Author Topic: Siglent SDS1104X-E 'Upgraded' to 1204 - Which Firmware ?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline TomKattTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Siglent SDS1104X-E 'Upgraded' to 1204 - Which Firmware ?
« on: July 14, 2023, 05:18:51 pm »
I searched the forums but did not find anything appeared relevant...

I 'upgraded' my Siglent SDS1104X-E to the 200 Mhz version using the serial generator code.  No issues and it seems to work fine and now identifies itself as the SDS1204X-E model, which makes sense.  I see there is a firmware update available for the SDS1104X-E model (and the 1102 + 1202), but curiously there does not seem to be any release (or past history) at all for 4 channel 200 Mhz SDS1204X-E models?

Has anyone been in this situation that can suggest which firmware file version I should use?  I'm assuming that the SDS1104X-E firmware is the one to use in my case.  If the update complains about incorrect model, I guess I could 'downgrade' my scope to it's original configuration, apply the fw update and then 're-upgrade' it again, since it's just option serial codes.

Any information would be appreciated - thanks!

Edit - list of FW files available.  No 1204 version at all?  Strange.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 05:31:23 pm by TomKatt »
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
Re: Siglent SDS1104X-E 'Upgraded' to 1204 - Which Firmware ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 05:30:15 pm »
I searched the forums but did not find anything appeared relevant...

I 'upgraded' my Siglent SDS1104X-E to the 200 Mhz version using the serial generator code.  No issues and it seems to work fine and now identifies itself as the SDS1204X-E model, which makes sense.  I see there is a firmware update available for the SDS1104X-E model (and the 1102 + 1202), but curiously there does not seem to be any release (or past history) at all for 4 channel 200 Mhz SDS1204X-E models?

Has anyone been in this situation that can suggest which firmware file version I should use?  I'm assuming that the SDS1104X-E firmware is the one to use in my case.  If the update complains about incorrect model, I guess I could 'downgrade' my scope to it's original configuration, apply the fw update and then 're-upgrade' it again, since it's just option serial codes.

Any information would be appreciated - thanks!

You tell "there"...  I ask Where.

Here are official FW dowloads

https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-oscilloscopes/#sds1000x-e-series

As you can see there is SDS1xx4X-E   nowhere is FW just for SDS1104X-E because both of these 4 channel versions have exactly same FW. (And OS)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 05:34:55 pm by rf-loop »
EV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 05:32:37 pm »
LOL - just edited my post to include the list of fw files.

Even if there was a 1204 version available, which would I use in my case?
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 05:38:16 pm »
As you can see there is SDS1xx4X-E   nowhere is FW just for SDS1104X-E because both of these 4 channel versions have exactly same FW. (And OS)
OMG - I was completely looking at that and did not see it.  I kept seeing 11x4 somehow. 

Thanks for point the obvious out to me lolz.

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 05:40:16 pm »
SDS1xx4X-E includes the SDS1204X-E

As far as I know, the latest.  Maybe Tautech will chime in if that's not the case?

Note that there are both firmware and OS updates.  They are at times related - in that a feature enabled by new firmware might not show in the UI unless the OS is new enough.  Or something like that.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 08:00:21 pm »
SDS1xx4X-E includes the SDS1204X-E

As far as I know, the latest.  Maybe Tautech will chime in if that's not the case?

Note that there are both firmware and OS updates.  They are at times related - in that a feature enabled by new firmware might not show in the UI unless the OS is new enough.  Or something like that.
100%  :-+

TomKatt, from your list (US website SDS1000X-E series FW) download and unpack the 2nd and 3rd in the list.
Then read the attached PDF's for further guidance.

Come back if you need advice.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: mwb1100

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf