Author Topic: Siglent SDS1202X and SDS1202X-E, the price difference by one order. Why?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline CiscERsangTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello everyone,

Siglent SDS1202X and SDS1202X-E, the price difference by one order. Why? It seems the latter one has more options and newer, however it notable cheaper.

Could anyone enlighten me?

BR

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
the X-E is the newer economy model, to my knowledge the X-E is equal or better in most ways (likely due to being a much more recent model), at a guess tautech can jump in soon and give the full run down on the differences.

The following users thanked this post: CiscERsang

• Regular Contributor
I got that,
however, difference at hardware isn't revealed by manufacturer, of course.

Also,
I was considering Keysight 1102G as my first digital scope, when I saw  its price... :palm:
1102G is mostly similar (except quite weak built-in Gen.) to 1102X-E (am I correct?), but price is also by one order...

BR
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:43:28 pm by CiscERsang »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
I got that,
The datasheets tell all............physical differences, different capability and some different/better features.
Study them.  ;)

For the hobbyist the price dictates the X-E as the better choice allowing saved funds to be spent on some other equipment to complement the 2ch X-E.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
An order of magnitude is when you multiply by 10... Maybe you wanted to say double or twice?

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I got that,

Also,
I was considering Keysight 1102G as my first digital scope, when I saw  its price... :palm:
1102G is mostly similar (except quite weak built-in Gen.) to 1102X-E (am I correct?), but price is also by one order...

BR
Keysight 1102G is a 2GSa/s scope and has 2+1 channels (1 digital), so it can decode SPI without using CS timeout mode.  Siglent is a 1GSa/s scope that goes down to 500MSa/s when using both channels.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Also,
No such model.

For 2ch X-E the choices are SDS1202X-E or the later released 2GSa/s 200 MHz SDS2202X-E and 350 MHz SDS2352X-E that offer the same feature set as the 4ch X-E's plus 50 ohm inputs.
@ $619 for SDS2202X-E base model (no options) with 28 Mpts memory and the options to add AWG and/or 16ch MSO later makes them quite attractive.
We wait for news that a 4ch version of SDS2000X-E is coming but no whispers of one as yet.  :(

In all cases the X-E's use the newer and faster processor for much better FFT and general performance.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

• Regular Contributor
An order of magnitude is when you multiply by 10... Maybe you wanted to say double or twice?

yes, I wanted to say almost double...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf