Author Topic: HP Logic Analyzer Inverse Assemblers  (Read 58086 times)

Offline Hamster

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP Logic Analyzer Inverse Assemblers
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2024, 08:48:34 pm »
most if all the information is in this thread, however, some processors require pre-processors to work ( z80, etc ) , you can't just hook up the LA and then use the IA(s).

all the documentation for how to compile the IA for new version Systems have been posted.

i dont think i have ever seen anything that shows cpu to cpu layout.
Arcade Board Repair Guru.  [ twitch: HammysHangout , youTube: Hammy Builds ]

Offline go4retro

Re: HP Logic Analyzer Inverse Assemblers
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2024, 05:26:10 am »
most if all the information is in this thread, however, some processors require pre-processors to work ( z80, etc ) , you can't just hook up the LA and then use the IA(s).

all the documentation for how to compile the IA for new version Systems have been posted.

i dont think i have ever seen anything that shows cpu to cpu layout.

My goal was to design some adapters that didn't fall into the trap of one of the links earlier in the thread:

https://pcbjunkie.net/index.php/logic-analyzer-adapters/

Obviously, his adapter for the Z80 lacks all the buffering, but even his 6502 adapter (which would not have needed any pre-processing, according to the current thread) uses the wrong pin mappings.

And, by looking at a few mappings in a single place, I might be able to deduce how best to create a mapping for a CPU not already supported (the TI ones in the cc-40/74/95 come to mind)

Jim

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf