Author Topic: SOLVED: “LCR-T7” tester - reliable?  (Read 13894 times)

Offline elecdonia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: “LCR-T7” tester - reliable?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 11:42:15 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa: you found a manual? - I got nothing with mine. I had to discover the 1-3 port thing!
The Chinese rarely offer manuals. Sometimes they provide a one-page summary which is frequently so inaccurate that it is useless  But the two original creators of the Transistor Tester (Karl-Heinz Kubbeler and Markus Resche) frequently update their 100+ page comprehensive technical manuals. I attached their most recent English versions. They are also available in Russian and perhaps some other languages. Please keep in mind that these manuals won't be fully applicable to units where the Chinese have cobbled together their own versions of the official Transistor Tester software.
BTW mine says T7 but if I do that firmware trick (press power button 4 times - I needed to unplug the battery to get it out of "bootloader mode") it says TC1 bootloader!
The bootloader has a 5 minute timeout. Then the unit shuts off. Next power-up will operate normally in component tester mode. I attached a photo of the bootloader screen from my LCR-TC1 unit. Is the bootloader screen displayed by yours identical or slightly different? Please post a photo if you can.
Also mine has wrong specs, ebay's listing said it could measure up to 5Mohm - I've tested 9.4Mohm just fine - I've not seen how high it can go.
That ebay listing was missing a 0 after the 5. The correct maximum resistance that can be measured is 50M. I haven't yet tested a resistor that large with mine.
Share the manual!
Manuals attached below
I’m learning to be a leading-edge designer of trailing-edge technology.

Offline py-bb

• Regular Contributor
Re: “LCR-T7” tester - reliable?
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 09:21:01 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa: you found a manual? - I got nothing with mine. I had to discover the 1-3 port thing!
The Chinese rarely offer manuals. Sometimes they provide a one-page summary which is frequently so inaccurate that it is useless  But the two original creators of the Transistor Tester (Karl-Heinz Kubbeler and Markus Resche) frequently update their 100+ page comprehensive technical manuals. I attached their most recent English versions. They are also available in Russian and perhaps some other languages. Please keep in mind that these manuals won't be fully applicable to units where the Chinese have cobbled together their own versions of the official Transistor Tester software.
BTW mine says T7 but if I do that firmware trick (press power button 4 times - I needed to unplug the battery to get it out of "bootloader mode") it says TC1 bootloader!
The bootloader has a 5 minute timeout. Then the unit shuts off. Next power-up will operate normally in component tester mode. I attached a photo of the bootloader screen from my LCR-TC1 unit. Is the bootloader screen displayed by yours identical or slightly different? Please post a photo if you can.
Also mine has wrong specs, ebay's listing said it could measure up to 5Mohm - I've tested 9.4Mohm just fine - I've not seen how high it can go.
That ebay listing was missing a 0 after the 5. The correct maximum resistance that can be measured is 50M. I haven't yet tested a resistor that large with mine.
Share the manual!
Manuals attached below
[/quote

I didn't count the pixels but yeah I'd say identical, same font same size same position - mine's a "T7" I guess the guts are the same.

TY for manual

Offline Tangent_Tracker

• Regular Contributor
Re: SOLVED: “LCR-T7” tester - reliable?
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2024, 02:07:42 pm »
Did this version work ok? Can't believe the price hike though!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf