling edge trigger with holdoff works a treat.
:-+
My MO is to display packets then Stop the scope and count the width of a packet with the graticules then adjust Holdoff and Run the scope again.

Note to self, experiment with Performa01's Pulse width method....
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Grandchuck

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2024, 10:50:40 pm »
There are also serial protocol triggers.....

Online Martin72Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2024, 10:58:14 pm »
And it is sometimes very easy, thanks to the "copy to trigger" function.
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2024, 07:53:41 am »
Note to self, experiment with Performa01's Pulse width method....
Screenshot tells all.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2024, 12:41:12 pm »
The oscilloscope locked up in digital mode.  Nothing worked/responded ... including the on/off button.  The web browser still displayed the instrument, but no response was possible there either.  A power recycle using the AC line cord restored normal operation. 

The lockup was caused by (I think) setting the CAN signal source to CAN_H - CAN_L.

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2024, 03:48:49 pm »
if you try to connect with sigrok the interface is stuck too... only force restart is then working.

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2024, 05:00:27 pm »
A new bug appeared.  No mouse?  Tried all the usual things.  No mouse (no pointer on the screen either).  Front panel power cycling did not work but a power cord disconnect and reconnect did.  Back in business :-+

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2024, 10:45:43 pm »
I had the scope for 1.5 years and had no problems of this kind during that time.
However, I had used a mouse maybe 2 or 3 times during that time.
(Kierkegaard)

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2024, 01:21:19 pm »
I had the scope for 1.5 years and had no problems of this kind during that time.
However, I had used a mouse maybe 2 or 3 times during that time.
It is interesting how we all work differently.  I use the mouse constantly.
The scope is going to be connected via its own power strip with an on/off switch in anticipation of more lockups in the future.

Offline TopQuark

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2024, 03:19:48 pm »

4. FFT - Logarithmic X axis

Would be very helpful to get an option to display the frequency scale in log scale, so that lower frequency content can be viewed more clearly on measurements spanning multiple decades.

Reading the SDS800X HD review and demonstration thread, I just realised this feature I requested more than a year ago, the decade scaled X axis, is now standard on the SDS800X HD, SDS1000X HD, and the SDS3000X HD, but not the SDS2000X HD.  :-//

Would any of the forum members who has the ears of Siglent firmware development team know of any plans to update the SDS2000X HD with the same feature? I really wanted this function right from day one, but it seems like they forgot to back port this feature back to the 2000X HD.

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2024, 03:39:57 pm »
Once this feature has been realised there, it will also be implemented in the 2000X HD(why not).
However, Siglent will not be releasing a special update for this, it will probably be included with other features in a new firmware version.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline temperance

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2024, 02:37:08 pm »
It seems the 2000X HD is on the way out with the 1000X HD and 3000X HD pricing :(

I hope they will still solve some bugs. The probe recognition not working is very irritating.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:39:09 pm by temperance »

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2024, 05:36:23 pm »
It seems the 2000X HD is on the way out with the 1000X HD and 3000X HD pricing :(

I doubt that. There's a big price gap between the 1k and 3k ranges. 2k HD will fit in there fine.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, Martin72

Offline TopQuark

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2024, 09:16:35 am »

I hope they will still solve some bugs. The probe recognition not working is very irritating.
I know they will probably still come around to fix stuff and back port features, but this sentiment is similar with me saying feeling "shafted" in the new 1000X HD and 3000X HD thread.

I understand Siglent does not have massive resources to pump out new software, and I understand the scope is still an unbelievably good deal and device etc. and the 2000X HD was pretty good to start with etc. I do still like my scope, and Siglent in general etc.

But, I do have mixed feelings about my 2000X HD purchase. Since I bought my 2000X HD, they have come out with 3 new HD scopes (800X HD, 1000X HD, 3000X HD), well 4 scopes if you count the 1000X HD black refresh. Yet thus far the 2000X HD has only gotten 1 software update, late last year. Stuff like the hopelessly slow digital channel 12wfm/s refresh rate still isn't fixed, neither are the whole lot of small bugs / missing features mentioned in this thread.

I got my base SDS2000X HD for 23000 RMB, which Siglent has now dropped pricing to 13880 RMB. The base 3000X HD sells at 27800 RMB right now on Taobao. I know I have been using an excellent scope and benefited from it massively between me getting the 2000X HD and today. I bought the 2000X HD and it pretty much did everything it promised (besides the digital channels, I regret buying the official logic probes).

Anyways, I think you can understand where my sentiment is coming from. I feel like the newer 1k, 3k , 800 HD scopes weren't meant to be released in such a rapid pace, until Rigol stepped in and released the DHO4000 and all the other offerings. Siglent had to respond with their own lineup of HD scopes, which is understandable, but it is still frustrating to see all the new features the new scopes are getting, some of which us 2000X HD owners suggested, yet the 2000X HD feels like has been forgotten, at least to me as an end user.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 09:21:49 am by TopQuark »

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, ozkarah

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #315 on: March 21, 2024, 10:11:34 am »
... it is still frustrating to see all the new features the new scopes are getting, some of which us 2000X HD owners suggested, yet the 2000X HD feels like has been forgotten, at least to me as an end user.
I have big sympathy for you. All I can do is to assure you that the SDS2000X HD is not forgotten. I should know it, as I've just initiated investigations by Siglent engineers for some bug-fixes (bugs that won't affect the average user). I also know that a lot of the new functionality will be part of the software platform. Once it is declared mature after the release on one device, the others will follow.

It happens all the time: Back in mid 2019, Bode Plot II was first introduced in the low-end SDS1004X-E series, whereas the SDS5000X had to wait.

In general, the SDS2000X HD is mature, so that no quick emergency fixes are required. Consequently, Siglent rather waits a bit longer to release only substantial FW-update if necessary.

The following users thanked this post: TopQuark, Grandchuck, ozkarah

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #316 on: March 21, 2024, 12:11:21 pm »

I know they will probably still come around to fix stuff and back port features, but this sentiment is similar with me saying feeling "shafted" in the new 1000X HD and 3000X HD thread.

I understand Siglent does not have massive resources to pump out new software, and I understand the scope is still an unbelievably good deal and device etc. and the 2000X HD was pretty good to start with etc. I do still like my scope, and Siglent in general etc.

But, I do have mixed feelings about my 2000X HD purchase. Since I bought my 2000X HD, they have come out with 3 new HD scopes (800X HD, 1000X HD, 3000X HD), well 4 scopes if you count the 1000X HD black refresh. Yet thus far the 2000X HD has only gotten 1 software update, late last year. Stuff like the hopelessly slow digital channel 12wfm/s refresh rate still isn't fixed, neither are the whole lot of small bugs / missing features mentioned in this thread.

I got my base SDS2000X HD for 23000 RMB, which Siglent has now dropped pricing to 13880 RMB. The base 3000X HD sells at 27800 RMB right now on Taobao. I know I have been using an excellent scope and benefited from it massively between me getting the 2000X HD and today. I bought the 2000X HD and it pretty much did everything it promised (besides the digital channels, I regret buying the official logic probes).

Anyways, I think you can understand where my sentiment is coming from. I feel like the newer 1k, 3k , 800 HD scopes weren't meant to be released in such a rapid pace, until Rigol stepped in and released the DHO4000 and all the other offerings. Siglent had to respond with their own lineup of HD scopes, which is understandable, but it is still frustrating to see all the new features the new scopes are getting, some of which us 2000X HD owners suggested, yet the 2000X HD feels like has been forgotten, at least to me as an end user.
Please take general discussion here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds3000x-hd-and-upgraded-sds1000x-hd/
or here and preserve this thread for bug reports:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds2000x-hd-12bit-(published-for-chinese-domestic-market-only)/

Then I might comment on your views......
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2024, 12:20:23 pm »

Looked back through your posts some months which didn't reveal any previous mentions of this.
Please tell.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2024, 12:34:05 pm »
it was some posts from me ...
when you hit the default button, the connected probes does not get recognized.
the original probes are set as 1x instead of 10x
after "default" if you unplug then replug the probe(s) it then get the good 10x

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2024, 12:44:15 pm »
Every Siglent auto probe detect DSO works this way.

And no other divider than 10x can be recognized at all, if I remember correctly?
Every one I have checked detects 100x probes just fine....although Siglent don't even offer one......
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline TopQuark

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2024, 01:00:15 pm »
Probe readout pin customisation

I recently got myself a couple of Cal Test CT4200 x1 probes, they have a readout pin connected to ground with 1k ohms. When I plug the probe in, the scope recognises the probe is plugged in, but sets the input attenuation setting to 10x.

I measured the original probes that came with the SDS2kX HD (SP5050A), and the resistance between readout pin and ground is 11k ohms.

The scope recognises everything between a short to 49k ohms as a 10x probe being plugged in.

While there don't seem to be standards stating the readout pin resistance vs attenuation setting, perhaps the scope can let users set custom resistance ranges to match the probe attenuation setting? (assuming the readout pin resistance is read with an ADC)

As it stands, the scope's behaviour may lead to erroneous readings with certain probes. I know this is an edge case, but point still stands.
100%

Unfortunately the only sense probes properly recognised are 10x in 2000 class DSO's.  :-[
I've thrown mud about this and it seems only the more upmarket models get the attenuation ratios correct.  :horse:

For other than 10x you need set attenuation manually.  ::)

I think temperance is referring to this.

Also there's also some weirdness to how the scope remembers the attenuation settings. It sometimes forgets that the x10 probe is plugged in.

1. Set the channel attenuation to x1
2. Plug in a 10x probe, the scope will adjust the channel attenuation setting to 10x
3. Enter Bode plot mode, you don't even need to run a plot, just exit the bode test app
4. The channel attenuation will fall back to x1, even when the x10 probe is still plugged in.

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2024, 01:17:35 pm »
Every Siglent auto probe detect DSO works fails this way.

There, I fixed it for you. 😉 That's an annoying bug, that's been reported on every Siglent scope with probe detection.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035, ebastler

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2024, 01:40:18 pm »
Latest lockup occurred trying to save a mask:

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2024, 01:48:07 pm »

Does the lockup occur if you disable coordinate labels?

Online Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2024, 02:15:53 pm »

Does the lockup occur if you disable coordinate labels?
Are you suggesting to turn off the labels before attempting to save? 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf