Author Topic: OLED display Agilient U1253B meter - recompense for repair  (Read 1922 times)

Offline pwrtrnxTopic starter

• !
OLED display Agilient U1253B meter - recompense for repair
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:43:06 am »
Display repair for Agilent U1253B multimeter  ( 6 year old OLED display faded away )

Hello all,  I have one of these ( my company does )  -  I would be quite happy to pay a good figure to anyone who can perform a quality display replacement  -  ideally with a very similar LCD display so that further work is not necessary,  i.e. the repair will last.

Failing that a newer OLED display for an effectively interim repair ...

I have seen the other posts on here as to how to go about it  -  but they appear at first glance to be technically not quite complete or fulsome  -  some efforts give a reversed display etc.

I look forward to genuine replies from possibly amateur, semi-amateur or more professional people  -  who have the requisite ability.

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
Re: OLED display Agilient U1253B meter - recompense for repair
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:35:51 am »
There are very complete information with this post, along with an offer to get PCBs for very cheap and part numbers :
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/replacing-oled-screen-on-an-agilent-u1253a-multimeter/msg3085696/#msg3085696

If you do not want to do it yourself, I suggest you ask in that thread if someone is willing to do it for compensation.

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 08:20:12 am »
Okay, good luck.

Offline pwrtrnxTopic starter

• !
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 07:58:28 am »
Hi all,  successfully repaired the OLED display  -  many thanks to all the pointers to TAOBAO and other top tech tips w.r.t. soldering the thin flex pcb connectors ...!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf